PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots event

Aiki
09-30-2003, 10:33 PM
Yup, it is that time of year again. It is TFT time!!!! The 3rd annual TFT event is going to be held at the Regulators Outpost in Dalton Ga. The dates are November 14th,15th and 16th

We have added a TON of new sponsors for this year’s event; Tippmann, ACI sports, Dragun, TheAngelGuy.com, MajorPaintball.com, DoroPaintball.com and others to be added very soon.

Last years event was fantastic! 180 players and a TON of toys where raised. The TFT foundation was so impressed with last year’s results they are making this one of their premier events. This year the toy drive has grown to include fields and stores. Toys can be dropped off at many of your local paintball stores or fields. If you have a field or store that wants to be a part of the event please contact Dan@24hourgames.com with all of your contact info.

There is a lot that has been planned for this event this year. There are going to be vendors at the event. ACI and TheAngelGuy.com will be there for sure to set up and show there wares. Tippmann has donated some 98's and other things for the prize drawing. Wretched 7 is sponsoring the night play part of the game. They are going to be there with all of the gear. Glow in the dark paint UV hoppers everything you need for some great glow in the dark night play!! As always there is going to be a player’s party on Friday night. There is going to be a concert with up and coming country singer Dustin Wilkes.

Speaking of prize drawing we are going to be doing something different that this event. The event theme is Santa Vs. Frosty. (yes you can dress as an elf!) Since this a Christmas theme we are going put the prize pack out on the field in the form of presents. There are going be Ammo drops sponsored by MajorPaintball.com and TheAngelGuy.com. Yup, that’s right FREE paint and grenades will be on the field.

check out www.24hourgames.com

SN0BL1ND
10-01-2003, 06:13 AM
These guys put on a premier game and the field kicks ***! C'mon and help Poppaboar or Chester (your choice) and give me somebody to run with / against, and have a great time! Admission is a $20 toy, air is $15, and the paint is ZAP CHRONIC at the event or ZAP TORX if you pre-order it. I've played all of the 24hourgames.com games this year and haven't had the first complaint about the paint yet. The players at Regulators have all been some of the most stand up plyers I've had the PLEASURE of playing with / against.

Aiki
10-01-2003, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the great comments about the field and the games that we run. We have always been able to attracted stand up players. The last game you had them so wound up in the base it was funny every 2 minutes I would hear "THERE'S SNO!!"

SN0BL1ND
10-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Just doin' my job of "spreadin' the Donut love"...:D I STILL laugh at the "Sno sightings" Craig was callin' in...;)

nitto
10-02-2003, 09:49 AM
You all know frag and I will be there! We might have some new toys to play with too! :D

Aiki
10-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Like what? Don't leave a brother hang'n

nitto
10-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Well....a raceframe cocker...my worracle...might have some night vision....you know....toys! :)

Load SM5
10-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Well dangit I thought I was a sure thing for this one, but it turns out to be the weekend of my wife's 10 year class reunion. :mad:

I wonder if I can get her to let me come up Sunday for a few hours.

Aiki
10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
aaaahhhh come on now. It is my wifes birthday that weekend.. It would be great if you can get out for at least Sunday

Sinistarr
10-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Well dangit I thought I was a sure thing for this one, but it turns out to be the weekend of my wife's 10 year class reunion. :mad:

I wonder if I can get her to let me come up Sunday for a few hours.
Come up saturday night. There will be plenty of night paintball. See if they will postpone the class reunion! lol. Isn't painball more important? She really needs to get her priorities in order. ;) J/k!

This is going to be a good event!

Will your lovely wife be attending clemsons event? Hope to see ya' both!

~G

Aiki
10-11-2003, 07:08 AM
I have some good news and then some great news..

First the good news. We are in talks with 2 of the major radio stations in the Atlanta area, they have an interest in helping promote the event and raise toys for the foundation. More information will be available later in the week.

