PDA

View Full Version : what has the world come to?

FreakBaller12
10-06-2003, 03:17 PM
well today in gym class i have it first block i went to put my necklace in my locker and my watch to, so gym ends we r goign to get dressed i am rushed to get chanegd for next class and i forget it in my locker, not more than 10 minutes into secodn block i remember i forgot ym necklace and watch, i go runnign back to the locker room and look where my locker is and it's not there, i ask the 2 closest kids to my lcoker and they say no, i saw the 1 kid give a secodn glance to the other and i knew they kenw somebody had it, i would have flipepd and staretd yellign at them but they were juniors and i am a freshman i tell the gym teacher and he says he'll report it..there's 200 dolllars down the drain and i can't do much about it, they didn't have the descentsy(sp) to tell me and i knew they knew something
doen venting:( :mad:

FalconGuy016
10-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Im a junior. There really isnt any difference, a pissed off freshmen or a pissed off junior is still a pissed off person. You have to fight back at something like that. Dont make yourself vulnerable by not

Sorry you had to lose your stuff though :( getting things stolen is one of the worst feelings

shartley
10-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Coming to?

No offense, but this is the way it has been from the dawn of time. When I was in school it was the same. When I went into the service, it was the same. Even when I was a Cop it was the same… yes, I had something stolen BY another Cop. I inadvertently left my spare set of handcuffs in the patrol vehicle… they ended up “disappearing”.

I am sorry you had something stolen, but hopefully you learned something from it…. besides that it just down right sucks. :mad:

e mag
10-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah, it's the way things have always been. All you can do now is learn to not forget things next time. Even if you do find out who has your stuff, it's your word against their's so the only way you will get it back is if there is proof or you just steal it back.

Konigballer
10-06-2003, 05:49 PM
I had my CD case stolen out of my bag a year ago at my college gym. I kept my bag right out by the dumbel rack like a bunch of other people do. I had done it for a couple years and I walk over to get a drink of water maybe twenty five feet away and when I come back its gone. No one was around and I was ready to kill everyone. I was talking to the guy working there and we decided it was best I didnt catch the kid who took it cause I tend to go blank when I go into a rage:) He told me he had over $200 stolen out of the registers at the front desk when he left to get some towels out of the dryer, people suck. I understand why you couldnt do anything to those two guys who took your neckalace. I was tiny freshmen year and to me the juniors looked like giants, I never would have challenged one with anything less than a bat in my hands:)

-Carnifex-
10-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
well today in gym class i have it first block i went to put my necklace in my locker and my watch to, so gym ends we r goign to get dressed i am rushed to get chanegd for next class and i forget it in my locker, not more than 10 minutes into secodn block i remember i forgot ym necklace and watch, i go runnign back to the locker room and look where my locker is and it's not there, i ask the 2 closest kids to my lcoker and they say no, i saw the 1 kid give a secodn glance to the other and i knew they kenw somebody had it, i would have flipepd and staretd yellign at them but they were juniors and i am a freshman i tell the gym teacher and he says he'll report it..there's 200 dolllars down the drain and i can't do much about it, they didn't have the descentsy(sp) to tell me and i knew they knew something
doen venting:( :mad:

Yeah, I hear ya buddy. I hate people who can't write too.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Ya kids can be aholes sometimes. I left my watch in my locker, and was surprised that it wasnt stolen, and that was only for about 10 mins. Kinda sad how i think that way.
Well, good luck getting your stuff back, and believe me pissed off kids are scary so next time stand up for yourself. Seniority only means so much.

Brak
10-06-2003, 07:12 PM
wear hemp! lost your HEMP necklace? no problem, make yourself a new one!

....advice from a hippie

InfinatyBPS
10-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Brak
wear hemp! lost your HEMP necklace? no problem, make yourself a new one!

....advice from a hippie

And if you are having a really bad day you can smoke it at a later time :eek: :D ;)

Brak
10-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS

And if you are having a really bad day you can smoke it at a later time :eek: :D ;)

INCORRECT! smoking hemp wont do anything at all except make you sick, im ashamed that such drug inuendo has come out of my wonderful suggestion

GhillieGuy
10-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by e mag
Yeah, it's the way things have always been. All you can do now is learn to not forget things next time. Even if you do find out who has your stuff, it's your word against their's so the only way you will get it back is if there is proof or you just steal it back.

