PDA

View Full Version : drilling a mag rail..I just gotsta' know.

Konigballer
10-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Basically, I need a couple holes drilled under the front of my mag rail, and through a shorter piece of aluminum rail that I want to screw into my mag rail and attach a sweet custom foregrip too. I dont know anything about drilling, were can u get this stuff done. Would Home Depo or a local gunsmith do it yah think? I dont want to spend the money getting Doc Nickel to do it when all I want is two litlle holes drilled.

redlaser666
10-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I dont think Home depot wil do it, but any gunsmith ot machine shop around town shoud be able to do it. You could do it yourself with a drill press probably.

nato
10-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Yea, the best idea for drilling holes that you want would be best with a drill press. If you can find a new friend with one then it would be very helpful :)

have fun, N.A.T.O.

Konigballer
10-04-2003, 11:34 PM
mmmm..friends with driil presses...damn, why did I have to go to art school! All my friends are graphic designers so their basically useless.

nato
10-05-2003, 02:55 PM
haha, at least they can draw out a nice picture of what you could have done if you infact did own a drill press :)

N.A.T.O.

luke
10-06-2003, 08:36 AM
I've been watching this thread since you posted, and nobody offered to help. So, if you still need it done PM me. We'll work something out.

Konigballer
10-06-2003, 08:39 AM
thanks Luke but I've decided on a design change to the forgrip rail I'm going to attach to the mag rail and am going to have to get it custom made first:( But thanks for your pity:)

luke
10-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Thats cool.

I can do custom work too. ;)

Konigballer
10-06-2003, 05:14 PM
I'll keep you in mind, it should be simple to cut out this little aluminum rail I want. Its basically like a "KAPP Foregrip Extender" except it "extends out further to acomodate a large grip.

Konigballer
10-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Hey luke, this sketch I included is the foregrip extender I need made. I wanted it made in aluminum and, like I said, its basically a lengthend Kapp foregrip extender. I was thinking of using two holes for screws to hold it in place against the mag body rail, one hole drilled in the stock body rail and the other that is already there for foregrips. There may not be room for this so maybe I'll just use the one hole already there in the stock body rail. The custom rail is so I can attach a polished walnut pistol foregrip from a 1927 Thompson sub machinegun. I emailed Doc Nickel about this but he's probably swamped as per usual. Can you make this and how much would it cost? Any help would be apreciated.

luke
10-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Do you want the top part of the extender to be milled concaved? (ie: similar to a standard mag rail)
Or will it be flat?

I'm new at this so I'll have to check into pricing some aluminum....

Konigballer
10-06-2003, 11:04 PM
I just want it cut flat on top. Its going to be flush with the flat top of the tommy grip. I just wanted the whole upper part of the foregrip to be touching, or just about, the bottom of the minimag body. I'm probably going to wait a little on this cause I'm going to buy a Rougue main body rail first. Its got a slot cut in the front so I could use two screws to hold it on after all.

MagOwnerzRule
10-10-2003, 05:10 AM
NiCe drawing lol.. i like the idea good luck