PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had paint that was too small for a warp?

hitech
09-30-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm curious if anyone else has encountered paint that was too small for a warp to properly feed. It happened to me and I've never heard of anyone else mentioning it.

If you have any idea what to do about it, please don't hesitate to say so. ;)

cphilip
09-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Seems like I remember WAY back someone telling us how to compensate for big OR small paint by manipulating the discs or shimming them or something. I cannot recall the details of it but I remember something like that...

hitech
09-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah, you can compensate for big paint by adding shims to space the disk apart more. However, this paint was too small without any shims. There is no way (other than "cutting" the hub down) to get them closer together.

AGD
09-30-2003, 04:42 PM
The quick fix is to put a layer of tape around the outside edge of the hub rim. That will push the disks in a little further for more bite. I do this all the time. You can also try flipping the urethane disks.

AGD

hitech
09-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AGD
The quick fix is to put a layer of tape around the outside edge of the hub rim. That will push the disks in a little further for more bite. I do this all the time. You can also try flipping the urethane disks.

AGD

I not sure what piece you mean.

There is the outside plate (part #1338), the center piece (part # 1339) or the gear (part #1299).

I assume you mean the outside plate. I still have a bunch of the paint and I'll have to try that. I did try flipping the disks. It seemed to work great, until I started playing. Then it was worse. :(

BTW, what is the long term fix?

thecavemankevin
09-30-2003, 05:27 PM
been there...:(

i ended up just going vert until i shot up all that pant. I tried flipping the disks, but it did not help.

I guess you could try puting some duct tape on the inside of one of the disks...that might work.

50 cal
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
I had some AllStar that would slip on the disks. I put a bit of electrical tape on the disks, inside and out and it fed like crazy. I left it on for some time then finally took it off.

I just made sure the tape was touching through the disk holes to cup the paint.

i_baked_cookies
09-30-2003, 07:23 PM
my warp has never had trouble with paint too big or too small for the warp, but ive had trouble with the 90 degree elbow for the warp. big paint would always get stuck in that and it wasnt fun.