PDA

View Full Version : need an honest nonbiased opinion (BKO)

fancynapkin
10-05-2003, 08:50 PM
alright, Ive worn it down to these 2 guns, BKO v.s. Automag
I need reliablity, concistancy, efficency, and accuracy. and some ROF to. I dont want to spend a sack of money either. I love the way the automag looks, and it is small :cool: and really reliable.

but BKO is a straight up better deal in terms of features. I could get a used automag....

FalconGuy016
10-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by fancynapkin
I could get a used automag....

It would almost be dumb not to if you are on a budjet. There are some bad things to look for, they are VERY easily spotable and in general you wont find them (because there are few non AGD upgrades that do anything). A used mag gets you all the performance at a very cut cost, and the higher amount of money you put in the return increases practically exponientially :).

What is your general price range? That is a large consideration between these two guns, and if you plan on future upgrades.

Welcome to AO :)

Fatjon
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Ok ive owned both

A BKO with a nice barrel and a gladiator reg
And a automag with intelliframe and lvl 10

I owned the mag first and then sold it and got a bko. A month later i went back to a mag. But the bko is a nice gun. A new reg is almost a must. I have heard rumors that they fixed the stock regs problems. The bko is very fast and has mad trigger bounce. The mag will not be as fast no where near as fast with out the retro valve.

About sizes. The mag is very short. Its not tall or long. The bko is to tall for my liking.

Any more questions hit me on aim at Fatjon44

xadamx
10-05-2003, 11:09 PM
if youre looking for a BKO head here-->BKO package (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3630528938&category=47248&rd=1)

camilion705
10-06-2003, 12:51 AM
The biggest questions are:

How much money do you want to spend?

What feels better to you?

In my opinion, an upgraded ule mag is way cooler than any BKO... But, it's gonna cost ya. But you probably already know that. I'll just tell you about the BKO...

The BKO, stock, is a very good marker. It is relatively consistent (which means better accuracy)it fires extremely fast, and it costs less than $260...

The BKO is not exactly user friendly in the regulator department... It will take you a while to break in the regs and get used to adjusting them properly. This is really the only downside to this marker.

For upgrades there is a lot available.

The BKO can be upgraded with the SP mod from shootpaint.com for $55 which acts like the LvL 10. You will not chop balls which is quite nice. You can also get a BKO from ICD directly and have them install their Paint Detection System. Kinda like the ACE system on x-mags or eyes on timmys.

You will also want to upgrade the stock regulator to something better like a CP reg or sidewinder. This will greatly inhance the consistency of the marker.

Vaporworks.net will "Vaporize" your BKO with differently priced upgrade packages. You can find out about that on their website.

AKA offers some upgrades on their website too like the Tornado valve and the Mighty Max.

You can get whatever barrel you want but, the stock barrel is just fine. I get the same accuracy with my stock as with my CP Pro. (Both with good paint/bore match)

The BKO is light and tall. The Automag is medium light and very short.

BKO has electric trigger. Automag is mechanical.

BKO is pretty quite. Automag can in some cases be quite loud.

It's all in the feel and how much cash you have. I like the BKO and the Automag equally as much. They are both good markers and will not dissapoint you.

For more info on the BKO go to icd-owners.com

or the old website at:

http://bkogroup.hyperboards2.com/index.cgi

dinger
10-06-2003, 12:56 AM
get an asa, and a bko out of the box is actually really nice [mine was]

mags are the number one shizzle, but if you want that nice ROF you're gonna have to upgrade the magizzle.

meaning, get the bko :o

i know lots about bkos, and getting one would cost less to be a package of whoopin than it would to make a mag a package of whooping :\

edit: yea, thats my bko in my sig ;)

Echez09
10-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Im looking to buy a new 03 BKO and I want to make sure that it is an 03, so what websites would definately have the 03's? I looked around already but the sites always have the picture of the 02 BKO and say its the 03. Dinger- where did you get your BKO and how much??

Thanks-
Erik

Hoplon
10-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Any of the more popular sites shouldn't have 2k2s left..

I know shootpaint has the 2k3s. He posts which ones he has in stock on pbnation.

fancynapkin
10-06-2003, 04:20 PM
wow thanks.

jeez, its a tuffy. oh and a palmer blazer might be a possiblilty too.

oh and dont worry, my third gun will be an x-mag :cool:

dinger
10-06-2003, 04:25 PM
www.firstcallpaintball.com for 255$ :cool:

paintballbeaver
10-06-2003, 04:39 PM
OK

heres what you need to know

mag-
great gun will never fail you dont need to know much to maintain them couple drops of oil and an rebuild once a year and there good to go.. make sure to look for the lvl ten and get the spacers and springs w/ it

Bko
great gun fast shooting alot to adjust and replace right off the bat though.
things that are almost a must
1. new reg (hpr)
2. asa adapter
3. sp mod / or jam bolt when it comes out

the bko are nice but there is one problem they will chop paint unless you get an anti chop mod.

there a nice fast gun but they have there quirks and problems i myself would choose the automag eaiser gun to care for shoot and it wont chop w/ the lvl ten bolt ;) thats my take

fancynapkin
10-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by dinger
www.firstcallpaintball.com for 255$ :cool:

link definently didn't work

Pony Boy314
10-06-2003, 06:33 PM
well ive owned both,
I went from a bko to a mag and think i'd rather have the mag. If ur like me and you dont like messin with ur gun then the better out of the 2 is the mag. The first thing u have to on a bko is adjust the regulators and that served as a big problem. The diff. models have diff regs and i bought directly from ICD and i think i may have gotton an older model. anyway the gun broke and i returned it and got a new mag and have happy since.