PDA

View Full Version : So it turns out I AM going to homecoming (but I need help!!)

BobTheCow
10-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Alright, I don't need flames from some of you AO'ers calling me a huge loser, I can establish that fact well enough on my own. :p

Here's the situation:
I was planning on NOT going to my high school's homecoming in a couple weeks, because A) I'm poor and cheap and B) there's a paintball tourney the next day. Well, I wake up this morning and sidewalk-chalked on my driveway (in huge letters) is: "RYAN - HOMECOMING?? *heart*, Laura"
Soo... I'm gonna go.
Now, I'm trying to think of some equally original way to AGREE to going with her. Chalking her house tonight seems kinda... meh... any other (ORIGINAL/NON-STUPID) ideas??

Thanks AO, once again you're a lifesaver!!

personman
10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Make sure it isnt raining tonight then shoot paintballs at her driveway and speell out 'YES *heart* RYAN'
lol

mikey101
10-04-2003, 12:03 PM
you could always fork her lawn saying a special message:)

UltimatePaintballer
10-04-2003, 12:04 PM
no no no, throw eggs at her window. or you can just go over to her house and spend the whole day with her and tell her yes. either that or buy a bunch of chocolates and rearange them to say yes.

i like the paintball idea but it would be hard not to get caught

AllAmericanMag
10-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Burn it into her lawn.

robertjuric
10-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Want to impress her the most? The old fashioned way works the best. Just stop by her house. Shows you got balls. :)

BobTheCow
10-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by robertjuric
Want to impress her the most? The old fashioned way works the best. Just stop by her house. Shows you got balls. :)
mm, lovin' that car/license I don't have...

lol and seriously guys... I'm not gonna fork or paintball or burn her lawn or anything...

UltimatePaintballer
10-04-2003, 12:15 PM
ok, i have an idea. call up one of her friends to call her up to tell her to listen to the radio today(make sure its her favorite station). Then You call up and tell the radio people what you are going to do and then they will hopefully let you go on the air saying, "Laura i would love to go to homecoming with you"

worth a try:D

robertjuric
10-04-2003, 12:16 PM
ohhh ok just figured you were goin that you'd have a car. oh well

Why not call her? thats what Id do, but Im not you. You'll think of something. But she sounds like a keeper :)

robertjuric
10-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
ok, i have an idea. call up one of her friends to call her up to tell her to listen to the radio today(make sure its her favorite station). Then You call up and tell the radio people what you are going to do and then they will hopefully let you go on the air saying, "Laura i would love to go to homecoming with you"

worth a try:D

OHHHHH goood idea!!!

UltimatePaintballer
10-04-2003, 12:19 PM
oo i know it is, i wish i had a girl to do that too:(

but what the hey, i have a tourny the day of our homecomming. also POST PICS IN PIE REV WHEN YOUR HOMECOMMINGS DONE!!

BobTheCow
10-04-2003, 12:22 PM
lol ult why do you guys want me pics of me lookin' like a goon all dressed up??
anyway... I was kinda thinkin' about the radio thing before, not sure if it would work though...

and lol she has a car, but because of this crappy combination of things I'm not getting my license till like the week after homecoming. *sigh*

UltimatePaintballer
10-04-2003, 12:24 PM
or send flowers, if people can still do that.

ZSigErik
10-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Well, not to be the rain on your parade, but you did make yourself out to be a 'loser' right? Could this be some warped practical joke from a few of the 'in-crowd' people?

I mean, I've done a similiar such act to a person in that class. But dont get me wrong, I dont view myself as any better than anyone else, I just think different cliques are different cliques.

OR

She is a good friend and really truely wants to go with you, either way, if she really wanted to go with you, she couldve done it in person, I mean what if she did that to a few driveways and then took her pick of who she wanted to go with?

I dont know this girl, but all these situations seem to be realistic, at least around here...

Splat
10-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by robertjuric

Or better yet... Stop by her house and show her your balls!!!

It worked for me....

ok, well, it didn't.

UltimatePaintballer
10-04-2003, 02:25 PM
lol, i'll try that:D

BobTheCow
10-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ZSigErik
Well, not to be the rain on your parade, but you did make yourself out to be a 'loser' right? Could this be some warped practical joke from a few of the 'in-crowd' people?

I mean, I've done a similiar such act to a person in that class. But dont get me wrong, I dont view myself as any better than anyone else, I just think different cliques are different cliques.

OR

She is a good friend and really truely wants to go with you, either way, if she really wanted to go with you, she couldve done it in person, I mean what if she did that to a few driveways and then took her pick of who she wanted to go with?