Now for the great news. Thanks to a fellow player that got involved in the cause. We now have a sponsorship from TDK!!!!
What does this mean to the player? What can they do for paintball? They have be generous enough to donate a LARGE about of DVD-Rs to the event. This means that we are going to have DVDs of the event available after the game. Thanks to TDK we can give the DVDs away for free!! shipping and handling will be $3.50.. Unless you live close to me and I can bring it over to you:p

robertjuric
10-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey, I am interested in going. I was wondering how to do that toy thing? Just brind the receipt in?

Do we have to prepay for paint/registration or can we do that upon arrival?

Aiki
10-14-2003, 10:23 PM
You can bring the toy to the field on the day of the game. No you don't not have to pre-pay for anything, just pay at the game, If you want cheaper paint then yes you need to pre-pay for the Torx @ $65 a case if not the paint day of the game will be Chronic @75 a case.

We do ask that you RSVP that you are coming so we can make sure that we have enough of everything that we need.

Load SM5
10-14-2003, 10:40 PM
I was mistaken, I can make this one most likely. Pencil me in.

robertjuric
10-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Ok cool. Ill RSVP when I get a definate that Im going. Im going to try to get a friend to come with me.

But this would be be my 1st 24hr scenario game(1st scenario game for that matter). So do you have any helpful hints/info so that Id know what to expect/pack?

Aiki
10-14-2003, 11:34 PM
That is bad A$$ Load that you can make it out the game!!! I know that TMD will be very pumped to have you on the field again..

Robert,

If you are planning to camp pack warm close and sleeping gear. Bring plenty of water. Extra change of close and socks. day time temps are about 65 to 70 nights are 40 to 45 at that time of year. Fires are allowed bring fire wood.
There are a ton of hotels in the area for about $50 a night.

There is food at the field or you can bring your own. (thats what we do)
Click here for all of the rules http://www.24hourgames.com/24HGames-Rules.pdf

IF you have any questions post them here or in the www.24hourgames.com forums.

robertjuric
10-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Is there camping right there or would we have to go somewhere else.

Is there food there free, or we buying? If Im packing food, how many meals would we need?

LOAD!! Your goin?? Sweet. I may see you there! Mom said she may go camping at Unicoi and leave us there.

Aiki
10-14-2003, 11:57 PM
There is going to be camping right there at the field.

There is hamburgers and hot dogs for sale at the field anytime. There will be some kick butt BBQ at Saturday. I am not sure about the prices as of yet.

how much food depends on how much you eat. I usually eat only twice a day during the games.

SN0BL1ND
10-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Hey Load, I'll be leavin' Hartselle early Saturday mornin' to go to the game if ya wanna ride!

Robert~ bring x-tra clothes, lots of water/gatorade, FRS radio, and anything else you are gonna need... everyone has most of the stuff they need, but you'll wind up forgetting SOMETHING!:D

The field is as good a setup (if not better) than Bearclaw for those who've been to Fayetteville. So far there haven't been any serious issues with sportsmanship, and the reffing staff rocks!

Load SM5
10-15-2003, 06:21 AM
I may take you up on that SN0BL1ND.

Last time at bearclaw I slept in my car even though my noisy accross the street neighbors tried to keep me up.:D Not sure If I'll be doing that again, it was a little rough the next morning. I may bring a tent and maybe the MD will offer me a rutty peice of ditch to throw it in. I'll be sure to bring my Desert Camo JT instead of my Red Tom Kaye Decoy Jersey:D

SN0BL1ND
10-15-2003, 06:36 AM
As far as I know, I've got the room in my Toy; if not, there's always the Nissan!:D

Lemme know one way or the other, if ya would kind sir!

robertjuric
10-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SN0BL1ND
Hey Load, I'll be leavin' Hartselle early Saturday mornin' to go to the game if ya wanna ride!

Dude your in Hartselle?? Me to!! Thats crazy.

Im pretty sure Ill be able to go, nothing definete yet. But Ill prob be bringing a tent, as long as its not our 2man Ill have room to spare if anyone needs it.

