PDA

View Full Version : I'm on top of the world!!!

Kevmaster
10-04-2003, 02:19 PM
I got invited thursday to be a manager for the Duke University Varsity Men's Basketball team!!! I'm one of three added this year and am ready to rock! I already had practice twice with them, and it was great. Im soooooo pumped that im working with Duke hoops!!

UltimatePaintballer
10-04-2003, 02:28 PM
man you are so lucky, but i would rather do something for football. what will you be doing for them

Kevmaster
10-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Duke's football program, although i love it to death, isnt...uh...the best team in the nation...whereas basketball is. prolly 2-3 guys on the team now who will play in the NBA...not to mention the greatest coach in college basketball is my boss

frosh year, i'll be videoing, editing video, laundrying, wiping sweat off the court, etc

1stdeadeye
10-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Bah! It's just Duke. :rolleyes:

No if yo were working for Gary Williams and the Terps, then I'd be impressed!;)

Congratulations anyways!

Kevmaster
10-04-2003, 06:57 PM
we'll see who does better this year....

but yeh, the Terps are gunna be good...thats fo sho

EsPo
10-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
frosh year, i'll be videoing, editing video, laundrying, wiping sweat off the court, etc

Oh.. basketball beytch ;)

Just kiddin man, congrats and good luck.

1stdeadeye
10-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
we'll see who does better this year....

but yeh, the Terps are gunna be good...thats fo sho

Terps/Blue Devils is always a fun game to watch!:D

Hamster Huey
10-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Holy freaking crap Kevmaster, you're just about one of the luckiest damn college freshmen I know.

A word of advice, though - make sure you get a good suit. Half of the managers last year had suits that they clearly outgrew in eighth grade or were planning on growing into in 2-3 years. Granted, next to Coach K and Johnny Dawkins you're going to look a little scruffy, but at least make sure your suit fits right. But fashion tips aside, keep a close eye on Daniel Ewing and J.J. Redick. They're going to be monsters this year.

Go Duke!

Kevmaster
10-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Huey...how come I never knew baout you? how long you been here...I didnt know there was another Durhamite here at AO!

Yeh, its gunna be fun. Im going shopping next weekend to get a suit or two

Curly
10-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Thats awesome dude, a buddy of mine is a freshman at duke this year, i think he likes it a lot.