PDA

View Full Version : Soda Can Mod not screwing into front block of Merlin too well

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-04-2003, 12:02 AM
OK, got some cocker questions for those of you who tech them yourselves.

I have an AKA Merlin body and front block as well as a AKA Soda Can Mod regulator, STO 3-way, and an SMC ram. I screwed them in and at the point where they get tight, they are all facing the wrong direction to be effectively connected (ram hose connections face outward, 3way input and outputs point downward, and the SCM screws in for 4 turns then won't go in any more. What is going on here, and if I back it out a half turn so it faces the right way but wiggles a little, would locktiting do the job or should I be looking at a way to keep it tighter? I tried a different 3way and it fitted and aimed in the right direction, but the STO 3-way still didn't. I don't see it being a case where the threads are off as the body and LPR are both AKA.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

kenndogg
10-04-2003, 08:07 PM
you can use loctite or teflon tape. or you can just get longer pnues hoses.

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the response. I definitely plan on using loctite, my concern was more that is it going to hold the pressure and not strip those three or four circles of the thread if they are all that are holding the SCM to the front block, or is 3 threads enough to not worry about that?