PDA

View Full Version : Izon

Iron Mag13
10-01-2003, 05:42 PM
has anyopne had any experince with the Dye Izon laser sight?

lew
10-01-2003, 05:43 PM
It is not a laser sight. It is a red dot sight.

Iron Mag13
10-01-2003, 05:47 PM
yes but prjects a dot on a target right?

ezrunner
10-01-2003, 05:51 PM
well it looks like a dot on the target

You see it but nobody else does, it is an illusion :)

-rob

nt2004
10-01-2003, 06:06 PM
it puts an adjustable red dot on a peice of glass that you look through to sight your target. Its not a laser pointer

Evil Bob
10-01-2003, 06:25 PM
The IZON is what is called an "occluded eye" site. With both eyes open, using your dominate eye, you look into the site. Your brain takes that red dot and combines the image with the one your non-dominate eye is seeing, and low and behold.... a red dot appears on your target.

They take some getting used to initially, you have to train yourself to keep both eyes open and to not focus on the back end of the marker or the site itself but on the target you are shooting at.

-Evil Bob

Vircolac
10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
The mounting system is a U-shaped channel with 4 allen screws. It doesn't match up well with any sight rail I've seen on paintball guns, and the Izon I have sits around doing nothing because of this. Armson makes a better one. Just a little heads up for you if your thinking of buying. In my opinion, the Izon isn't worth it.

UltimatePaintballer
10-01-2003, 07:52 PM
IMO, if you play speedball, don't get a site. its not worth it. you are better off shooting 20 rounds in a line then trying to line up a shot and hit the guy in one. If you are in the woods then yea get one but still only if your a sniper.

just my two cents

RenagadeOfFunk
10-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
IMO, if you play speedball, don't get a site. its not worth it. you are better off shooting 20 rounds in a line then trying to line up a shot and hit the guy in one. If you are in the woods then yea get one but still only if your a sniper.

just my two cents

there is no such thing as a sniper in panitball...everyones range is practically the same...also accuracy is they same...you can consider yourself a sniper if you can shoot 1000ft...but to bad practically if you shoot shtraight with a paintball gun it will only go about 300 ft...

FalconGuy016
10-01-2003, 08:25 PM
I can see its uses while longballing in woodsgames, especially in some of our cross the river shootouts. Especially when you have a narrow range of fire at a long distance, you can line up the dot vertically and then judge how high to aim.

wobbles82
10-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Renegade, I think Ultimate was just trying to say that some people prefer to camp out and kinda, sneak shots in on people. Anyways, I had a Swifty back in my Tippmann "I wanna shoot an Awper rifle" days, and it wasnt bad. Like it was said, both eyes open and ya see a little dot, if your playing some nice woodsball, makes for some good games. Speedball...who cares..im carrying pods anyways. :D

Jeff_PbDaddy
10-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Red Dot sights for a paintball marker....

Where were all these guys when I was (working my way through school) selling used cars?

Jeff

UltimatePaintballer
10-01-2003, 10:44 PM
thanks wobbles, thats exactly what i meant. i need to learn to be more specific:(

Iron Mag13
10-02-2003, 07:13 AM
ok what kind of sights project a dot that i can see and the other person can to

Prezents
10-02-2003, 07:19 AM
I have one and have had the old armson sight for a along time and have loved them. They are great but the 2 eyed sight takes some getting use to. here is a pict of one on my Illusion.
http://lewistown.net/~prezents/markers/Illustion1.jpghttp://lewistown.net/~prezents/markers/Illustion5.jpg

Iron Mag13
10-02-2003, 03:19 PM
i want one that actoully PROJECTS a laser that i can see on the target and he/she can see if they are looking

UltimatePaintballer
10-02-2003, 03:27 PM
those are expensive

logamus
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
those are expensive

that and most fields wont allow them either.

Fuji
10-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Take it from someone who has tried. Those cool red dot projectors (laser pointers) are useless in daylight. Either the target is too far, or it is too hard to see. That and the fact that most fields don't like people using them.

On the other hand. IF you can use it indoors (low light conditions) AND the field is cool with it, then perhaps its worthwhile. I recommend an occluded dot sight myself. ADCO makes a few decent ones for a reasonable price.

There was a discussion about this before. Someone had mentioned a green laser...

Pacifist_Farmer
10-02-2003, 06:27 PM
I use to love it when the kids would come out with their lazer pointer sights, as night starts to fall its like they put a light house on their guns..

they were always the first to go.

Evil Bob
10-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Lasers are normally banned at fields for insurance reasons, lasers have a really bad tendency to blind people when you shine it in their eyes. Considering that you usually only see their head and their marker, you stand a really good chance of getting their eyes when aiming at them.

-Evil Bob