PDA

View Full Version : Would you pull the trigger? An ethics poll

Tyger
10-07-2003, 03:36 AM
Ok, here's the situation. I'm asking this here to kinda get a 'feel'. Plus, it's been bugging me. True story from this weekend.

The field has a "Rambo Rule", if you can touch another player, that person is out. The chrony speed is 285 MAX.

You're playing in a house-to-house style field. You found yourself in a hut that has one door, and several small windows to shoot out of. The windows are, on average, 3-6 inches tall and wide. At this point in the game, you have not been spotted by the opponents.

The other team is surrounding your position, and one oppsing player uses your building as cover from your teammates. The opponent is opposite the only door. He presses his body into the bulding. By doing this, he has pressed his "Junk" into the small 3 inch tall by 6 inch wide hole you had been shooting through. The muzzle of your paintgun is not only touching, but pressing into by almost an inch, the opponent's crotch.

Do you take the shot? Do you tell the player he's been "Ramboed"? I'm curious to what you all think.

-Tyger

kosmo
10-07-2003, 03:52 AM
If they have a rambo rule, then he is already out and there is no need to fire. Unless he tries some funny business anyway, then by all means, ensure his stupidity doesnt corrupt the gene pool. Besides, its always good to try and get a free beer.

But if you save his nads and he gives no beer, open your car door into his crotch, or drop a case of paint or something.

OfficerGoat
10-07-2003, 05:25 AM
Hmmmm... I would sneak to the other side of the bldg so to move out of rambo range and then put two or three into him..... Im a fatherless son however ;)

Personaly I have been known to go specificaly for the *** if I blindside bunker someone. Makes me giggle for the rest of the day knowing that your the reason that the poor bugger has to sit funny.

Seriously though it all depends on weather you thought you could get him out w/o hurting him... if you could then do so.. if not.. well then not.

Personaly when I am rec-balling and I bunker someone I give them a quick shot at surendering. If they dont take it, I shoot. If they start to bring their barrel around I shoot. No reason to smoke some poor kid and have him hate the sport unnecicarily.

OfficerGoat
10-07-2003, 05:33 AM
BTW Tyger... you should really avoid putting your "Junk" up against exposed windows, you are just asking to get nailed.

jdev
10-07-2003, 05:46 AM
yea, by definition of rambo rule, he is definitely out. if you say that to the player, and he tries something funny.. go for the gusto. by the time the player moves, you should be able to angle your marker to hit him in the thighs or other part of the leg.. going for the junk is a judgement call.

shartley
10-07-2003, 05:50 AM
I agree… by the rules, he is already out. I would not shoot him in the “junk” (I really hate that term.. but I guess some folks put a low value on their “jewels” ;) ). To me, the sport is not about purposely causing unnecessary pain. And in my opinion if you DO try to cause unnecessary pain, it is no longer just part of the game, but assault.

Clare
10-07-2003, 05:51 AM
I'd let him know that he was out. Besides, I don't like to see guys cry. :p

Albinonewt
10-07-2003, 05:54 AM
I didn't even read the poll or any of your explanation.

I always pull the trigger. And then repeat the Mantra "Officer, I felt my life was in danger" :)

dansim
10-07-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Albinonewt

I always pull the trigger. And then repeat the Mantra "Officer, I felt my life was in danger" :)

agreed

OfficerGoat
10-07-2003, 06:10 AM
I didn't even read the poll or any of your explanation.

ITS HEADING RIGHT FOR US!!!!!

MantisMag
10-07-2003, 08:41 AM
albinoo & officergoat - lmao!

if you're pressing into him and you still have to tell him he's been ramboed something is wrong. maybe he likes it. :o

deathstalker
10-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Not to get technical with the rules, but I thought Sam's "Rambo" rule states you have to touch him with your hand, not the gun. Maybe you should start a new poll: "Should I have groped another player to get him out?" ;)

When I got rambo'd last year, I was stabbed in the shoulder with the guy's barrel and the refs told me to keep playing (three of them were within 20 feet of me and they all said the same thing). They said they don't want to risk anyone getting injured and using the barrel of your gun to tag someone can hurt because people jab with it. It also increases the chance that the person doing the rambo'ing accidentally pulls the trigger with his barrel against someone's body. Harry told us that this occurred over the weekend and the guy had the ugliest welt he's ever seen.

