PDA

View Full Version : describe emag trigger?

-=Squid=-
10-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Ya, I make threads like this a lot..."Im thinking of trading for so and so gun, please describe it." Then I usually dont do it...but ive been looking at trading my angel for an emag for quite some time now, and wondered if somebody could tell me what the boards are capped at, with all different versions, and describe the way the trigger feels, or compare it to something else...Thanks for any help.

Steelrat
10-04-2003, 08:31 PM
The trigger feels roughly like an eblade trigger. Strong resistance at first, then light resistance. Almost the opposite of conventional spring triggers, which are light at first, then get progressively harder. Except the eblade trigger feels a little less sloppy, some shims may fix that.

Last I checked, the boards were capped at 16 bps, dont know about the most current software. I will say that you should try the trigger before you buy it, as it is not the easiest trigger to get used to. Some people can absolutely rip on it, some others (like me) cant get the hang of it, no matter how much they try. It very adjustable, so it may be a matter of just finding the perfect setting.

Also, some markers you can just pull out of the box and go to town (Viking, trix, timmy). The emag is not one of them. But none of them have a hybrid mode, which some people actually prefer to straight E mode.

Big_Chops
10-04-2003, 09:16 PM
hmm in know that the new software is capped above 20 bps,its like version 3. somthing. i got my emag trigger almost to where u can blow on it. and yes there r kinda sloppy from side to side. i would never sell my emag for ANY reason. it's kinda like drugs for me i am so addicted to it

athomas
10-04-2003, 10:51 PM
I got rid of the tiny bit of side to side movement in mine using shims. It is very smooth. I keep mine really short and light. You almost can't feel it move.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of a blade trigger option. I'm sure that one will be fixed soon, as I see many are discussing it and coming up with some pretty good design options.

rdb123
10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by athomas
I got rid of the tiny bit of side to side movement in mine using shims. It is very smooth. I keep mine really short and light. You almost can't feel it move.

What size shims??? I asked Extreme Rage if they could put some in and the tech told me he doesn't think there would be enough space to put in shims.

Thanks!

athomas
10-06-2003, 11:23 AM
I just used thin shim stock and punched my own holes. I don't know the thickness. Its not very thick.

rdb123
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
A shim from a Level10 Kit?

FutureMagOwner
10-06-2003, 12:29 PM
yeah the trigger is very different the trigger itself feels very different then ones i have used on other guns. there is absolutely no form of manual click or anything to it when you set it pretty much as light as possible.

-=Squid=-
10-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! Looks like im trding my LCD with NO freak for a brand new emag with emax, lvl 10, ULE, 150 bucks, warp body, and a warpfeed! Good lord! Hella deal!

Steelrat
10-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Holy crap! Thats a GREAT deal. Enjoy the marker man!

bsolomon
10-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Courtesy of BlackVCG from the tech forum. The shim dimensions and company are listed:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83104&highlight=MSCDirect.com

athomas
10-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
A shim from a Level10 Kit?

No, you can buy thin metal shim stock that is used to tighten tolerances in motors and other devices. Shims are also available as thin washers as well if you can find a place to buy them.

rdb123
10-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys.