PDA

View Full Version : tanks and reactivty

ERut
10-01-2003, 03:34 PM
I noticed my X-valve isn't as reactive as others I've shot. I know that the Classic RT valves were more reactive than the X's, but no matter how high I turn the input pressure up, I can't get it into runaway.

I'm using a flatline and I though that might have something to do with it (because a flatline is similar to the AIR valve). Is the flatline not able to keep up, or is there somehing else I'm not doing?

In other words, does the kind of tank your using affect your reactivity?

DJBacon06
10-01-2003, 05:02 PM
as far as I understand....yes, the higher the input pressure, the more reative your trigger should be...somebody PLEASE correct me if i am wrong, because i don't exactly have an RT or X-valve:(

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 05:23 PM
input pressure is directly related to reactivity.

I had a centerflag hyperflow that was great for this :)

-rob

sps16
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ERut
In other words, does the kind of tank your using affect your reactivity?
thats what i would like to know? :confused:

Steelrat
10-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Im not sure if there is a direct relation to flow rate and output. If there flow rate is low, I would think that would affect the reactivity of the valve. But I'm no engineer...

BajaBoy
10-01-2003, 06:01 PM
i found that the "right" input will give you a nice reactive feel.. the higher i went with mine just made my trigger like a rock and i did not feel any kick in it because the pull was so hard...... run it around 750 and you can sweet spot it if you want..

remember.. sweetspotting will wear your sear and bolt and its not legal.

trex
10-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Input pressure does greatly effect reactivity, but to truly find a sweet spot your tank regulator has to have a high flow rate. For example, I had a 68/3000 flatline and never hit a true sweet spot. But since I got my centerflag hyperflow, I can find/hit the sweet spot VERY easily. Mine even works with the ULT which is supposed to eliminate alot of the reactivity. And, yes I know its illegal in games, but its still fun to do when you're messing around . . . so hold the lectures.

trex

Z-man
10-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah that is basically it. High flow rate and a high input pressure will do it. When you really turn up the input pressure you can control the rapid-fire of the RT. a hard pressure will keep it cycling around 10-13bps and a feather light touch can get you up to around 23-24+. At that point though, you are at the limit of the Halo's ability to keep up so you can't get much faster with paint in it.

My experience with the Max Flow's has been great with this. If the new Air America regs are as good as they claim though, Ill be putting that on my next Mag.

Lastly I have not noticed much difference in the speed difference on the my Classic RT and my XValved RT Pro. I have got both up to 22-23bps with the Halo and paint.

ERut
10-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ezrunner
input pressure is directly related to reactivity.

I know that, but like I said, with my input pressure at 1000 on my flatline, I can't sweetspot. I was just wondering about reactivity related to recharge rate.

Originally posted by trex
Input pressure does greatly effect reactivity, but to truly find a sweet spot your tank regulator has to have a high flow rate. For example, I had a 68/3000 flatline and never hit a true sweet spot. But since I got my centerflag hyperflow, I can find/hit the sweet spot VERY easily.
trex

And I think i found my answer... So me using a flatline cancut down on the reactivity of the trigger and make it hard to sweetspot...? Thanks guys

Aegis
10-02-2003, 07:14 PM
For what it is worth, I could sweetspot my rig just fine with an Armegeddon for air, but can't seem to get it right with the flatline.

xrancid_milkx
10-03-2003, 12:23 AM
I actually asked a similar question before on this forum, but never really got a direct answer.

I own an X-Valve, and my friend has an RT Pro. We both have the EXACT same tanks (centerflag preset 68/300 800psi output). But, his trigger is way more reactive. It has more return force, and he can easily bounce it. Now me on the other hand, I have less return force, and I CANNOT bounce the trigger no matter what I do. I was wondering if the lvl 10 might cause this?

Kaiser Bob
10-03-2003, 01:10 AM
on/off pin length also plays a factor

ZAust
10-03-2003, 02:26 AM
so, my flatline is kinda suckful when it comes to flow rate? is it at the bottom of the spectrum when it comes to high-end, adjustable tanks? that kinda sucks.

sah111489
02-07-2004, 08:22 AM
do you guys know if the nitroduck adjustable tanks provide good reactivity? I'm getting one in a deal and I just wanted to know? Thanks.

InexactMelissa
02-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by sah111489
do you guys know if the nitroduck adjustable tanks provide good reactivity? I'm getting one in a deal and I just wanted to know? Thanks.

Depends - Using the same nitroduck on a classic RT - it's great; not so great using it with my new X-valve RT Pro.

Wish it wasn't so :(