Wc Keep
10-07-2003, 09:07 AM
i was reffing a couple of weeks ago and i took one right to the "junk" actually it was to my left little buddy. and i must say it is the most unimaginable pain you can ever experience. i would put it up there with giving birth. the shot was taken from about 15 feet away and all the players chronoed in at 290ish.

i would definately not pull the trigger unless when i went to "rambo" the guy he turned on me.i would also pull the trigger if it were someone i didnt like. like joey d.

p.s. jk susan.

Heebs
10-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Your field's Rambo Rule is just about as useless as surrendering someone within 10 ft. Just shoot the guy since he would do the same to you if he was in your shoes. You gotta be pretty dumb to press your junk up against an opening and have a guy jam his barrel into it. Sides if the guy is so worried he should of screamed out as fast as humanly possible. Id give him about 2 secs before I fired.

Heebs

wobbles82
10-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Well, at least we know you didnt go ahead and touch him, that coulda started a whole new thread. ;)

Anyways, I think you should have pulled the rule on him, yelled through that he was out, and if he pulled something, give him a few shots. When I was playing recball a few weeks ago, somebody was like 30 feet away andt tried to make me surrender, lol, and I just shot right through him. If I were the guy I would have tried to shoot you..I never give up..wait, well maybbee in this case. But definately make him aware of whats gonna happen. :D

Strider
10-07-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure this sounds like a recreational-ball situation. In which case I wouldn't pull. Not worth the guilt as the guy gets carried off teh field...

speeddemon
10-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Well I would not take the shot at someone because I would not want them to do it to me. 1, they are already out, and 2, Im sure that you could shoot them somewhere else. And if someone did do it to me on purpose in a situation like this, I would send them to the hospital for it. There is no reason to purposefully do that to someone.

thump
10-07-2003, 10:39 AM
well i ALWAYS have my cup on when playing so go head and fire away.:cool:
but i would not pull the trigger on someone else in that situation,,im out to play for fun ,not hurt someone.

SlartyBartFast
10-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Goose him with the barrel, while shouting:"You're out and children get to live you lucky SOB!"
or
"duck, duck, GOOSE!":D

Konigballer
10-07-2003, 10:55 AM
I wouldnt do it just for health reasons. Once his "junk" was OK he would probably seek you out.

Skreemer
10-07-2003, 11:10 AM
well I wouldn't take the shot... I know I wouldn't want to be hit there I'm not gonna do it to someone else... though there is no rule that states you can't grab him by his belt and smack him into the wall a few times.

Heh while on Nico I was looking accross into one of the other "houses" and a guy was taking cover behind a wall right where the 4 - 6 inch gap was... and just like Tyger's guy it was framing his jewels quite nicely... I put a few rounds into the bunker and then whizzed a few past his side trying to get him to move... when he started chewing up the right side I figured screw it I hope he's got a cup and put 2 rounds into his groin area.

FRENZY
10-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I would open his zipper and throw in a tippmann grenade...LOL:D

Jack & Coke
10-07-2003, 11:47 AM
I always wear this over my gear... If you see me on the field, come up and say hi!

http://www.canbox.ca/product/boes/boes_images/blbm.jpg

FRENZY
10-07-2003, 11:52 AM
LOL

edweird
10-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Nah this is an instance where I pull out my Bingo marker and duct tape it on then proceed to bayonette him to death.

Albinonewt
10-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Ok, I've read it now.

Not for nothing, why not just point the gun 3 inches the left and blast the hell out of his inner thigh?

