PDA

View Full Version : vans makes paintball shoes?

bornl33t
10-02-2003, 06:46 AM
I was just looking around on paintballgear.com and found out that vans makes a paintball shoe? I didn't know this, I love vans! And this shoe actually still looks like a shoe without all the hoopla they put on dye's shoe, I want to wear a shoe afterall not a spaceship.

A little pricey but still....

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/060-700-0004.html

edweird
10-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Hrrm well they look nice... I still aint gonna part with my diggers though.

-=Squid=-
10-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Hmm...very nice. I like! Although they have been out for a while...but hey, there is WAY more flare and janksy stuff on the vans shoe than the dyes.

Bolter
10-02-2003, 07:58 AM
I would wait as they will prob bring out a new shoe for next season soon. I'm guessing but all the p'ball companies do this.

-=Squid=-
10-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Bolter
I would wait as they will prob bring out a new shoe for next season soon. I'm guessing but all the p'ball companies do this. Yes, dye already has all there merchandise on clearance prices on there website...

www.dyeprecision.com

Tyger
10-02-2003, 02:22 PM
IMHO : That's WAY too much hype for a shoe...

I had a pair of the "Avalance" series shoe. HEAVY!!!! I think my old combat boots were lighter. But nothing wiped paint off faster, lemme tell ya. Played in 'em 3-4 times, decided they were jut WAY too heavy.

The new vans weigh... lemme see... 9 ounces? Not bad. At least that's been fixed. But I've found better for outdoors. I'm still a woods baller, and the 'clown colored shoes' just don't cut it in the woods, I'm sorry. I'd eat a pair up in half a season.

SPONSOR PLUG! I like the Bite River Runners (http://www.biteshoes.com/outdoor/styles/2705a.htm) myself, but I'm biased. END PLUG!!!

Ok, seriously, price isn't really an issue. HAving broken my ankle due to a poor choice in footwear, I'm willign to spend cash now ot prevent it from happening again. It's like goggles. Do you have $35 eyes or $120 eyes? I think I have ankles worth $80...

-Tyger

Skoad
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
i just wear an old pair of regular vans that cost me 30 bucks anyway :)

einhander619
10-02-2003, 03:44 PM
AGD should make a shoe with LVL 11: Mechanical anti-trip! For when you mess up those breaks and bunker runs.

Tyger
10-02-2003, 04:04 PM
If AGD made a shoe, it'd tie itself, you know.

-Tyger

Toxic Dave
10-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Vans made this version of shoe way before Avalanche had their name put on it. I wen to the local Vans outlet store and there they were except in normal colors.

I'm a Vans wearing fool, but there's no way I'm buying something that has a team other than mine's name on it.

dave

bornl33t
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Well I didn't see avalances name on it... I doubt I would buy shoe JUST for paintballing anyway.. but ya never know. Plus they do look very mate colored.. which is also not bad for woods ball, plus I've yet to come accrost a pair of vans that I can destroy in a year. So, from all the factors I can see they look like a decent shoe for paintball, and like tyger said, I got million dollar angles ( just a 80$ wallet ) so who knows... I might actually jump on these... I wish I could try them on though....

The whole reason for the topic though was the fact that VANS MAKES A PAINTBALL SHOE. I though diggeres and dye where the only ones.

btw, the next best thing to flames... is a checkerd pattern :D