Or beat the living snot outa him, i remember when i was a freshman there was a group of sophmores who always did stuff to my P.E. locker. One day they pissed in it, yes they pissed in it, all over my football equipment and everything. I went up to him, slammed his head against the locker as hard as i could and threw him to the ground and beat the crap outa him, outa all of them one by one(had some senior football players back me up:) ). I was only suspended for three days. But to me it was worth it. Sometimes violense is the only answer.

Nick O time
10-06-2003, 11:06 PM
i am a freshman and on the first day some stupid upper class men were throwing ice cubes at me and my friends so i just picked one up and hit one of them in the head with it. everyone was like they are gonna kick your arse but they havent messed with me since.

xrancid_milkx
10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Being a Senior, I can safley say I get extremely agitated when a under classmen (Junior, sophmore) punks, insults, or damages freshmans stuff. Reason why is because I was seriously punked when I was a Freshman.

But what did I do? I beefed up, worked out. Started lifting more weight than some Senior Football members by the end of my Sophmore year. Now I'm one of those guys who back the little guys up. Although I have never actually "beaten the crap" out of someone, I have gotten pretty close, with them always backing down, especially the ones who see me get angry during paintball (I get alittle over the edge, apparently I have "anger problems" :rolleyes:)

What do I recommend? Are you sure those two guys who dress next to you had something to do with it? If so, since it seems you wouldn't be able to intemidate them to give it back, seriously consider reporting it to your administration. As "uncool" as that is, it might get your stuff back.

One thing to consider, have you done anything to cause this theft? In my 1st period weights class, there is this one Freshman who I can't stand. He is extremely annoying, and is the type who tries to be funny, but instead just aggervates the hell out of you. He really gets punked on for this, and in this small exception I don't help out, and even contribute to it. Make sure your not doing anything like that, or else you got a long year ahead of you.

And Shartley is right, unfortunalty this is how society works. The upper guy always takes advantage of the lower guy. Not much you can do about it unless you catch em in the act.

InfinatyBPS
10-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Brak

INCORRECT! smoking hemp wont do anything at all except make you sick, im ashamed that such drug inuendo has come out of my wonderful suggestion

Yes, if you know me, you should know that I would know something like this:D I was jk. Anyways, yes, industrial hemp=not good for smoking, just get the real stuff for that ;)

Yamz
10-07-2003, 06:57 AM
people steal... yes its true best thing to do is calm down as much as you can and look at what options you have. It may be that all you can do is bite the bullet and make yourself a hard target but trust me fighting is not the best option.

I have had a lot stolen from me durring my time on active duty or as some of the marines(who seem steal more than the sailors or seabees I work with) say no one steals its just one guy trying to find all his lost stuff. If nothing else think of that and try to laugh.

jdev
10-07-2003, 07:08 AM
I hate to do this.. but..

Main Entry: lock·er
Pronunciation: 'lä-k&r
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a : a drawer, cupboard, or compartment that may be closed with a lock; especially : one for individual storage use

dont you bring a lock with you to gym? at my high school, people got stuff taken all the time. when i went to gym, I always had my own lock to lock whatever locker it was that I was using. generally, I use the same locker repeatedly.

granted, it sucks that your stuff got taken from your locker, all i can say is next time, be careful. and, make friends with the biggest kid in school, then revisit the 2 gentlemen later on in the year.. :D

-Carnifex-
10-07-2003, 08:11 AM
You know what's worth than theives? Underclassmen who are suprized when their stuff gets taken.

FreakBaller12
10-07-2003, 03:16 PM
ok it was the next blcok, and my gay school doesn't have enoguh lockers to keep your stuff in, only durign the middle of class, so yea

GhillieGuy
10-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx

But what did I do? I beefed up, worked out. Started lifting more weight than some Senior Football members by the end of my Sophmore year. Now I'm one of those guys who back the little guys up.

First off lemme say these are the kinds of guys that i respect the most, the kind that look out for others that may not be "cool". I dont think that it is uncool at all to tell an administrator about this, i mean who cares if it makes you a wuss (although i would never do this):) , at least you get your stuff back..maybee