Tyger
10-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by OfficerGoat
BTW Tyger... you should really avoid putting your "Junk" up against exposed windows, you are just asking to get nailed.

Actually, I was the guy in the building.

I've been 'holding off' telling what I did, I want to see what people say first. Just getting a feel for the people again.

-Tyger

Albinonewt
10-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Tyger
I've been 'holding off' telling what I did, I want to see what people say first. Just getting a feel for the people again.

Tyger, here's a hint. When we're discussing someone's junk, try not to use the phrase "just getting a feel". :D :D

shartley
10-07-2003, 11:59 AM

Tyger, here's a hint. When we're discussing someone's junk, try not to use the phrase "just getting a feel". :D :D
But what if that has to do with what he DID? :eek:

Hey hey... remember the kiddies!

;) :p

Albinonewt
10-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by shartley

But what if that has to do with what he DID? :eek:

Hey hey... remember the kiddies!

;) :p

Well then, then I'd say it's time for Mr. Tyger to try playing paintball without the ears and tail. He's turning into Siegfried

DK1
10-07-2003, 12:13 PM
I think the proper thing to do is yell "there's about to be consequences and repercussions!" and express with the utmost urgency that you can and will execute with extreme prejudice if the player does not remove himself (and his junk) from the game...

though, in reality, it'd be hard for me not to just let him slide... it'd be hard to look a guy in the eye after you just point blanked him in the goods.

My vote is, he's already out, you are physically touching him. As far as I care, if equipment hits count, that means they are part of "you" and therefore "you" are touching him. Your gun is just and extension of your body.... kind of nija.

DK1

Jack & Coke
10-07-2003, 12:25 PM
What if...

The guy was facing the other way, where instead of touching his "junk", you where touching his "bum". Would you shoot then?

Albinonewt
10-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
What if...

The guy was facing the other way, where instead of touching his "junk", you where touching his "bum". Would you shoot then?

Not only would I pull the trigger (as previously noted) I would laugh and cry like a school girl after bruising his bum (which I would lay on the trigger until I was sure he was bruised).

Junk shots aren't funny, they're painful and serious. Butt shots on the hand are instant classics!

The Deacon
10-07-2003, 12:30 PM
The rambo rule really needs to include barrels. All major scenarios use "barrel tags" instead of touching someone. To me, touching someone and tapping them with the barrel means that person is out, period, no matter what hte situation. You let the guy get that close, be glad he didn't blast you.

What you might've done is cranked the velocity down pretty far and gave him a "love tap". :D ;)

paintballbeaver
10-07-2003, 12:59 PM
i feel if your dumb enough to put your self in the situation then you deserve what you get.

man will your balls be sore if i touch my trigger wrong :)

well there's 2 sides i feel for it but theres alot of stupid people who would shoot you from that close if you tried to surrender them, you find very few people playing rec ball w/ much common sense about the sport most of them have only played 6 months to a year they still are under the impression that its suppose to be a flashback to vietnam and you kill everyone in site.

i have met lots of guys that have played many years of tourney ball and rec ball that have taken the bad end of the stick due to dumb newbs. taking super close shots IE barrel touching body.

i know everyone goes thought the ranks of being a newb but there gonna have to see some of the bad to if there gona see the good.

i personaly would get in a position where i could offer a surrender and if he chose to go on and try to shoot me his balls would be sore :) but i give all players a chance if there stupid enough to try something there problay smart enough not to do it again :)

thats my take

Peace
BEAVER

Kaiser Bob
10-07-2003, 01:03 PM
a shot in the jewels from that distance would present a real risk of permanently injuring the junk, i.e. sterilization... if someone did that to me without any kind of warning, you better believe id sue their ***.

shartley
10-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by paintballbeaver
sorry kiaser bob unless you dont sign waviers at fields you go to theres nothing you can do you release liability at a field or tourney there for all injurys are "your fault" now some suit can come about but most are thrown out of court.
Sorry, but this is not correct. When you sign a waiver, no matter what you think it says, you are NOT signing away ALL liability for all injuries. And that does not clear other people AT these locations from being sued either.

