PDA

View Full Version : Heat Bild up

SkyBoySurfer
10-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I have a mini mag

WIth a ANS Phave 2 valve.
Im using nitro.
I also have a custom trigger job...but is has never givin me problems before.

I am Bilding up heat at my preshure chamber(where the air feed is).

I was woundering if that was normal....I dont rember there being heat coming off that...but mabe i just didnt notice...

I tested it..and i was fireing at about 10bps and all of a sudden it started to short stroke and my On/off pin was then starting to act up..and then about 15 secs after that...i was jsut shooting air down the berral...but when i held the trigger down, it stoped.....I repaced all the Orings in my on/off pin...but when i go over 10bps it starts acting up and heating up again....any segestions?

SkyBoySurfer
10-11-2003, 05:33 PM
ok im prety shure i fixed my On/off problem...It turns out that my mainbody rail screw was a little loose...and it wasint allowing the sear pin to sit proerly agenst the bolt...but i am still haveing a tremendus heat bild up.

Its like 90? agesnt the crome
Im shooting it like crazy...but i dont rember there being anykind of heat bild up before....and i dont think anyparts are wearing on eachother.

most the time when I shoot air threw it realy fast...it just gets cooler.

VR4SL
10-11-2003, 07:37 PM
My only suggestion is that you get spell-check... (sorry, I couldnt resist)

But other than that, you have one weird problem.

personman
10-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Heat build up with nitrogen is natural in mags. Its just the high recharge rate I guess.. but unless its insanely hot then its fine.. my xvalve would get warm after 12 bps strings..

BlackVCG
10-11-2003, 09:23 PM
It's perfectly fine, don't worry about it. There's no possible way for anything else to heat it up, so don't worry about it.

SkyBoySurfer
10-12-2003, 02:12 AM
ok cool thanks a lot...thats a realy big realeif...

ya i was playing for 6 hours tonight and it didnt give me any problems at all...

I figured it was jsut the air being shoved into the chaber at a rapid pace...but I just wanted to be shure.

Thanks a lot guys

and yes i am the typo king