PDA

View Full Version : *official* Division Series Playoff thread

jdev
10-02-2003, 10:34 AM
everyone post here your thoughts, opinions and general dislike with your fav team/teams opponents performance during the division playoffs.

personally, rooting for the sox, as if it may not have been obvious, so far in the series, 0-1.. but its gonna change, I can feel it. then at the last moment, they are going to choke.. as usual.

game one was a decent game. lead off by a homer from walker, then yet again another homer, then a 2 run homer by varitek.. oooh. the homerun goodness...

pedro.. 130 pitches. his arm is now junk for at least 3 games..

kim.. (insert swear words here)

embree.. its not your fault.. oh wait.. yea it is.. they got that hit that tied the game off you.. bastard!

so, what are your thoughts?

Curly
10-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Im definetly rooting for the A's. I woulda been at the game last night if I wasnt working. I did try and watch the jumbotron from outside the stadium on my way home though. :D

dansim
10-02-2003, 10:37 AM
GO SOX, those are my thoughts and comments

jdev
10-02-2003, 10:40 AM
dan,

well thought out, well written, and well executed!

dansim
10-02-2003, 02:03 PM
DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny_Reb
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Lets go Yankees!:D

Sox losing to Oakland, just as I expected.

1918, 1918, 1918........

sps16
10-02-2003, 04:24 PM
go my a's show no mercy
5-1, no outs, runners on 1st and 2nd. E. Durazo up, the "detergeant" (sp?) come to clean out you socks :)

jdev
10-02-2003, 06:21 PM
i was out all afternoon, so i didnt catch the game..

came back to check yahoo sports.. sox got pwned again.

i hate the redsox.

:rolleyes:

Curly
10-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by joey d
i hate the redsox.

I knew you would come around.

Torbo
10-02-2003, 07:46 PM
TWINS!!!!

and sox too, but thats just a side issue

bunkermaster10
10-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Come on BRAVES! I don't think they will choke this year will make it at least to the WS (I hope). :)

grw4w34
10-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Go Giants
they just let florida win a game for simpathy reasons. Battle of the bay this year for the series

ZAust
10-03-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by grw4w34
Go Giants
they just let florida win a game for simpathy reasons. Battle of the bay this year for the series

what the...? geoff, we actually agree on something!

sps16
10-03-2003, 03:55 AM
haha, thats funny, the giants making it to the WS. you guys are awesome :p

nippinout
10-03-2003, 05:00 AM
Uh... Go Twins?

I live in Minneapolis, used to live in Chicago.

I'm really a Cubs fan but I stopped following baseball a few years ago. Once Rod Beck left and the pitching staff screwed up Kerry Wood's arm, I stopped watching. Rod Beck was the best walrus-man of a pitcher.

BTW, I'm going to the Metrodome on Sunday to watch the Twins. Beer and hot dogs!!! :cool:

Twins > Yankees

I really don't want to see the Yankees succeed. :p

jdev
10-03-2003, 07:11 AM
eh, the sox will come around.. right? because they always do.. or something like that.

anyways.. im all for the twins. any team that can kick the yankees asses.. im all for. unfortunately, the twins lost last night *sigh*

headcase
10-03-2003, 07:45 AM
eh, the sox will come around.. right? because they always do.. or something like that.

Hmmmm....

I know I haven't been in the Boston area for any serious amount of time in around eight years, but when do the Sox ever come around?

I can not beleve that I am about to say this:
Boston Red Sox in October = Miami Dolphins in December.

Only difference is, I like the Sox :(

GO PATS!!

Tuff
10-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Series should be 1-1. Grady cost us Game 1 with poor managing, and a bonehead bottom 9th pitcher change. That ****ing guy....

Vash02
10-03-2003, 10:14 PM
I swear if the braves dont get their act together im really gonna start boycotting baseball. These 2 hitters by the cubs are pissen me off. Im actually a cubs fan (after the braves) and it makes me angry cause the cubs didnt look anything like this in the regular season so thats really the only reason im super pissed.

jdev
10-04-2003, 10:25 PM
i dont care how the series turns out with the sox and the A's.. doesnt really matter.

even A's fans have to admit..

YOU GOT OWNED TONIGHT.

interference on veritek causes boston to get a run..

blondie there, doesnt tag home plate..

tejada.. has to whine about interference rather than tagging homeplate, veritek tags him out.

and the end all.. in the bottom of the 11th, nixon smacks a 2 run homer.

<- gitty as a lil school girl @ an 'nsync concert

.joe.

Gitaroo Man
10-05-2003, 12:04 AM
GO As!!!

dansim
10-05-2003, 01:05 AM
im very happy, what a good game

sps16
10-05-2003, 02:04 AM
i dont care how the series turns out with the sox and the A's.. doesnt really matter.

even A's fans have to admit..

YOU GOT OWNED TONIGHT.

interference on veritek causes boston to get a run..

blondie there, doesnt tag home plate..

tejada.. has to whine about interference rather than tagging homeplate, veritek tags him out.

and the end all.. in the bottom of the 11th, nixon smacks a 2 run homer.