Kaiser Bob
10-07-2003, 01:24 PM
the field has that 'Rambo' rule instated for just such an occasion, the person's failure to follow the guidelines of the field and cause personal injury would be enough to take the shooter, not the field to court.

adam shannon
10-07-2003, 01:36 PM
in a situation like that i always call for a surrender. if the player even twitches in my direction in any way aside from removing his armband he gets stitched. it may be merciless but i wouldnt begrudge any player who did the same to me...if you choose to give it you gotta be man or woman enough to take it.

the only exception is newbies or teen girls. i give them a little more leaway and if necessary shoot for their legs or pack. true baller girls or anybody with any experience get no extra quarter...cuz i wouldnt expect any from them.

adam shannon
10-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by paintballbeaver
sorry kiaser bob unless you dont sign waviers at fields you go to theres nothing you can do you release liability at a field or tourney there for all injurys are "your fault" now some suit can come about but most are thrown out of court.

pre-nups arent worth the paper their printed on, people who smoke knowing its gonna kill them can sue, 600lb twinky vaccums can sue mcdonalds...i dont think johny cochrain would even need 5 minutes to invalidate any PB waiver.

but really, the language in most PB waivers insulates the field from liability...but reclesss/dangerous behavior by players to other players isnt really covered. even a waiver that covered player to player conduct would fall short of blatently dangerous behavior.

Creative Mayhem
10-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by OfficerGoat

NEWT... CHECK HIS JUNK!! :D

I would let him know he's out via the Rambo rule, if he doesnt comply, then by all means take a step back and let the paint fly.(heh... i was gonna say "let your balls fly.. but i opted against it... ;))

10-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Its recball just yell dude your out. Shooting a rec player in the nuts is twibbish.

paintballbeaver
10-07-2003, 04:24 PM
ah well learn sumtin new every day

i'm just going off the 3 cases that were filed against my local field all 3 were thrown out.

rambo rule applied kid tried surrendering a kid refused and shot the other player in the groin.

case was for pain and suffering
it was thrown out.

couple others like people lifting up there masks and stuff like that and taking shots in the face

best one was a kid decided that 10.00 was to much for an entry so he grabed a snowmobile helmet and ran out into the field got shot in the head blinding him in one eye

paintballbeaver
10-07-2003, 04:25 PM
guess i took kiasers statemnt wrong i though he was suing the field my bad

f3rr3+
10-07-2003, 06:02 PM
do we get to hear what happened or what?!?!

TheAmazingJelloMag
10-07-2003, 06:18 PM
I would tape a paintbrush to the end of my barrel and rub it on the splatter on a bunker.
Bayonet:cool:
If the mark on them from your "bayonet" is more than a quarter (correct me if i'nm wrong) he would be out

yes I am going tom do this the next time I play at my local feild;)

TITAN
10-07-2003, 06:21 PM
I'd shoot, I guess that's just cause of the way I am :p, I wear a cup so if he tryed to retaliate later in the day it wouldnt bother me lol

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-07-2003, 06:22 PM
PULL THE TRIGGER!

MrWallen
10-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I think I'd pull the trigger. With 20 guys surrounding me, one of which is really close, and all that adrenaline pumping I don't think I'd be able to just tell him to surrender. Besides, I don't think I'd let him get that close anyway.

Reminds me of a Scenario Game I was reffing recently. One team had captured an objective, and most people, including the refs, thought the game was over. Suddenly one lone guy walks out of the woods and quietly begins surrendering people. He gets about 6 guys out before the other 30 or so people near him realize what's happening. Then he gets lit up by said 30 or so guys. Funny stuff, kinda. Kinda hard to rule on, he didn't mind the overshooting, the round was pretty much over, and he had pretty much been hiding out of bounds.

