PDA

View Full Version : *MacDev's New Gun!!! | The Cyborg.

*ArKfEaR*
10-09-2003, 06:53 PM
http://www.macdev.net/au/Cyborg.htm

Coming out in November.

Personally, I think it is real sleek milling wise. Its suppose to shoot at around 30 BPS, and be damn light. It has the '04 Gladiator, the Sonic LPR, and im sure the internals are nuts (04 Red Valve) oh wait and ACE!!! The trigger looks sick, really comfy and easy to shoot as well.

Maybe my Sonic Bushy will become a backup after all.

$1600... well thats in Australian money aparently because of some kind of tax they have.

Enjoy.

Btw, we all know this is going to be one hell-uva gone since its made by MacDev.

Also, PBnation thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327807

Some pics:

http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/cyborg/orange1.jpg
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/cyborg/rierview.jpg
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/cyborg/snatchgrip.jpg
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/cyborg/trigger.jpg

PS: >> The specs look promising. Also, its no Angel clone, its said to be closest to the Tribal/Cocker

FooTemps
10-09-2003, 06:59 PM
clean look, but it could use one or 2 more cuts in it to look even better.

barberjohn
10-09-2003, 07:04 PM
it looks like a cross between an angel lcd with ace, and a bushmaster. i really dont think that it is worth 1600, is that really the price:confused: ?? but yea, it looks good, but i am going to have to agree with footemps, it could use a couple more cuts in the milling, it looks boxxy.

TSalPaintball
Very nice and clean, almost too clean, little more milling would be nice!

Carnage
Yeah it looks like a plain gun, but I bet it rips! I find it looks like an impulse or old shocker o.O.

Mossman
10-09-2003, 07:05 PM
looks like a nice 1600 tribal. Pretty cool, should be ~800 bucks though.

wobbles82
10-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Looks like they finally fit the gun into one piece! :D I think its got that sleek GZ look to it, I like it...but it definately could use a bit more milling, and maybe they should wait and see what everyone else is doing, rather than release this like the E-Racer and have Eclipse kinda show em up. :D :D

ezrunner
10-09-2003, 07:19 PM
the statement angel clone comes from the fact that the ram is attached to the hammer which is linked to the bolt.

A Solenoid with 2 positions holds the ram back until the trigger actuation at which point the hammer is forced into the valve, carrying the bolt forward chambering a ball and the valve releases air to drive the ball.

The solenoid then switches and the ram carries the hammer (and thus the bolt) back to the default (open) position.

Many guns work this way and it is an excellent system. Unless the gun is closed bolt it is not like a cocker.
The body does come from the world of the cocker. Don't bother arguing I know who sold what to whom to build the gun.

-rob

TheTramp
10-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Mossman

That's because that's basicly what it is. It's at the very least based heavly on the "Virus" that Rich from Fear Factory was planning on producing (which was basicly a new Tribal).

Not that this makes it a bad gun. The nice balance of the Tribal's internals made/make it a really fast gun. As long as you get one that works:eek: ;)

-=Squid=-
10-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Only thing I dont like about it is the ghey name...pshh..."cyborg?"

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-09-2003, 07:42 PM
looks nice but it's like a box.

and $1600?! are they crazy?

Kaiser Bob
10-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Its the new volvo of paintball guns!

nippinout
10-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
looks nice but it's like a box.

and $1600?! are they crazy?

Australian dollars or whatever denomination they use.

You guys are missing, it looks as if the trigger pin is threaded!

personman
10-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Its a good thing macdev is in austrailia or smart parts would rape them before they could say 'monopoly' :p

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Looks like a cross between a Bushmaster, an LCD, and an Escalade(Boxxyness).

thecavemankevin
10-09-2003, 08:38 PM
sorry, just dont like it. and they thought the original shockers look like shoe boxes

CpSuPeRkId
10-09-2003, 08:51 PM
wow im seriously impressed. it looks like its going to be a VERY nice marker. 30bps(which sounds about right for an open bolt electopneumatic which im assuming its going to be), 2 sided break beam ace which we all know is the best and most reliable anti chop system, a very nice look and shape(except it could use more milling which im sure they are working on). it but looks like an overall beast! the only thing i dont get is why they would make it though. i mean it does look nice, but why would people buy it over say a viking, timmy, nice impy, etc???? it uses the same operation as all those guns and also bushys, tribals, and angels. i mean the market is full of those guns and even though it looks nice, it doesnt really beat a nice viking for an example. vikings are cheaper, have was boards and break beam eyes, best air efficiency, NO maintenance, etc. what is going to make people buy this gun over all the others. i think they should have invested their time into what i think is eventually going to become the next phase of paintball gun designs which is the spool valve design like a matrix or 03 shocker. i hate both of those guns with passion but at least they are different and give people a variety of guns to choose from. just my opinion. either way i guarantee its going to rip like all the others out there.

