PDA

View Full Version : fodun somethign in p8t bout sp

FreakBaller12
10-06-2003, 03:01 PM
i read this today durign class and it remidned me of smart parts situation
and i quote out of the mag:
"Paintball, and this is something I still think to this day, is big enough people to make a living off it, but not yet big enough for monopolies to come in and take over the industry"

This was an interview with p8nt and the twisted paintball products owner Robert Scott, he is the oen that said the above

what do you all think of it

FalconGuy016
10-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Its true.

FreakBaller12
10-06-2003, 03:06 PM
then why is everybody worried abotu smart parts
i jsut thought of this:
if smart parst does try to become a monopoly they are self distructign in the future, is SP dumb or is it jsut me

TSalPaintball
10-06-2003, 03:10 PM
If they do then people will relise it, and then we can really start a boycott, and we have a reson to do it!

graycie
10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
is it just me or has toyotaboy's typing all ways been this atrocious?

TSalPaintball
10-06-2003, 03:59 PM
By atrocious, I am guessing you mean inacurate, lol, yes this seems true.

shartley
10-06-2003, 04:10 PM
The statement is true in my opinion.

I also think folks are confusing what SP is doing and what a real monopoly is…. there is a difference.

Oh... And yes, his posts are atrocious. ;);)

ashriel28
10-06-2003, 04:27 PM
I don't think we'll see a monopoly in paintball, but i don't think the size of the industry has anything to do with it. In fact, the bigger the industry gets, i think the harder it would be to create the monopoly.

First, paintball has a bunch of money making avenues: guns, paint, tanks, clothes, hoppers. And there's too much diversity in products for one company to come in and take over all of these avenues.

Even taking over one portion would be hard. Viewloader (BE) comes close in hoppers, up until a couple years ago, you only saw revys as motorized hoppers, but now there are eggs, halos, etc...

Maybe if someone came out with a revolutionary product, they could become king of a market, but it seems like paintball is all personal preference, so it would have to be truly amazing.

adam shannon
10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by graycie
is it just me or has toyotaboy's typing all ways been this atrocious?

i think he needs to go get checked out, my dad had a stroke and talks like that now.

FreakBaller12
10-06-2003, 05:11 PM
yes my typing has always been bad, i get lazy to correct it:p

if you feel like it find my first thread, it was baaaaad
i think the title is: information about autocockers or something to that extent

ashriel28 your absoulutely right now that i think of it... but takign over the marker section is about 1/3 if not more of the industry