PDA

View Full Version : Need photoshop help

Lone Wolf2
10-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Well guys i just got photoshop and im tryin to get started...yall got any helpful hints/secrets or guidelines for me to follow.

Spleen
10-07-2003, 08:26 PM
The way i got started was i played with it. I learned what buttons did what. Then i read a few tut's and been doing stuff since then. There is still a lot that i dont know about ps7 because its so damn powerfull, but its fun to do stuff for people and make some crazy stuff. If you need help or anything, pm me, and i can prolly help ya out.

Bad_Dog
10-07-2003, 08:29 PM
ditto,

even though now I'm taking a class on the program, I already know alot by playing around with it...

So now ya have atleast 2 people to pm with questions when you need them...

Lone Wolf2
10-08-2003, 09:24 AM
OK ill pm yall when i get home from scool and i have ps7 on my comp...but right now im sposed to be doin research on a paper:p :D

OfficerGoat
10-08-2003, 02:30 PM
IMHO Layers are one of the most important things pick up. Then what goes next all depends on what sort of graphics you are working on. Web Graphics .. filters are good as well as Rulers and Guides. For photo retouch type stuff. .grads and of course the Blur/Sharp tools.

Personaly I'm only an amature.. and alwys will be on since I am partialy colorblind... so I tend to have weird color combonations. Anyhow if you find that you have any specific questions I am sure that there are lots of folks around here that have the answers.

Couple of my masterpeices... ;)

http://garindan.phpwebhosting.com/heaven1.jpg

http://garindan.phpwebhosting.com/ws6&SSfixed.jpg

Coal-Cracker
10-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Adobe has tutorial books out there. They work pretty well to lay down a good foundation of the programs. Once you get comfortable start working on achieving the same effects as the filters - without actually using the filters. Yes it can be done. With practice, this will give your work a more professional appearance to the trained eye.