MrMag
10-09-2003, 09:03 PM
looks like the bastard child result from a threesome between a cocker, timmy and an impulse......

wepu
10-09-2003, 10:39 PM
As of 10/9/2003, the AU $ to US $ exchange is 0.6936, so the price in real dollars is: 1109.76. (Source: rba.gov.au)
Still pricey, but much more resonable.

dinger
10-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
PS: >> The specs look promising. Also, its no Angel clone, its said to be closest to the Tribal/Cocker

oh, well not an angel clone, but a bushmaster clone! ahhh haha ;)

id hit it

Grasshopper
10-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Is that the MSRP? Usually that's higher, and it's not realeased either, so the price can very easily change.

Looks pretty cool, but it could use cut or two more.

Ov3rmind
10-10-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm really really diggin it. Can't wait to see how it's recieved by the public. AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh, too many cool guns coming out!!!

-Body and frame milled from solid billet 6K grade aluminum.
-Super fast cycling speeds up to a true 30 BPS.
-Lightweight construction (1.05kg with barrel).
-Stick trigger with 3-Point adjustmet.
-Super low pressure operation; 200psi operating, 50psi cocking (noice!).
-Cyber ABS System to eliminate paint chopping.
-Fully rebuildable low pressure ram, no tools required.
-Self lubricating 2-piece bolt with quick strip pin.
-Sonic mid-rise with o-ring retention system.
-Cocker barrel threads with Matchstik 2 piece barrel.
-04 Galdiator inline reg (bottom inlet, bottom adjustment).
-04 LPR with allen key adjustment.
-04 Red Valve.
-Custom solenoid valve featuring super fast energizing coil.
-9V power source with low battery alarm.
-Sonic teflon anti-jam detent.
-Macdev Micro Gauge (300psi), monitors operating pressure.
-Built in snatch grip (Woot! X2).
-Stainless steel screws (OMG, this gun will rape!:rolleyes:).
-Push button on/off.
-Fade anodizing (looks like Blue2Black and Orange2Black so far).
-12 month limited factory warranty, lifetime limited free labor servicing).

-Fully integrated on/off, microswitch, LED, eye, and solenoid systems.
-DIP switch settings on board (Dwell times).
-High response micro processor (12 million trigger reads per second)(Oh my!).
-Seperate eye harness/plug for each eye side to allow seperate removal.
-Beam type cyber ABS software to read any paint color.
-On board beeper (?).
-LED indicator.
-9V battery source with low battery alarm.
-Push button on/off.
-On field eye disable feature.

Official release is on Nov 1, 2003. You can pre order right now. The only thing I'd really like to see changed so far is thinning out the body, it looks like there's enough extra meat to do it.

trixx75
10-10-2003, 01:45 AM
too boxy plain, I'm not impressed by the looks. But if it shoots from what it is being said, that is a different story.

Jack & Coke
10-10-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
http://www.macdev.net/au/Cyborg.htm

...its said to be closest to the Tribal/Cocker...

Strange... I fail to see the cocker connection.

I see another tall profile Bushy / Impy Clone.

Nice colors in anycase.. :)

edweird
10-10-2003, 02:58 AM
Well I have never been impressed with Macdev's pricing...

Back when pricing some of their products we were highly unimpressed that the diffrence between dealer and MSRP are so insanly nominal it hardly justifys the shelf space.

For some good low pressure Bushy parts I still recommend them... but anything with a hefty tag on it we were less inpressed by.

Grey_Goose
10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
MacDev products also seem to have problems if you don't play in a vacuum. That is to say, errant specks of dust tend to make their products behave poorly & erratically.

Bolter
10-10-2003, 08:51 AM
I like it!! Would have to shoot it obviously but I think its phat!!

Wouldn't swap anything for my X-mag though. Of course.

thei3ug
10-10-2003, 10:07 AM
the cocker connection is in if you take a bare cocker body, it will look just like that, down to the FAKE PUMP ARM SLOTS running down the side, the positioning of the feedneck hole is similar to their cocker style bodies, the "valve chamber" which looks to be the LPR...

it mimicks a cocker body, like a tribal. And is that any wonder, since

From the looks of it their even building a copy of the enferno, or maybe just an odd looking spyder clone.

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Did you guys even care to look on the website for the price. There site does have the price in american dollars. It costs like 980.

[url]http://www.macdev.net/us/cyborg.htm (http://www.macdev.net/us/cyborg.htm)

The site you guys were lookin at is the australian branch of their site. Theres the link for the U.S. site.

The guns release date is January 10. Its available now, just use the link i posted.

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Junkie don't flame em'. We don't flame hear on AO. Did you happen to look at how old this thread is before you brought it back from the lost insanity of older posts? Am I contradicting myself?
Mags

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-23-2004, 07:21 PM
I wasnt tryin to sound rude or anything. Sorry if i offended anyone in any way or if you think what i said was wrong.

Mateo
01-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Friday 13th XXXVIII: Thread From the Dead!

Also, I like it very much, very conservative with sharp, but smooth lines sorta like the way recent vehicles are being released.

Methylphenidate
01-24-2004, 12:23 AM

that was my first thought when i saw it.

TheDuelist
01-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Actual price is $980 US and I'll let you know how it is when I get mine.

barberjohn
01-25-2004, 02:04 PM
needs more milling is all i have to say. btw, umm, u do know that a speed has all those upgrades, and costs about 200 bucks less now, dont you?