CrazyLad
10-07-2003, 07:27 PM
you dont shoot people in the balls at point blank....its just not done.

speeddemon
10-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by TITAN
I'd shoot, I guess that's just cause of the way I am :p, I wear a cup so if he tryed to retaliate later in the day it wouldnt bother me lol

See thats the thing, I (and I doubt anyone else) wouldn't even bother trying to shoot you back in the groin (or anywhere else), a baseball bat is much more effective. And for all you people that say you would do it, well, think about what would happen to you for doing it to the person. And Im sure that with a good lawyer, you could win a bunch of money for it.

Python14
10-07-2003, 08:30 PM
you dont shoot people in the balls at point blank....its just not done.

I concur.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-07-2003, 09:04 PM
"And Im sure that with a good lawyer, you could win a bunch of money for it."

i don't think paintball has went to the point when people sue eachother just for getting shot and i hope it never does.

Python14
10-07-2003, 09:08 PM
This is one things where your life literally could be ruined by a single shot. Your "junk" is not all that durable, especially considering there is no (real) bone to protect it or give it structure. Therefore, a direct shot like that could easily damage soft tissue enough to cause long lasting, or permenant damage. It would be the worst case of the "blues" ever.

Again, I would say tell him his options, and he'll surrender quietly.

ezrunner
10-07-2003, 09:12 PM
you turn your barrel so that it is at an angle to just miss the "junk" and pop him twice in the inner thigh.

lesson learned and he is definately out :)

-rob

TheJester
10-07-2003, 09:14 PM
what, a barrel being jammed an inch into your nuts isn't enough?

paintballfeign
10-07-2003, 09:18 PM
before i vote i would like to know if this person was a friend a stranger or somebody you dont like cause all of these have diffrent endings.

Friend: move barrel two inches shoot in inner leg
Stranger: use rambo rule
Somebody you dont like: Shoot to kill

Bad_Dog
10-07-2003, 09:33 PM
NO...

It's just not nice, and can potentially give paintball that bad name...

Just think of little Timmy...

[story mode]
Little Timmy is a 14 year old boy who has good grades and a great liking for the sport of paintball. Luckely for Timmy's 14th birthday his parents bought him an automag (theyre very very smart parents). Timmy's parents want him to get into the sport to let out some agression because he's too nice of a boy. Well since Timmy has never played paintball he decides to follow an older more expierienced player around for the first couple of games. At the sound of go, Timmy follows his role model to a house style bunker and positions himself in the bunker directly to the rear of the older player yet still keeping the older player in his full line of view. The game continues as Timmy can see the other team go about the field and begin to unadvertantly surround him and his role model. Staying cool, Timmy does not shoot, because he wants to be just like the cool older player who hasnt made a move yet. Once again time passes as a firefight erupts between Timmys teammates and the other team even though the other team doesnt know of Timmy and his unaware role model sitting point blank in the bunker that they're leaning against. Timmy watches the older player carefully as he calmly raises his barrel to a hole in the bunker, just then a player from the other team happens to move in front of the hole, and Timmy can destinctly make out the zipper off of a pair of paintball pants (yes the zipper on the crotch). To Timmy's horror his role model fires three rounds (ok, maby thats a little too much but stick with me) directly into the opponents "twig & berries", and immediatly runs back to safty by the rest of Timmy's teammates. By now the opponent is crying in pain not because his sperm count was just cut in half, but because as a reaction, he dropped his $3,999.00 X-Mag (gold plated); the guy decides to wipe the paint and get revenge. Timmy is now worried due to the fact that he has no expierience and is now in the presence of a man who has had a very very bad day. As luck would have it the pissed off opponent runs directly into Timmy's hut to gain a shooting lane, and detects Timmy scared ****less crouched in a corner. The opponent thinks quickly about the situation and decides to take out his anger on Timmy, not the real person who caused him so much pain. In a total of 10.53 seconds the disgruntled opponent unleashes all 223 rounds from his X-mag and warp feed directly into the freightened little Timmy....

THE END [/story mode]

Please people! think of Timmy if your ever confronted by this situation!