I dont know this girl, but all these situations seem to be realistic, at least around here...
No this is legit, cuz a few of my other good friends were in on it too... that's not an issue at all.
Argh, it's 3:45... lol this should be SO SIMPLE!!!!

personman
10-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Send her a letter that says Y
and tommorow send her a letter that says E
and the next day S
heh

Kai
10-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Okay, here's what you do.

Step 1.) Get a pair of brass knuckles special made, that have these words engraved in them: "Yes I will go, darling." (backwards, of course)

Step 2.) Punch her in the face.

Step 3.) After she regains consciousness/gets out of facial reconstructive surgery, hold a mirror in front of her face. (so she can read the message)

You are in like flint, baby.

Kevmaster
10-04-2003, 05:24 PM
i agree: so ya got balls...go talk to her monday

Ov3rmind
10-04-2003, 06:49 PM
E-mail her a link to this thread. That ought to win her over tiger!

FalconGuy016
10-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Kai
Okay, here's what you do.

Step 1.) Get a pair of brass knuckles special made, that have these words engraved in them: "Yes I will go, darling." (backwards, of course)

Step 2.) Punch her in the face.

Step 3.) After she regains consciousness/gets out of facial reconstructive surgery, hold a mirror in front of her face. (so she can read the message)

You are in like flint, baby.

LOL!

Splat
10-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CrazyLad
I would ask this one girl that likes me and like her to the roundup dance but i HATE HATE HATE dances....and dancing

Lemme guess... Your white like me...

White guys can't dance... it's been proven. Do you ever see white guys on Soul Train?? Do white guys even know what Soul Train is??

Bigzamboni
10-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Lucky man. I've been turned down twice. Surprised I even had the balls to ask one. But, this is about you..

Ever thought of sky writing? Expensive, but it works in the movies. :D

BobTheCow
10-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Splat

Lemme guess... Your white like me...
That goes for me, too!!
lol and I'll explain the whole semi-catastprophe of what happened later... or maybe falconguy will... but I'm REALLY tired right now... sooo... yep!

ERut
10-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Hey, your not in jr. high any more! How about you grow a pair and go talk to her!:D

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-05-2003, 09:44 AM
something involving both flowers and candy girls seem to like that, ohh and im whiter than all of you

graycie
10-05-2003, 09:53 AM
good god, you better have given her an answer all ready and if you haven't its probably racking her brain why you haven't.

if you didn't all ready just call her up and say "i got your message , and i'd love to go"

SIGSays
10-05-2003, 10:44 AM
get a cell phone.. ganked your parent's or something. go stand outside her house and then call her and then say" look outside" make sure your holding roses or something... worked for me

*EDIT* cuz of the liscnece/car combo.. get on your bike and start biking

oh wait. was this last night? lol

BobTheCow
10-05-2003, 02:08 PM
lol yeah it was last night... although I really like that cell phone idea!!
And, too bad my bike is sitting in about 6 different pieces in a pile in my carport right now...

Alright anyway, here is what I ended up doing:
I found out from her friend that she was at a marching band competition all day. They took a bus, which meant she drove up to the school to get the bus, which meant her car was sitting up at the school parking lot all by its lonesome. So I had my mom drop me off at a friend's house (gahh I need my license) who I was gonna hang out with anyway that today, who just happens to live near the school. So me and nick and jeff (falconguy) walked over to fresh fields to get some flowers. Then over to Party Depot for balloons, silly string, etc. I already had the pens for window-writing. :D

Well on our way from Party Depot to the school, the weather starts going haywire... dark clouds, gusts of wind, dropping 15 degrees... not cool!! Well we continue on our way, but by the time we get the school it's fairly dark and the wind is pretty steady. The first thing we do is tie the balloons securely to the rearview mirror (yeah, she locked the car... bummer!!). Then I (not-so-) carefully placed the flowers under the windshield wiper as to keep them in place through the pending storm. As I'm writing "LAURA" in huge letters on the windshield, I hear jeff kind of mumble "oh... my... god..." As I turn around, I see my dozen balloons floating away into the distance. :eek: :mad:

So I'm pretty pissed about that... but continue my vandalism and eventually most window space on the van. And now Jeff's getting bored, so he pulls out some of the silly string and starts to, err, "decorate" the van. WOW, what a disaster!!!!!! A combination of old and crappy silly string mixed with constant high winds produced quite an ugly minivan. :rolleyes:

Oh well... I guess she got the message!! :p

SIGSays
10-05-2003, 03:10 PM
that would be funny if you said...

a few minutes later.. we found out that she drove a car.. not a van..

lol

i would laugh if it was the wrong car

UltimatePaintballer
10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
lol that would be great, well just tell her the story at homecomming and i bet she will love it.;)

Kevmaster
10-05-2003, 11:11 PM
yep...she'll dig it...girls LOVE getting attention...any form of it makes them feel good