PDA

View Full Version : AO needs an Anti-hype forum?

GT
10-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Just wondering what you guys thought. I am sure more than a few of us have read Doc's post. Some of you piss and moan that he was to harsh. The idea behind the forum would be a place to post info about the latests cool pb tech and prove/disprove it in fact based argument.

It would be great if the forum was visited by the "heavy hitters" in the pb industry; Bob, Doc, Tom, WAS (darn forgot his name), etc....

In any case just a thought.....

LaW
10-01-2003, 04:25 PM
nah thats ok i dont think its necessary :)

SlartyBartFast
10-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Anti-hype is the atmosphere on all of AO. No need for a seperate forum.:)

Plus, how do you see the forum being different? Wasn't there a forum for properly testing equipment that closed? And there's always Deep Blue...

cphilip
10-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Das right! We ARE an antihype forum. Through and through.

TecnoRobo
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
yah id like to see a board like that.

i would definately check it out all the time.
the deep blue is something like that. if we were to have another anti-hype board id like it to be more general though, maybe not so complex shall we say

reviews
that sorta thing

dinger
10-01-2003, 07:02 PM
what do you mean "anti-hype?" :o

edweird
10-02-2003, 03:41 AM
By "Anti-Hype" they refer to AO's reputation for delivering straight facts regardless of company loyalty and flashy advertisement dollars.

Take for example the 2k3 shocker and its "Seal Forward technology" hype. Translated it basically means they close the breech before blowing air down the barrel - woop de do - Nothing new there!

All in all its an Anti-Hype standard that prevents the manufactures advertising spin doctors to place whatever "Flux Capacitor Inside" sticker they want and lure people from reality.

Death with the Hype... Down with the placebo ingenuity... All hail real research and development

GT
10-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by edweird
Death with the Hype... Down with the placebo ingenuity... All hail real research and development

nice very "siggable"

Hexis
10-02-2003, 09:34 AM
We have one, it's named "Paintball Talk".

edweird
10-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

nice very "siggable"

Considder this my /signature on the release form :P

jaylock33
10-02-2003, 12:20 PM
I thought that was the purpose of the Deep Blue forum.