Moral of the story:
If your gonna shoot some guy in the nads at piont blank, atleast make a fast getaway so the guy takes out his anger on some noob:D :D :D

....Serously though, you should never do that... It just `aint right... plus you never know when you could be the cool older player that some little kid looks up to...

P.S. If you would like to donate some $$$ to the "Help Timmy Foundation"... leave checks blank and send them to:
Bad_Dog, 1787 South Raindeer rd. Waukesha WI, 53281

(wow this is the longest post I've ever made)

paintballbeaver
10-07-2003, 09:38 PM
well i guess i took and put some real thought into this

now 90% of the time unless your seriously under hung your "wang" hangs in front of the "twins"
OOO ___________0000
IE: [ ___________=== 0
OOO 0000
so i guess that should take the main brunt of the shot it would take some real talent to quote "pop a nut"

I would still like to hear tygers response on what he did

most people dont react quite the way we think out side the game i think 85-90% of people would have took teh shot if ther were 20 people closing in on them

splat15k
10-07-2003, 09:45 PM
remember the Golden Rule

JonDaAzn
10-07-2003, 09:57 PM
do unto others BEFORE they do unto you :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-07-2003, 10:17 PM
if i know the guy i was shooting. i'd cap him lol
if it was a stranger. well...i'd still be tempted to cap him
if it was tom kaye. i'd shoot myself

Tyger
10-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Intresting.

Well, the "rest" of the story.

I was playing Nick with my SC Phantom (It had the Micro C/A on the back! It's an Airgun product! :D ) At one point in the final battle, I saw an openeing to move into the buildings, and dove into a doorway. I didn't realise that it was a 1 door building, nor that most of the openings to shoot out of are small breaks in the boards. Well, from my spot, I saw a lot of people within 30 feet. These are gimme shots, and I took out more than a few from that spot.

There comes a point that I realise that the shooting from behind be has stopped. I look out the window to my left, and there's a guy's knee 3 feet away. I don't want to take that shot, it's too close. So I set up in a window to longball someone at a distance. I have the barel tip poking out the hole, as a firing platform.

That's when the "target" steps into my building. I thought I heard someone try to tell him that there was a "blue guy" in the building, but he was blissfully unaware of the warning. He saw blue players up the field, and presed his body into the building. And in the process, pressed his crotch into the hole my barrel was poking from. Heck, if I wanted to I could have told you his religion, he was that close.

Now what I did. I relaised a few things very quickly. Frest 12 gram, so I had a full pull shot chambered. We were shooting Diablo, which was good paint on the day but it was rather HARD. It bounced off of goggles, in some cases. I realised he was not wearing a cup. I realised that if I did take the shot, the game would end there and then. I remember EMR's final shootout, and the guy who got clocked there in the skull. I didn't want a repeat performance.

So I poked him with the barrel, and tapped my hand on his hip away from the "Goods" and said "Rambo." He stopped, and began to argue with me about it. I said "RAMBO!" again. I don't know about you all, but if someone's got a barrel in my privates, and is offering me the chance to walk away without pain, I'm buyin' him beer or a soda or something.

Anyhow, as I'm trying to argue with this guy that I had in fact Ramboed him, Psycho (goes by the nick "americanpsycoX" here...) comes around the left of me and shoots. Ok, I kinda expected it form someone eventually. Got paint between the thermals of my goggles, but I can accept that as safe behavior on a field. It wasn't point blank, and it was only like 3 or so shots to the mask / visor. Looking back, the guy I had the "Drop" on should be thankful I had a LOT of trigger control, and dind't fire a "Retaliation" shot, point blank.

The 'victim' ran away from me, and evnetually got shot by his teammates. I ran into him at the frint gate, cleaning up his hit. I asked Harry (one of the refs) if the Rambo rule was in effect. "Becasue I just almost castrated a guy out there." Harry asked me to ID the player. "Sure. Some guy in camo who's not wearing a cup." The guy was standing right there. I didn't "rat him out" because it was last game of the day, last 10 minutes of the last game, and it wasn't worth the headache.

