PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Consistency

DS6
10-07-2003, 11:35 PM
I have installed an X-valve in what used to be a minimag. I have an Intelliframe. Two shims, small spring, #2.0 carrier. This seems to be my optimal setup with no or little leaking. I am able to keep the FPS under 290. The consistency is all over the place. The crony will start at 253. Then moved up to about 268 and will nail 268 for about 3 shots. Next it juices up to 280+ but never over 289.

What can I change to make this setup more consistant at any given rate of fire?

Thanks,

DS6 (Richard Slinger 6):p

danheneise
10-07-2003, 11:45 PM
i don't have an rt/xvalve (yet :D ) but i do know you have to crono by first firing a shot, then hold the trigger down and then fire your next shot by quickly releasing and pulling the trigger, once again holding the trigger back, this simulates rapid fire and i think that it dosent let the gun cool down or something along that line. from what i know if you don't crono that way you'll get some wierd velocity readings and it also won't be nice when you go into rapid fire and your gun heats up, increasing fps and hitting someone with a hot shot.

correct me if i'm wrong, once again i do not have an rt/xvalve so i'm not entirly (spelling) knoledgable about that.

Eatem Alive
10-08-2003, 12:22 AM
My velocity was very eratic for the first 3 cases but now it's within an f.p.s. or two. I think it has to break in.

Dayspring
10-08-2003, 09:41 AM
If you're not chronoing the Xvalve correctly, that's what happens.

The Xvalve and the minimag valve work differently, and as such, any RT based valve has a special chrono procedure.

DS6
10-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks, I'll try again this weekend.

BlackVCG
10-08-2003, 02:51 PM
I have a post in the thread "Taking apart my Retro Valve for the 1st time", which is on the first page of this forum, currently. Read that and try out my suggestions.