SN0BL1ND
10-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Hmmm.... if we wanna get a carload, I know the way and we can split gas. Ride is about 3 1/2 hours (gotta stop for coffee and lottery tickets!), and good roads.

Robert~ I live at the end of Gable Circle near Crestline.

robertjuric
10-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Sorry but if I went, I wouldnt be able to carpool. My parents would be goin and maybe camping or getting a hotel in Dillard, Ga.

Really?? My dad lives over by Crestline on Enslen str. But hes deployed overseas ATM. I live over on E. Main Street.

SN0BL1ND
10-16-2003, 07:26 AM
If ya wanna get a face to face skinny on scenario games, I'll be home tonite ('cept for havin' to take my daughter to swim-team practice; won't take long). I live at the end of the cul-de-sac on Gable.

robertjuric
10-16-2003, 05:03 PM
lol I was just got back from over there b/c my bro. was at my dads house. But how old is your daughter? I may know her.

Question bout the event: Does the air pass cover just hpa, or co2 also?

SN0BL1ND
10-17-2003, 06:16 AM
Covers both. My oldest is an 8th grader and is on the HS swim team.

Y'all are welcome to set up with the 'Donuts. I dunno what side I'll be runnin' on, but if we're on the same side you can hang with me. Same for you Load!

I usually park near Aiki's tent, and he normally parks on the right side of the campin' area after you go up the hill.

robertjuric
10-17-2003, 06:25 AM
hey my littest brother is in 8th grade. thats so weird.

Load SM5
10-17-2003, 06:38 AM
So how do we go about making sure we're on the same side?

robertjuric
10-17-2003, 07:11 AM
On the preregistration form there is a thing for which side you want to be on. I guess thatd work.

SN0BL1ND
10-17-2003, 07:45 AM
If y'all wanna run with me, I can hook it up!

Either one of you going to the 9 hour game at Mt. Doom on the 1st?

Load SM5
10-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Well hook it up then!;)

I had'nt thought about that Mt. Doom game but I kind of doubt it. I'm going to the AOSC meet the week after TFT and that's just too much money for 3 weeks in a row.

SN0BL1ND
10-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Agreed... sometimes the smaller games are more fun, tho...

robertjuric
10-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Ya I cant go the 1st either, Im puttin together a mag so my pb budget is pretty depleted. But look for me and my friend at Mt. Doom a lot more after this TFT game.

Im like 99.8% positive we are going. So do what you got to do to get us all on the same side.

SN0BL1ND
10-20-2003, 12:23 PM
OK gentlemen... we (Load, Robert, and I) are runnin' for Chester on Frosty's side. We'll be running against Alabama's own Team GhostBear who will have a sizeable turnout. It's shaping up to be a helluva game!

robertjuric
10-20-2003, 02:21 PM
so does that mean you already RSVP'd for us?

or what?

SN0BL1ND
10-21-2003, 10:17 AM
That means that when you show up, you'll be on Frosty's side. You and Load are invited to run with the Donuts so we can help you learn the scenario ropes.

robertjuric
10-21-2003, 01:41 PM
ok cool

SN0BL1ND
10-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Poppaboar had to bow out of the game, so now we get to go against "Georgia" Joe Hamilton of Georgia Posse. He was my team's XO at the last 24 Hours Game "Animal Houze". Georgia is cool as hell and a lot sharper than he looks!:D

Sinistarr
10-22-2003, 09:11 PM
There is an outside chance that I might be able to play instead of working this one.

Jeff, I'll have a room at the Holiday Inn just up the road a few miles. I'll double check with the wife and see if she minds. I don't think she will though. I played that sleep in the car bit last year too. It sucked!

~G

Load SM5
10-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Well I slept at the one game at Bearclaw that Tom came down for in my car and I was a bit bent the next morning. I may take you up on the hotel..at least for Friday night. Thanks.:D

robertjuric
10-22-2003, 10:37 PM
dude yall needa jeep! I can fold my back seat up and put a small airmatress in the back.

SN0BL1ND
10-23-2003, 06:02 AM
Wait'll you see my coffin...:D

Aiki
10-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Coffin is right there ol'friend.. I can't wait for this game. It is all coming together so well. I like see all of the new teams that are singing up for the event.

