PDA

View Full Version : Money

Jeremizzle
10-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Im only 13 and i love teh sport of paintball. I've tried mowing lawns for money but thats not really working. I need money constently but never have it. Does anyone have any tips or anything?

LaW
10-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Paintball is an expensive hobby... Honestly, unless you have generous parents you may not be able to play much until you get a little older and get a real job :)

FreakBaller12
10-11-2003, 10:01 PM
kinda like me, fidn every possible wya of gettign moeny, when you turn fourteen get a job at mcdonalds like i am like tomrrow, i know it's a crappy job but it's cahs man, when you turn 16 getter a better job easy as that

Jeremizzle
10-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by LaW
Paintball is an expensive hobby... Honestly, unless you have generous parents you may not be able to play much until you get a little older and get a real job :)

Yeah my parents pay for nothing

notime2smile
10-11-2003, 10:05 PM
I know a kid about your age that works my local field, for being there all day, cleaning guns, taking care of rentals, and reffing he gets free paint, air, and the use of one of the rental 68 automags, although he just got a oracle. Just start helping out, not necessarrly to get paid, but just to play if you get my meaning.

LaW
10-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Jeremizzle

Yeah my parents pay for nothing

yeah and they shouldn't have to :)

Jeremizzle
10-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
kinda like me, fidn every possible wya of gettign moeny, when you turn fourteen get a job at mcdonalds like i am like tomrrow, i know it's a crappy job but it's cahs man, when you turn 16 getter a better job easy as that

Woah i didnt know you only have to be fourteen to get a job at mcdonalds atleast its not like that in Georgia.

LaW
10-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jeremizzle

Woah i didnt know you only have to be fourteen to get a job at mcdonalds atleast its not like that in Georgia.

When I was 14 I worked at a mcdonalds, was there for 5 years and left as manager after 2 years doing that. Nowadays though they really want you to be at least 15, because otherwise you are not really useful to the restaurant for 2 years instead of 1 since you have to be 16 or in some cases 18 to do some of the things required in other parts of the Job...

It is definately not a bad job, but fast food is stressful. The am happy i worked at a mcdonalds, I am now a manager at a taco bell since the job market was so bad and I got let go from my previous job. It gives you some good experience that you can fall back on if you fall on hard times ever, most fast food chains are always looking for older dayside help etc etc

FooTemps
10-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Just do paintball trade. Sell and buy stuff constantly and try to make profit from it.

Grasshopper
10-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Just do paintball trade. Sell and buy stuff constantly and try to make profit from it.
That can work, just be careful. Watch for scams, and make sure your actually getting your moneys worth if you go on that route.

I really have no clue how I pay for paint. I live off Xmas/Bday money for a whole year or something. I work every once in a while, and just scrape up every penny I can. I would get a job if I could, but there's no place around here that hires people that are 15 (I tried McDonalds, and all the other places). Bleh.

-=Squid=-
10-11-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Just do paintball trade. Sell and buy stuff constantly and try to make profit from it. Thats what I do...I dont have a job, and look at me.

FooTemps
10-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I have an rt pro and I've just about broken even on gear expenses since I started. Nevermind, I'm still 90 dollars short of breaking even.

wobbles82
10-12-2003, 12:04 AM
I just turned 15 and bought me an SFL E-Cocker...:D My parents really dont pay for much, if they do I get angry and pay them back. But usually theyll help me out with finding peoples lawns to mow, also I used to go to local computer stores and help them, I actually worked at one up the street for a year. As for Mickey D's..im not sure if I can work there or what? I think 16 is it in NJ, i may give em a call, any money is money. Also, try to ref at a local field, start off for free and let em notice ya, works for me. A lot of times also I will say to my family to help me out with something moneywise, and make it like my birthday present, although I get no presents on Christmas morning, :p , going to tournaments is much more worth it to me. As for trading and selling...worked like a charm for me, got a cocker for 250, timed it, sold it for 385, things like that man, theyll get ya somewhere.

JT2002
10-12-2003, 12:48 AM
or, get a job at a local pizza restaurant at 14, start at 5 an hr, after 1 1/2 yr work up to 6.50, pay for pb, and get all the free pizza, drinks, (and when the boss isnt around) free italian dinner you could want!! :D ahhh, the magic of working in a pizza place, free food, free eating contest :rolleyes: , free food free food, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm . i did do 9 slices in one night, and they were some thick sicilian variety kinds of slices too :D man was i stuffed when i left that night. ate so much crispano pizza i was burping red pepper scent all nite long! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D :D :cool:

FreakBaller12
10-12-2003, 08:56 AM
get all passionate and caring for your workplace liek jt2002;) :p

sneakyhacker420
10-12-2003, 09:31 AM
i'm 14 and have a job at my local grocery store making $6 an hour to stock shelves and straighten cans and whatnot on the shelves

the job sucks IMO, but its good money

thats how i afforded each and every one of the guns features in my signature... including the pride of hte fleet - the Micro-E :D

Big_Chops
10-12-2003, 10:10 AM
u could maybe work as a janitor at your school during the summer. and jt only 9 pieces i once seen a 14 year old kid eat 21 big new yorker pieces, 5 sodas and 2 orders of breadsticks. i got sick from watching devour all that like is was a snack

Goldie D Pimp
10-12-2003, 10:21 AM
When it comes to fast food, pizza is the way to go! It's not a greasy as a lot of the other jobs! I had every fast food job available through high school and early college.

Pizza was the only one I could stand!..

DJBacon06
10-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Jeremy...if you try hard enough to get money, you will.

put up posters to advertise your lawn care...wash cars...you can get a job when you are 14 at win dixie...there really are lots of things you can do, you just have to think, and try.

Oh yeah, and i know your mom doesn't pay for anything...but, i bet you, if you show your willingness to at least attempt to pay for your own stuff, your mom and/or dad will step forward and try to help.

NJPaint
10-12-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm 17, parents refuse to pay for anything, always have. I build computers and buy/sell parts.

tony3
10-12-2003, 10:37 AM
I dont know how I afford it:( I pretty much get money every way possible. My parents help me out sometimes, never on gear though, only on playing. But yeah, Summer=umpiring baseball, and I watch a dog and 3 cats sometimes. Pretty much all the odd jobs you could want. I'm going to start buying and selling though.

Jeremizzle
10-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Yay! i'll try some of those!!

americanpsycoX
10-12-2003, 08:16 PM
chops, wasnt that big matt? i remember you always used to tell me and shane about that. you stopped telling us when we cut of 3 of your fingers and put them in your chile!!!!

10-12-2003, 09:13 PM
I would try to find a good place to play outlaw ball. This cuts down the costs of play.

Do you play any other sports such as hockey or baseball? If you do look into becoming a certified referee/ump. They make ridiculously good money and most leagues have a very low age limit. I ref roller hockey and I make $15 in 45 minutes.