PDA

View Full Version : Need hard tech questons

bryceeden
10-01-2003, 07:44 AM
I need the absolute hardest tech questions anyone can come up with. My competitor(not enemy, alot like Tom and Bud) wants a tech question that he cann't answer, he thinks he can answer anything so please give me the hardest tech questions you can come up with. I need the answers too.

Thanks

Bryce Eden
Millennium Paintball Vernal Division
(435)828-3300

Bolter
10-01-2003, 08:26 AM
please give me the hardest tech questions you can come up with. I need the answers too

hehehe!!

Koosh
10-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Here is a good one:

"Why won't the damn thing work?"

(The answer is: Because)

Hexis
10-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Ask him why Challenge/Response systems are not a valid way to reduce the ammount of spam email.

The answer is that due to the current design and limitations of SMTP C/R systems actually increase the ammount of spam since the from: address is almost always forged.

That's a good hard tech question.

cledford
10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Ask him the quickest way to identify and locate a rogue DHCP server on a subnet. (softball)

Ask him how to determine the actual path (across multiple routers) that a GRE tunnel traverses without looking at individual router configs. I can't even figure this one out. (hardball)

-Calvin

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 11:49 AM
is this tech as in paintball tech or tech as in "General I know everything tech"?

-rob

cphilip
10-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I dunno... but if it doesn't soon start turning into a Paintball thing it's getting moved...I suspect its Paintball Tech is what he wanted and has not gotten so far.

Kingman01
10-01-2003, 12:15 PM
I have an 01 angel lcd. For some reason I cannont get the velocity above 260, even when I adjust the imput pressure/lpr. Do you know what causes this?

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 12:18 PM
low lpr pressure or dwell would be my first guess.

lpr -> 90psi
dwell -> 14

try that :)

-rob

ScatterPlot
10-01-2003, 01:41 PM
What is the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Wow I cant beleive I got that one first.

wageslave
10-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by bertmcmahan
What is the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 01:45 PM
what is the over pressurization point on a valve in the fashion of an angel / cocker / spyder?

answer

the point at which increasing pressure to the valve stops to raise the velocity and actually makes it go lower.

-rob

bryceeden
10-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I dunno... but if it doesn't soon start turning into a Paintball thing it's getting moved...I suspect its Paintball Tech is what he wanted and has not gotten so far.
Thanks, I forgot to say that. I need Paintball Marker tech questions.

Hexis
10-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Sure ruin the fun...

No sKiLLz
10-01-2003, 07:50 PM
We had a nice argument over this one at PBN. I don't know if this is easy for him, but why is it when you reduce the input pressure from the tank, that less output pressure from the inline is needed to achieve the same velocity?

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 08:05 PM
first there is the inverse output of reg systems, but basically you want to have 2 regs and the inline (2nd) reg should have a 150 - 300 psi gradient or difference in input and output pressures.

As far at pressure behind a valve goes, you hit the valve from one side with a hammer to open it.

The pressure on the other side is the combination of 2 things, spring pressure and air pressure.

When the air pressure reaches a certain point, it begins to make the valve open less.

-rob

Ghost Stalker
10-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Here is one for him. There is a spyder compact that when you pull the trigger it doesnt shoot every time. You have to pull the trigger a few tiomes for it to shoot. But when you pull the striker knob back about a millimeter it will cock and shoot. So you have tried a new sear, striker, o-rings, and even new springs in the frame and the gun itself. But it still doesnt fire every time you shoot. Basically replacing everything in the gun.

Answer: There is a pin in the frame that the stiker hits. If the gun is old or has just been used a whole lot the pin will wear, resulting in the above problem. So you have to flip the pin around or replace it. It is a hard piece to see unless you get a flash light and really look hard. Believe me.

No sKiLLz
10-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by ezrunner
first there is the inverse output of reg systems, but basically you want to have 2 regs and the inline (2nd) reg should have a 150 - 300 psi gradient or difference in input and output pressures.

As far at pressure behind a valve goes, you hit the valve from one side with a hammer to open it.

The pressure on the other side is the combination of 2 things, spring pressure and air pressure.

When the air pressure reaches a certain point, it begins to make the valve open less.

-rob

I think I'm not understanding. Starting with a Matrix with a HP preset tank, the gauge on the inline output reads 210 PSI and shoots 300FPS. Now switch the HP preset with a LP preset, and retune the marker over a chrono to 300fps again. Checking the gauge it reads 190. The only difference being the tank presets. How?

Jeff_PbDaddy
10-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Question: What was the name of Sky King's airplaine?

