PDA

View Full Version : Alignment problem w/PMI PE screw in...

LudavicoSoldier
10-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Ok, so my new CP ASA wont align correctly with my PMI PE screw in. The way it is now, the gauge in clearly in the way of the drop when fully screwed in. Is there any way I can rotate to bonnet to that the gauge/fill nipple will be pointing down when fully screwed in? Any help appreciated.

Mossman
10-04-2003, 02:51 AM
toss a tank o-ring in the bottom of the ASA before you screw your tank in. That should change the alignment enough to get it out of the way.

It's not a problem with the ASA, there's no standard for where to start or stop the threads, so it's sorta luck of the draw where your guage will end up. See if the ol' o-ring trick will help.

By the way what town do you live in and where do you play?

LudavicoSoldier
10-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Jamaica Plain (Metro Boston). I usually play at Global in Abington since I can get there via the Commuter Rail (dont have a car yet). I havent played in a good long while because I had to sell off all my gear (new Eclipse Cocker/Maxflow) to pay bills when I got laid off. I am in the process of finishing my new mag so I can get back out there, and will probably be playing this winter at the BPS indoor in Somerville.

In regards to the tank, I would do that, but I dont believe the on/off will work correctly if I change how deep the tank screws in. I know the bonnet of this tank can be removed, I just need a strap wrench to do it, then I will be able to see if I can turn it and re-lock it down with the set screws.

Mossman
10-06-2003, 07:43 AM
I'd try the o-ring first, no chance in causing problems going that route. Usually you don't have to screw the on/off ALL the way in for it to work, so maybe with the o-ring if you screw it all the way in it'll just push in the pin valve.

By the way I'm from brookline, used to live in JP. If you ever wanted to play at BPS in the winter lemme know, maybe I can join ya and give you a lift ;)

good luck whichever way you decide to fix your issue.

take it easy, gotta run
-Sam

athomas
10-06-2003, 12:32 PM
You can take the gauge off and switch it with the high pressure burst disk assembly. Just make sure the tank is empty when you do it.

Sparq
10-06-2003, 03:42 PM
I had that problem with an old SP drop, and I think I still have it with my Shocktech (standard duckbill). I ended up getting an SP inline on/off...moves the tank back a little, but that's ok with me.