PDA

View Full Version : why are all lxs' different

FreakBaller12
10-08-2003, 06:20 PM
how coem all lx setups are different, is it cuz they are not exactly the same specifications, i am jsut curiosu as to why this is

danheneise
10-08-2003, 06:31 PM
i'm thinking that its not that the actuall bolt is different but mabye the gun setup, guessing air psi, barrel sizing, and how much wear and tear is on the gun? i dunno though any other inputs to this?

TSalPaintball
10-08-2003, 06:33 PM
I agree with Dan. You know how many different mag setups there are, ALOT!

ChucktheMAGician
10-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Variances in carrier o-ring size is the reason for needing different carrier sizes. So yes to your question about exactly same specifications. There are alot of things going on in there so certain parts need to be adjustable.

GA Devil
10-09-2003, 07:55 AM
My thought is that nothing can be machined "exactly" the same twice. So giving the method it must use to give the blow back to stop itelf and the varience in the machining of the bolts, having to be so perfect to work right is why the having to fine tune each different case. But I may be wrong...lol. Just my opinion

xen_100
10-09-2003, 12:04 PM
it can be machined exatly the same enough. within .00001" (minimum) chuck is right. o-rings are never exactly the same, so they had to compensate with different carriers.

PyRo
10-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Why is there more than one size PT spacer. Things wear, o-rings are differant sizes and that compensates for it. As already stated every batch of o-rings comes out just a litle differant than the last. Maybie the wear on the bolt and sear effect it to. Maybie the o-rings gets softer after it is used for a while requiring a differant size.

danheneise
10-09-2003, 02:15 PM
^^ YES ^^^