PDA

View Full Version : That's right... another ? about my emag...

iownamag
10-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Ok guys I've got a question about my new emag. It came with now manual so I am trying to figure out the operation on my own and I am confused. The only ways I have gotten it to fire are with the pin out, the switch thing in e or m position and the farthest back safety thing to the left (directions from looking down the gun as if to shoot). When I have that farthest back safety thing to the right and the pin is out and I have the swith in the e or m position I will hear a much louder noise from the solenoid than when it is pushed left, but the gun will not shoot at all it just makes the noise. Secondly, When I tried to put it in mechanical mode it just didn't work. I know the pin has to be in so I did that. And a tried every combo with the switch and safety thing and nothing! So someone please tell me what is supposed to happen when the safety is to the right, how to get it into mechanical mode, and which exact modes are electric and hybride (I feel a kick in the trigger when I shoot it so I think it's in hybrid, but then whats electric?). The emag as v1.37 software and all stock electronics. Thanks. ~Vinny

Kevmaster
10-04-2003, 02:28 PM
heres a description:

the yellow pin (goes into the battery pack) is your on-off switch. With the pin in, the electronics are OFF. With it out, they are LIVE

the saftey. When you see the red, the saftey is OFF and it will fire. When no red is showing, it is ON and the marker will not fire, whether in Electric, Manual or Hybrid

The Three modes:

Electric: pin OUT, selector switch DOWN (towards E). This is pure electro. Everytime you pull the trigger the hall sensor (similar to micro switch) activates the board and it fires the marker via the solenoid

Manual: pin IN, s-switch FORWARD (Towards M). This is pure RT. No electroics will work in this. The trigger will have to push the trigger pin in just as if it were an RT automag with a double trigger. It will be a ~3lbs trigger pull

Hybrid: Pin OUT, s-switch FORWARD (Towards M). This is the cream of the crop. Whammo! You have an electric trigger pull ( < 1/8" ) and get the RT kickback when you pull the trigger. This is amazing.

hope that does it for ya, ask again if i left something out/misread the Q or have another Q

iownamag
10-05-2003, 06:19 PM
That sounds right, but then why is it that with my gun it will only fire with the safety to the left, where you can see the red and with the switch down to "e" mode the trigger is being pushed out by the sear as what I think it would do in hybrid mode. I think it is just me about the e and hybrid mode thing, but I don't get why it shoots with the safety on and not with it off and when it is not gassed up the solenoid makes more noise when I shoot it with the safety off. Or I think I may be saying this backwards... when you can see the red, it shoots gassed up but makes a tiny tiny little noise in the solenoid, and when you can't see the red it makes a loud noise with the solenoid, but noting happens when it's gassed up. hmmmm:confused:

Jonesie
10-06-2003, 02:01 PM
OK, if the safety is sticking out on the left side (as you look at the gun to fire) and you see red, then the safety is OFF and should fire in any mode. If the safety is sticking out on the right, then the gun will not fire in any mode. With the safety, when you see red, it's off meaning it will fire. Just remember "Red, You're Dead"

You hear a louder click from the solenoid when the safety is on because that's the sound of the sear whacking the safety.

Hope This Helps ~ Dave

iownamag
10-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Ok that did help, I took a look at it today and fooled around with some extra air I had and got it to work in all the modes. I just didn't know anything about emags at first because I got it in trade and it came with no manuals or anything. Thanks for all the help guys. :)