PDA

View Full Version : College tourney today in the South

speeddemon
10-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Well today I played in my first tournament, with Clemson's team in the NCPA SACC (South Atlantic College paintball) game at Regulator's outpost in Dalton GA. Clemson brought 2 squads for the event which had a total of 9 squads playing. My squad (never having played before except in practice the week before) started off the day with 2 losses, mainly due to just not working together well. The next 2 games we won well, after having time to figure out what we needed to do. In one of the final 2 games of regulation play I did have a scare as my mag suddenly stopped shooting. I cleared the breech and tried to fire, although it took a while to get the paintball shell cleared out. I came out in time to find a guy at the 50, who started to come and bunker me, although a couple in the chest stopped him. After that we got the last 2 quickly. We made the finals as did the other Clemson squad, Georgia Tech, and (Im pretty sure) Purdue. We didn't do well in the finals and got 4th, although Clemson's other squad got 2nd. GT got first with Purdue in 3rd.

Overall it was a fun day (for me anyways). I got a lot of quesions about the Y-framed ULT X-valve mag since apparently nobody has seen the Y-frame yet. Got to meet Sinistar and TAG, and both are extremely nice guys. I'd have to say playing in a tourney is definately more intense than about any recball game could ever be.

Warewolf50
10-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Do u know what colleges have pball teams, cause I would love to play pball in college.

Paintchucker
10-12-2003, 09:19 AM
If you don't mind traveling all the way to Atlanta (LOL), the GA Tech Team has kicked butt for the last couple years...

http://www.cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/tournament.html

I think they all shoot Angels and are sponsered by TheAngelGuy...

alkafluence
10-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Warewolf50
Do u know what colleges have pball teams, cause I would love to play pball in college.

Go check out the NCPA's site at http://www.college-paintball.com

There's a list of the college's that have teams (whether they are recognized or not by the college.)