<- gitty as a lil school girl @ an 'nsync concert

.joe.
how did we get owned? we gave you soooo many chances to score, and you mustarded 1 run, count them 1 run, out of that inning of horrors. Any player knows that interference is means for an free walk to the next bag. About the 2 run homer, well....**** happend

ZAust
10-05-2003, 02:10 AM
i think you guys know how i feel when you see my sig... but pudge rodriguez is a hog savage.

bunkermaster10
10-05-2003, 07:25 AM
Well my fav player Chipper is awesome and a life saver. Two homers from both sides of the plate :) and a Braves win.

tony3
10-05-2003, 09:36 AM
The cubs anyone? Go cubbies!

Vash02
10-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Yep chipper pwned the cubs all by himself. Thats what they get for Hitting sheffield and making him miss that game.

CasingBill
10-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Gee.....guess who's movin on???? YANKEES...of course. I hope the sox can squeak out another win. Would love to crush there hopes again!!!!:D

lazyprsn
10-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Im rooting for the yanks but im undecided to wether or not I want the sox to win or lose. I would love to see their hopes crushed but i don't think my heart would be able to handle sox - yanks in the postseason.

Kai
10-05-2003, 10:01 PM
And the Cubs win.

Boston/Cubs world series, all the way.

bunkermaster10
10-06-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm super depressed my team chokes again. We should be called Atlanta Chokes.

Timmee
10-06-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Kai
And the Cubs win.

Boston/Cubs world series, all the way.

Yeah, that'll happen.

*snicker*

Go Yankees!

Johnny_Reb
10-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Personally I think the Braves should rip apart the team and reform. I wouldnt resign Maddux, Shef, or Javy, but instead form a new core, theyve proven they cant win with this one. If I were the Braves GM Id have to make next year a re-tooling year, maybe go after Derrek Lee, get some more pitchers and get rid of Fick.

Did yall see what Fick did to Cubs first baseman Eric Karros? Jerk, he deserved the $25,000 fine AND a suspension from the series with that move.

Red Sox fans, do you really wanna beat the As? Who would you rather lose to, the As in the ALDS, or the Yanks in the ALCS? I dunno know about you but Id rather lose to the As in the ALDS than have the Yankee fans rub it in your faces that they beat you in the ALCS all of next year.

My WS prediction: Yanks beat Marlins in 6.

jdev
10-06-2003, 10:25 PM

damn right!!!

woohoo!!! sox go on to play the yankees!!

A's = OWNED

next up, yankees.. red sox are an unstoppable train now!!

sps16
10-06-2003, 10:26 PM
arg, my team is cursed :(

jdev
10-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_Reb

Red Sox fans, do you really wanna beat the As? Who would you rather lose to, the As in the ALDS, or the Yanks in the ALCS? I dunno know about you but Id rather lose to the As in the ALDS than have the Yankee fans rub it in your faces that they beat you in the ALCS all of next year.

yes, I would rather see the yanks beat us. im used to seeing this by now, and can handle the comments.. but being beaten by the A's, i dont think I could handle that.. :D

Curly
10-06-2003, 11:51 PM
What a crappy way to lose. I cant believe the put in a pinch hitter for dye, all we need was an outfield fly to tie the game. Dye can hit those. Stupid choice in my opinion.

ZAust
10-06-2003, 11:51 PM
WEWTNESS!!! yes!! the as got PWNED!!! wow, i cant wait for the yankess sox series. the red sox are officially now my team for the playoffs. my call: red sox over marlins in 7.

sps16
10-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by ZAust
WEWTNESS!!! yes!! the as got PWNED!!! wow, i cant wait for the yankess sox series. the red sox are officially now my team for the playoffs. my call: red sox over marlins in 7.
haha a's owned? we lasted longer then your team, and we didn't get beat by the marlins, at least the r.s. have some credibility (sp)

ZAust
10-07-2003, 12:05 AM
chris, this has nothing to do with the giants. the as choked majorly, losing three straight, especially game 5 at home. yes, the giants played like poo, but im capping on the as now.

dansim
10-07-2003, 05:44 AM
YAY!!!, red sox won YAY!!!!! red sox won YAY!!!!!!im going to hawaii yay!!!!question one do you know any slow or special people? yay!!!!!!!

jdev
10-07-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by dansim
YAY!!!, red sox won YAY!!!!! red sox won YAY!!!!!!im going to hawaii yay!!!!question one do you know any slow or special people? yay!!!!!!!

yes dan, i know one ;)

Johnny_Reb
10-07-2003, 12:34 PM
What a crappy way to lose. I cant believe the put in a pinch hitter for dye, all we need was an outfield fly to tie the game. Dye can hit those. Stupid choice in my opinion. Especially when BoSox Manager Grady Little already signaled he would walk Dye to load the bases. But did the As let Dye walk, no they didnt, they let a recently-brought-up minor leaguer hit. Guess what he did? Thats right strike out.

I really blame the as loss on poor baserunning and some blown calls by the umps, their manager really needs to help the as with their fundamentals.

Hehe BTW I cant wait for Manny to hit a homerun off a Yankee pitcher in the ALCS, take his time running the bases, then get beamed the next time he comes up.

My ALCS prediction: Yanks beat Sox in 5.