PDA

View Full Version : Custom Auto-Response Frame Intellifeed

Koosh
10-07-2003, 08:46 PM
When I was playing the other day, I got REALLY tired of constantly having to adjust my warp... Sometimes it wouldn't activate... so I go to adjust the sensitivity, and whenever I touch ANYTHING it goes off... so I figured Intellifeed was the only way out.

Now instead of tossing out $100 for a new intelliframe (which I probably will end up doing anyway) I just got bored today and tried out a home mod.

It wasn't too difficult... The hardest part was finding a good spot to mount the roller switch (I used all the same parts from the PDF at www.airgun.com )... but I found it mounted well to the very back, there is a spot on the sear of the AR frame that moves on both the pull and release of the trigger, so it would feed all the time...

Then it was just figuring out how to get the damn thing on there... A good machinist, or someone who isn't incredibly lazy probably would have come up with a better way then me... but hey, I figured that this isn't exactly something that needs to carry a high load, epoxy should hold it fine. And there ya go.

The other problem that I ran into was on my Warp... I sent it to Havoc Online quite a while ago, before I even thought about intellifeeding it, so he installed an on/off switch not very far away from the female phone jack that it plugs into... its a tight fit, and the warp plug is actually touching the on/off switch at all times. I'm going to wait and see if that becomes a problem, if it does I'll have to cut down the switch, the phone jack casing, or just move the switch.

But anyway, here are some pics... Now how am I going to clear a spot on my title for "IF" (for intellifeed...):D

Koosh
10-07-2003, 08:58 PM
I also had to cut off the "roller" part of the roller switch, it was sticking out the end of the gripframe, would have made it difficult for the grips to fit back on ;)

Here is a pic of the warp switch/plug problem... looks like it will work though... (switch is "off" now, goes up to turn "on")

JonDaAzn
10-08-2003, 06:53 PM
sweet! how about a pic of the entire setup?

vf-xx
10-08-2003, 07:09 PM
maybe you could turn the switch upside down so that the down position is on?

funkmunky56
10-09-2003, 10:27 AM
flipping the on-off switch would NOT be a good idea... simply because it's really easy to knock the switch UP while playing, easier than knocking it down. So up=on is really the only good way to do it.

what i did differently is, I mounted the switch into that little pocket at the bottom of the warp shell, next to the battery area. I had to dremel the area out quite a bit, but once I opened up the pocket, a Radio shack toggle switch fit in there perfectly. and it leaves a bit more clearance between the switch and the warp cable, even with the larger radio shack boot (as compared to the lil' AGD metal warplink cable boot) It's totally sweet. I don't have pics, cuz I sold the warp right after. But if somebody was to send me a pic of the inside of the board-side warp shell, I could mark it up and post it. :-)

--Dave

Koosh
10-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Entire Setup... I didn't feel like digging to find my 20 oz tank, but everything else is there...

Classic valve
LX
Black Teflon H/R body
Modded warp (Intelli, Big Cell, On/off switch)
Auto Response Frame
Palmer Stabilizer
20 oz Anti-Syphen tank
12 (or 14", I don't know how to measure mag barrels...) Freak system (only 3 bores, 687, 689 and 691)
Pump Kit (I like to keep it on for effect, hardley ever use it though)
Psychoballistics drop
Stainless steel line, covered in Electric tape with Quick Disconnects on both ends
Smart Parts Gadget Grip (Yes the drop doesnt let you get the barrel plug out... Its still a comfy forgrip though)
Ugly Clear (well, yellow) dye sticky grips

Here is a slightly older pic... don't have the freak system on it, and if you look closely, the pump rod isn' there either

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=907908

Here is the updated pic:

Koosh
10-09-2003, 03:10 PM
One more for good measure... kinda bad pics, need to take one outside again...

UnIdentifiedFreak
10-10-2003, 09:06 PM
looks great!

behemoth
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Koosh's a P.I.M.P ;)

Nice work pal