PDA

View Full Version : Autococker Hinge Safety Not Coming Out

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Hi everybody, I have a new 2nd Generation Hinge Trigger and I have managed to take all the other parts out besides the trigger, which is actually unhooked, but held in by the safety which I have NO idea how to remove. I took the ball out, all that seems to be in is the trigger, safety, and that's it. Is there a trick on how to take the 2nd gen safety's out? I tried unscrewing it but with the slick sides it won't work and I can't think of any other tricks. Your help is appreciated.

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-06-2003, 11:20 PM
OK, got it out, read somewhere on an Autococker forum to push like hell, I didn't want to do that before in case it would break something. So it's out. The fun later on: getting the damn thing back together after anno. :D

OfficerGoat
10-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Wooden dowel and Rubber mallet. Pops right out... just gotta be carefull about that ball and spring.

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Um..... good point about the spring. Even though I knew it could happen POP and I have no idea where it went. Did I mention I was on carpet when it happened? DOH!

Anyways, I am getting a Cam Adjuster anyways so any idea if I even need them if I am getting a Cam?

OfficerGoat
10-07-2003, 04:22 AM
The cam I bought had a new spring and ball included with it.. but I am not sure that they all do. Its tricky to get that thing back in there without loosing the ball and spring.... although you can cheat and put the cam in and put the ball down the hole and the spring on top so the body holds it together. You may need to trim the spring to fit though. <shrug>