PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe/X-valve+ULT

B-Lazy
10-09-2003, 10:38 AM
OK guys here we go, should I get a hyperframe, a X-Valve with ULT, or both. Please list reasons why and keep in mind that I am a broke college student. Thanks.

Prezents
10-09-2003, 10:42 AM
I would go with the x-valve with ult.
if you go with the hyperframe you will not need the ult or the x, unless you have a FAST finger. the classic valve will keep up with the 13bps hyperframe. If you get the new hyperframe that is 20bps you will need the x-valve to keep up with it.
If you are running the hyperframe you will not need the ult.

Hope this helps.

Dayspring
10-09-2003, 10:50 AM
ACTUALLY-

Running the ULT on the hyperframe solves one of the overriding problems the hyperframe has.

Many complaints about the solenoid not being able to push the stock on/off pin are solved with the ULT.

Don't believe that? Check out Kaiser Bob's.

B-Lazy
10-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Is that on a X-Valve only or on an AIR valve also.

Dayspring
10-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Well, the complaint is for either the ReTro/Xvalve or classic.

The solution, however, is for the ReTro/Xvalve.

hitech
10-09-2003, 12:00 PM
A UTL is the best on/off for a Hyperframe. It insures the solenoid will have enough force to operate it and solves the problem of finding the right length on/off pin. If you are using a Hyperframe a UTL will work well in a classic valve. No chance to short stroke (the only problem a UTL has in a classic valve).

Dayspring
10-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Not the ONLY problem.

It'll Chuff. (By that, we mean that it'll fire one shot not fully charged and and the next one fully. Could result in broken balls in the barrel.)

hitech
10-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
It'll Chuff.

My understanding is that a "chuffed shot" is caused from short stroking.

Bad_Dog
10-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Keep mechanical mags alive!