PDA

View Full Version : Does AGD have an armory?

nippinout
10-04-2003, 02:53 AM
Is TK holding real steel here?

I love toys. :)

ah137
10-04-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by nippinout
Is TK holding real steel here?

YES, thats a real M16

~Hills

BlackVCG
10-04-2003, 05:44 AM
It's an XM303, the AGD military project, mounted on an M-16 in similar fashion as the M203 Grenade Launcher would be used. The design intent was to make it so it could be used as an attachment on M-16's and as a stand-alone weapon. There's a picture of just the XM-303 somewhere on the forums...

ah137
10-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Ok check this out,XM303 (http://www.fnmfg.com/lawenf/xm303/xm303.htm)

I have some great pictures of the XM303 just never got around to post them. I will soon!

~Hills

Steelrat
10-04-2003, 11:35 AM
The FN303 was built by AGD? Thats pretty cool.

BlackVCG
10-04-2003, 12:54 PM
AGD was contracted to design it and FN distributes it.

Kaiser Bob
10-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey i think i held that thing... didnt realize it was a real gun haha.

nippinout
10-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Hey i think i held that thing... didnt realize it was a real gun haha.

Did anybody? :eek:

Steelrat
10-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Whoever is holding that gun is violating every cardinal rule of firearm safety. Its making me cringe :eek:

Curly
10-05-2003, 01:01 AM
That would be LoadSM5...

Halliday
10-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
Whoever is holding that gun is violating every cardinal rule of firearm safety. Its making me cringe :eek:

Reminds me of everytime I ref. "Please keep you finger off the trigger while you are in the staging area."

That launcher is awesome!

FalconGuy016
10-05-2003, 08:27 AM
Lets see a SmartParts lawyer try to enter that building :)

vf-xx
10-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Did ya'll see the halway that Tom uses to test that beast? I love the description he gave me as we entered the hallway.

TK: See that door down there?
me: yup
TK: With a normal Marker you can't hit it, even firing hot and arcing it.
Me: Oh?

*We get closer

TK: See those dents?

(or something very similar to that anyway)

SatansGun
10-05-2003, 10:06 AM
i want the mag behide tk in the closet

Doobie
10-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Just an interesting note about this system. I was at the U.S. Army's Infantry conferance last month. I'm walking through the displays and what do I see? The FN display with the XM303 right up front. I kind of laughed to myself because I knew who invented/produced that and the rounds. They had some rounds sitting there, too. A lot of officers were standing around oohhing and aahhing. I just thought it was funny cause little old enlisted me saw that two years ago.
:D

Kaiser Bob
10-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by SatansGun
i want the mag behide tk in the closet

The back of that gun looks like a cocker actually... Thats tom's closet of rare and interesting stuff, mostly stuff you wouldent be able to find nowadays if you tried. ;)

Load SM5
10-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat

Oh for the love of.....I know firearms safety. It was only pointed at Gunga....maybe Jon. No one important anyway.:D

NewMag
10-05-2003, 05:21 PM

The back of that gun looks like a cocker actually... Thats tom's closet of rare and interesting stuff, mostly stuff you wouldent be able to find nowadays if you tried. ;)

naw, it's mag. you can see the fitting on the left of the valve and the telltale velocity adjust on the back of the valve.

Kaiser Bob
10-05-2003, 05:25 PM
didnt really look at it too closely, i just took the thing on the left side for the bolt pin. Ah well...

Eagle
10-05-2003, 09:27 PM
So what exactly is the purpose of this weapon? Maybe I can convince the TM's on my boat to order a few if I can give them a briefing on it.

Steelrat
10-05-2003, 09:39 PM
The FN303 is classified as a "less-lethal" weapon. This puts it in the same category as shotgun-fired beanbags and rubber projectiles. They were originally called "non-lethal" until they figured out that some people were getting killed by them.

There are several rounds fired by the 303, but the primary are marking and impact. The impact round is used to incapacitate targets by striking them with a fairly substantial force, like beanbags. The marking rounds also hurts, and leaves a stain on the target, useful in identifiying people after an incident has occurred.

Its actually a nice depature from shotgun-fired projectiles. One of the biggest drawbacks to using shotgun-fired projectiles is the fear that an actual shotgun round might be accidentally chambered, changing a less-lethal weapon into a completely lethal one. Departments often color-code their less lethal shotguns using orange paint of something, but that is far from foolproof. The 303 is specifically a less-lethal weapon, removing any chance that a lethal round might be chambered.

And no offense intended SM5. Unfortunately, firearms safety is something that should never be ignored, even in jest.

wimag
10-05-2003, 10:00 PM

whatever gun it is the box it is sitting on is for a Spyder. :) really it is.