Ansewr: Songbird.

bryceeden
10-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the paintball related responses, keep them coming. I could use something hard about a mag, because he is clueless about mags(maybe explain the compleat steps(what the valve does not what the user does) used in an X-valves mags firing) I don't realy know anything beond the basics, so if anyone could help me out I would apreshiate it.

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Timing issues:

What role does the power tube spacer play in the timing of a mag?

(it adjusts at which point in the bolt travel the air begins to be released)

dinger
10-01-2003, 11:41 PM
how do you adjust the pull on a spyder imagine?

A: theres a screw inside the frame on the trigger. unscrewing it makes the pull shorter because it hits this bar in the body.

you wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure that out lolol

Octavian
10-02-2003, 12:18 AM
how do i put an impulse i frame on a bob long defient?

bryceeden
10-02-2003, 07:32 AM
I forgot to say he runs a paintball shop, and is an almost semi-decent airsmith. So the questions need to be extreamly tricky(I don't know if he'll know the timing on the mag one)

AGD
10-02-2003, 10:48 AM
It's simple, ask him how an O-ring works. If he gives you a one sentence answer he is wrong.

AGD

Dayspring
10-02-2003, 10:50 AM
HAHAHAHA!

And there it is. :D

bryceeden
10-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks Tom, I bet that will beat him. Could you give me the answer, I would use the one sentance answer. If I don't know the answer he probably won't exept defeat.

Dayspring
10-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Do you have the hour for Tom to explain it?

He did it at the Megameet. He did it at IAO.

The Oring Talk will FRY your brain. :D

He'll give you information. You'll give him what you think is the right answer. He'll look at you and go "Are you sure?"

At this point, you question every choice you've ever made. ;)

bryceeden
10-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Could you summerize it so I can prove Him(Dale) wrong.

AGD
10-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Draw a circle on some paper, at the top-bottom-left-right put the numbers 1 throug 4. North would be 1 south would be 2 etc.

Ask him which numbers on an oring are the sealing points. The correct answer is "three but it depends". If he says two or cant explain three he is wrong.

AGD

hitech
10-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Here is a good explaination complete with pictures. ;)

http://www.usseal.com/orings/oring_function_1.html

AGD
10-02-2003, 03:58 PM
OT the best technical question I every heard was:

Does the moon rise east to west or west to east?

The correct answer is "both".

Figure that one out.

AGD

Muzikman
10-02-2003, 05:02 PM
/me digs back into the brain looking for data from his 8th grade earth/space science class. Now, I am no expert, but from ny experiances with the outdoors and navigation the moon does not rise or set at a set point (or time for that matter). This is due to the fact that the earths rotates the same direction the moon orbits. This inturn gives us our phases of the moon. As for Tom's question. It appears that the moon rises in the east and sets in the west, but the orbit of the moon is really a west to east orbit (same direction we revolve around the sun).

Am I at least close?

lord1234
10-02-2003, 05:23 PM
what is hysterisis?

bryceeden
10-02-2003, 07:06 PM
I have no navigational knowledge, but is the answer to Tom's question that it depends on what side of the world you are on?:confused:

cockermongol
10-02-2003, 07:18 PM
what is the maximum velocity of a paintball before it loses structural integrity?

being that a paintball shell is semi-permeable (it enlarges when totally emerced in water), is it possible for it to also lose water if it is covered with salt?

expanding off that same question... if a paintball is repeatedly placed in distilled water (100% water content) will it eventually lyse (fracture/explode)?

could a bag of paintballs be stored in an isotonic liquid solution and still be functionable?

is it possible to take a paintball that has been inflated with water and return it to its original posture through osmosis through the membrane into an area of less concentration?

cledford
10-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by AGD
It's simple, ask him how an O-ring works. If he gives you a one sentence answer he is wrong.

AGD

:D :D :D :D :D

Better yet, ask him if Smart Parts knowns how an oring works ;)

-Calvin

cledford
10-03-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by hitech
Here is a good explaination complete with pictures. ;)

http://www.usseal.com/orings/oring_function_1.html

Figure 5 - can you FSDO?

-Calvin

bryceeden
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks Tom it looks like the Oring question beat him. If you get a question about Orings from Dale Price of Pegleg Paintball please don't answer it.

Muzikman
10-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Oh, hell you are talking about Dale??? Yeah, he knows his stuff. Great guy too.

hitech
10-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by cledford

Figure 5 - can you FSDO?

FSDO? I don't get it. What does FSDO stand for?

cledford
10-06-2003, 02:19 PM
First shot drop off.

-Calvin

magmonkey
10-06-2003, 02:45 PM
ok tough mag question

on a mag with a retro valve and lvl ten

the marker is highly reactive and either bolt sticks or leaks with any lvl 10 carrier/shim combo?
it took me a long time to figure it out.