PDA

View Full Version : The House of the Dead

sharpshooter1286
10-01-2003, 05:19 PM
does anyone else think this is going to suck? i think some parts could be kinda cool but when i watched the trailer on the website even more parts looked gay. the storys gonna suck, its not even like the video game. resident evil was a great great movie IMO and lara croft sucked, so whats gonna happen to this movie version of a game?

banzaimf
10-01-2003, 05:42 PM
only one reason to watch Tomb Raider. Anytime a guy grunts in approval at a shot of Angelina Jolie, you take a drink. 2 drinks if it's a closeup.

StuDawggie
10-02-2003, 08:39 AM
I have this theory about movies based on video games... THEY ALL SUCK. (except Tomb Raider, cuz Angelina Jolie is just hot). Remember Street Fighter, and Double Dragon?

PyRo
10-02-2003, 08:51 AM
What about video games that come from movies? :)

Downfall
10-02-2003, 09:02 AM
There are more video game to movie coming soon. Metal Gear solid is one of them. I bet that's going to suck. There really haven't been any good game to movie translations, does any one remember super mario bros.? I think the only succesful (money wise) translation has been Pokemon. Has any one else seen the Japanese version of Resident Evil?, it came out years before the US version, total waste of film and time. I think the biggest disapointment has been Final Fantasy, fantastic, CG technology at times you forgot it was all CG but who came up with the horrible story line?? Huge let down.

StuDawggie
10-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
What about video games that come from movies? :)

They're just as crappy as the movies based on video games

Woogie12
10-02-2003, 06:42 PM
They should make a Halo movie. Halo: The Fall of Reach and Halo: The Flood. That would be amazing if they were anything like the books.

Kai
10-02-2003, 07:00 PM
I also think it will suxxx.

Resident Evil was decent.

Jonneh
10-03-2003, 03:38 AM
I like how in house of the dead, they've gotten rid of the house entirely, and turned it into an action *** teen horror *** survival flick. I'm sure it will suck

Also, about the Metal Gear Solid movie, Tom Cruise wanted to buy the rights to make a movie, konami said they could, so long as they could work alongside cruises team in production (Which, I think is a fantastic idea, seeing as how brilliant the (hours of) cinematics in mgs2 are), and could do away with any parts they didn't like (which I think is reasonable, wanting to protect their very strong franchise). Cruise said no deal and cancelled the contract. I'm not sure it would have worked anyway, without David Hayters voice, Snake would never EVER be as badass as he is in the games.

Also, go check out the New Trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (it's a remake of mgs1 + a whole bunch of new content, all in the new engine) for the gamecube, it's pretty fantastic.