PDA

View Full Version : Finally, my ULT review gets published.

Meph
10-04-2003, 08:14 PM
I sent it in a while ago, but of course with magazines it takes a couple months. To get through all previously submitted articles and what not. But worth it. Especially with who I write for, since they're basically new I get these in and up and printed in usually a couple months rather than next year.

But in Issue #3 of Paintball Nation Magazine, I think you guys here at AO will like it. ULT review. Page 26 through 28. So I've been told.

I really wanted to post the review here a month (or however long it was) ago. But was asked not to until this was officially out and printed. Which it will be, issue #3 is for sale this Monday.

I'm not quite sure actually on how to get individual issues besides through who distributes them. Maybe call or e-mail them, not sure. I'd try calling them. Dang, ain't I the salesman? "Yeah, it's for sale Monday! But.... I have no clue how you can get it!"

Can't wait to see it myself actually. Last two they did great photoshopping work to give a great background for my "Twin Towers" and "Quest for the Holy Grail" articles. I should've asked them to shop in a Garden Gnome orniment.

Xyxyll
10-04-2003, 09:23 PM
That reminds me... I need to subscribe to a handful of magazines for my bday. I've been deprived of my APGs for 5 months now and I'm experiencing withdrawl.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Xyxyll
That reminds me... I need to subscribe to a handful of magazines for my bday. I've been deprived of my APGs for 5 months now and I'm experiencing withdrawl.

Then get a subscription to PGI...you'll realize why a magazine with articles and not ads is a good thing...

FalconGuy016
10-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

Then get a subscription to PGI...you'll realize why a magazine with articles and not ads is a good thing...

Or PB2x
Its great to hear you got a review in a magazine though :)

DiRTyBuNNy
10-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Yeah...i guess I can't complain..I have subscripts to PGI, PB2X and P8nt...I've got both issues of PBN and I think Splat is utter garbage...but it's on the shelves at WalMart now so I can't complain..

Meph
10-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Well if you're new to paintball and really need advice on.... everything. Then APG is actually a very good magazine. Along with all the advertisements that helps out the noobs too, shows them what's out there!

But for everybody else, yeah there's a better selection.

FalconGuy016
10-05-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Meph
Well if you're new to paintball and really need advice on.... everything. Then APG is actually a very good magazine. Along with all the advertisements that helps out the noobs too, shows them what's out there!

But for everybody else, yeah there's a better selection.

I agree with ads helping... and fueling my desire for paintball. It was the first magazine I had before I knew much about it and I LOVED that thing

DiRTyBuNNy
10-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Yeah..well...lucky you guys had all of these magazines...when I got into pb there was AGP and Jerry Braun's Paintball Sports International...I do remember when PB2X started...it was horrible...but it was something...

Meph
10-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Come now, I couldn't be the only person to enjoy having a magazine the size of a newspaper! Those things were huge.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Meph
Come now, I couldn't be the only person to enjoy having a magazine the size of a newspaper! Those things were huge.

Yeah...they were huge..but you have to admit..it was bad...it was more hip than APG...but it was still bad...

Meph
10-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Sure the content sucked, but that was one of my first magazines! So I'm forced to like it since that helped get me into paintball more seriously. Along with when I used to watch ESPN tournament paintball at 3am back in 1994!

DiRTyBuNNy
10-05-2003, 08:04 PM
those were the days, Meph...those were the days..

Caffiend
10-06-2003, 01:39 AM
Congratulations man, I'll have to go search for the magizine now.

Meph
10-06-2003, 12:14 PM
You can find out some more information HERE (http://www.pbnationmagazine.com/).

doc_Zox
10-06-2003, 04:59 PM
what is funny about some of the paintball magazines is publisher behind the pages.

National Paintball Supply is the $ behind PB2X

i'm not expecting any hard hitting investigation into Smart Parts from them.

I kinda think Spyder is comped a ton of ad pages every month too.

Oh well, at least theres a couple o pix of Tom at Splatt II on page 107 & 108