PDA

View Full Version : x-valve Question

Annihilator44
10-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey,

I have a question. I was playing paintball with some friends today and one of my friends has a x-valve...the x-valve wasnt working right so he screwd his tank in tighter ...this made it go crazy it was so reactive he was shooting 17+bps (usually was a lot lower) w/ it he had to borrow a halo from one of our friends....anyways my question is, is this high of reactivness tourny legal? If not about high can the "reactiveness" go in tournies? thx

NJPaint
10-04-2003, 04:43 PM
funny, I had this question as well today... It was raining so I was sitting in the garage with my ULE RT mag and A5 RT. When I jacked up the input PSI (to ~875) and then screwed it in tight, it was far more reactive than the A5, which is illegal in tourneys.

Tunaman
10-04-2003, 04:44 PM
screwing the tank in tighter should have zero effect on the reactivness of the marker. If the output somehow changed when he screws it on tighter, I suspect a bad regulator on the tank and he should have someone look at it immediately.

Annihilator44
10-04-2003, 04:47 PM
ya umm...its better being super reactive so i doubt anything is wrong...but u didnt answer my question is illegal?

Lohman446
10-04-2003, 07:11 PM
The rule is one pull one shot - even on a slow pull... if the trigger is kicking back and you are repulling it is technically legal, but good luck getting by a chrono judge

Annihilator44
10-04-2003, 07:16 PM
ya i read it was legal to a certain extent...you probably just cant sweet spot it right?

Lohman446
10-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Theres some real grayness here - as for the most part sweetspotting is not allowed, off note it is DEFINETELY NOT GOOD FOR THE GUN and has been known to cause problems with the bolt.

Heres the thing, if the trigger pushes back forward and you have to pull it back at all to refire it then it is legal (technically as I understand it) - however this forward push has to be noticeable to get by a chrono judge. If the judge can pull the trigger back (with no forward movement) to the back of its stroke, and then move it forward (this time with no backward movement) and get more than one shot from the gun than it is not tournament legal. There is a time frame to the movement of the trigger, but it is a relatively long time to pull the trigger.

I have never played with chrono judges that picky at local tournaments, but I have heard horror stories. Factually almost any gun can be made to fail the test if not done exactly right, but mags have acknowledged the issue and seem to be a target for it. Some Angel triggers, unshimmed, can be tapped on the side and forced to fire, also not quite legal. I am sure there are others that do this, but I have seen it on Angels.

Annihilator44
10-04-2003, 07:28 PM
thx for your input...at least he can still use it playign rec ball that is always fun :D