And how dod I know it was the same guy? Well, like I said, I got a VERY GOOD LOOK at his camo, and my barrel got more intimate than anything has the right to be with his personage. Besides, the guy had that "deer in the headlights" look when I was talking about it with Harry. The guy knew. I knew. That's all that mattered to me.

I guess the reason I posted all this was to see something. When I related the story to a few people at the field, I was asked "Why didn't you shoot him?" I thought it was an odd question to ask. I mean, why would you want to, or enjoy the process of shooting some guy in the groin who not only has no idea it's coming, but probably doesn't deserve to be permanently disabled.

I also know that heavy trauma to the groin can result in sterilization. To my knowledge, there has been no incidents of this in paintball. And I wasn't about to make the first one. A lawsuit wasn't on my mind first thing, but as I thought about it later, I realised that I could be named for assault if I took the shot. It wasn't necessary.

It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one with this opinion.

-Tyger

Kaiser Bob
10-08-2003, 12:55 AM
Im with ya Tagger, some people lost sight of the possible injuries these things can do when you act inappropriately...

Caffiend
10-08-2003, 03:42 AM
I probably wouldn't have shot. I HATE shooting ppl at close range, unless it's a tournament setting(not that I enjoy it then). In rec-ball or scenarios, I'm more there to have fun than get elimations or wins. And stopping the game because some guy is writhing on the ground in the worst of pains is not fun, in my eyes.

breg
10-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Hmmmmm, Tyger, I'd have to agree with you. But for different reasons. I would have felt really, really, really bad intentionally shooting someone in the crotch. I'm wierd like that. If it was a shot from down range that happened to hit him in the "goods" then it would have been different. But, doing that to anyone on purpose is just plain mean.
And, like you said, if someone offered me the same change you gave this guy, I'd have a new drinking buddy.

Albinonewt
10-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Tell ya what Tyger. I'm with you until he argues the Rambo with you. Then I take the shot. You can't force people to be smart.

SlartyBartFast
10-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by splat15k
remember the Golden Rule

He that has the gold makes the rules.

kosmo
10-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Now to me that situation definately falls under the "'accidentally' drop a case of paint on his groin when he is sitting down" scenario I mentioned earlier. Ungrateful brat...

Jeffy-CanCon
10-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Good story, Rob. Sucks that the guy argued and you got screwed for it, but you did the right thing. Although AlbinoNewt's logic is pretty good, too, and probably what I would have actually done.

paintballcowboy
10-08-2003, 02:48 PM
I don't think any dude should "mess" with another dude's junk.

NO
general touching (caress massage)
punching
kicking
hitting
biting
licking
shooting
poking
smelling
and more...?...?...

nerobro
10-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Tyger, in my opinion, any argument, and they asked for it. Remember me at sams? I looked up and it was "you got me." I've yet to deal with someone so dense as to not accept a rambo. But they were his nuts, and he knew where your barrel was. And he refused the rambo. I think you did the better thing though :-) Congratulations for taking the high road. Then again, I don't have a reputation to protect. :-/

SlartyBartFast
10-08-2003, 03:10 PM
The review on WARPIG is timely. The question is: How many want to run around the paintball field wearing a chain-mail loin-cloth?:D

rdb123
10-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Now I'm wondering if my Dye Slider shorts and Dye pants (somewhat loose on me in that area) would be able to soften that blow a good amount or not. =\

-Ron

That guy should be thankful you kept your cool. Good job.

Trina
10-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Tyger you did the right thing!! :D I personally am competitive and love the sport...but when it comes to safety I think we all need to put our egos aside and do the right thing. I think in your case, I would've rather been the person to get shot out, cuz someone isn't playing the game right, then to potentially damage someones "stuff". That is just way uncool, and it makes me very sad to see that there are a few pballers out there who think the game is more important then safety. :(