SN0BL1ND
10-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Got an idea about numbers, yet? How about the teams playing with / against?

Aiki
10-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Right now there are about 100 players pre-reg to come. We have had verbal commitments from another 40 or 50. There are a few teams that are coming that have not registered yet.

We will not break up the teams until after the first of November

SN0BL1ND
10-24-2003, 06:09 AM
I've been told that we(Donuts+Load+Robert) are runnin' for Chester, and GhostBear is runnin' for Georgia... Any idea who gets what base?

Should be a helluva game!

Aiki
10-24-2003, 06:36 AM
well if all goes well someone may have a NEW base.. We will see, we will see.

SN0BL1ND
10-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Cool! A little bigger than the rebel base???? please???:D

Load SM5
10-24-2003, 10:17 AM
I looked at the field pics, and is it just me or are those bases about the size of tic-tacs?

SN0BL1ND
10-24-2003, 12:03 PM
One is big enough for 3-4 adults or 20+ kids (you think I'm joking...) and the other is big enough for 10-12 adults...

Currently the small base is about 8x8... the bigger one is about 10x15...

the pics don't do the place justice...

Sinistarr
10-24-2003, 11:04 PM
If you can make it down in the next couple of weeks, I'd be glad to give you the nickel tour. ;)

~G

Aiki
10-27-2003, 08:42 AM
well we spent the weekend up there cleaning up and building a new fire base.. It should be a in play at the game, there are a few small things that still need to be done, but I think that we can have it all together by the start of the game..

SN0BL1ND
10-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Cool... cool...:cool:

robertjuric
11-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Ive RSVP'd, cant wait to see everybody there. :)

Sinistarr
11-05-2003, 09:36 PM
ok,like, I'm officially playing now. All signed up and stuff.

It sounds like a bunch of us are going to play from regs. This should be a really big turnout from what I have heard so far.

See y'all in a few weeks!!

~G

SN0BL1ND
11-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Cool! I for one am more than happy to shoot with / at you!:D

Sinistarr
11-06-2003, 08:55 PM
bring it on snowball, er... snoblind.... ;)

I think TAG Factory will be playing. Maybe a special guest player also...

I don't know what the rest of the guys are wanting to do, but I'd like to play alongside the donuts this game.

I need to walk the field again this weekend too. I haven't seen the new stuff yet...

~G

SN0BL1ND
11-07-2003, 06:59 AM
Niether have I...

8 DAYS!!!!!!:D

robertjuric
11-09-2003, 06:14 PM
5 Days!!!!

TAG
11-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Oh yea Oh yea.....
This one is going to be great. We decided to bring out our full setup....well this is our home field afterall

We will have some much needed items at the tests but if you need something special make sure you call Dee before the weekend. T4T players will get special prices on some items and we have a TON of closeout stuff ;)

All of the angels we had in stock have already been promised to players but we are trying to get more in for the event. Again....with "special event pricing" ;) Gotta call Dee for the event prices though.

We have a few DYE matrixs that are arriving so anyone interested in those need to speak up fast.

If we have enough time we plan on having the TAG olympics. We have some great prizes to give away. T-shirts, JT products, Evil Items and a WARP Feed if we get a good crowd. Lots of fun and bring the kids ;)

See ya early Friday morning.

ps....all the Angel users with our Life Time warranties can get the tuneups and service on friday if needed. Its free.....why not bring the guns over before you play.

Load SM5
11-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Oh nifty a tent I can hang out under and sponge beer off of;) Thanks Bob!

TAG
11-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Oh nifty a tent I can hang out under and sponge beer off of;) Thanks Bob!

crap....now we need to bring beer ;)

Load SM5
11-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I know you better than that. You always have beer within reach. That's what gets you lubed up for your "special techin'"
;)

Sinistarr
11-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Now I know why he won't let me in the fridge. Hording it all for himself... Hmmmmm. ;) :p :D

~G