PDA

View Full Version : I'm Famous! I made it on Paintball.com!

Koosh
10-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Heheh...

I know probably half of you out there have too, but hey, its a big accomplishment for a rec baller like me. And you know its sad because I didn't really "make it" there, I just had my head in one picture in a story about Scenario games in Colorado.

So without further ado, I give you My Head, and the Stiffi barrel I won there. I would be in another pic too, holding an Aradus barrel I won back in April, but didn't know he was taking a group pic of the winners...meh.

http://paintball.com/features/story.cfm?placementID=2418&aid=1795&clickon=DB

The Deacon
10-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty sure they were trying to cut you out as much as possible. I'm a lot more prominent in the photo I'm in!

mag-hatter
10-12-2003, 12:49 AM
thats pretty awesome. i was on tv like 2 times, and in the newspaper about 4 times. i was on the front cover of the california section of the l.a. times once too :D

Grasshopper
10-12-2003, 01:34 AM
I was in the background of a 3 minute news report eating coloflower(sp?). It was just after a huge wave went through the bottom of my house.

'Gratz!

DiRTyBuNNy
10-12-2003, 02:03 AM
I was on the cover of the April 01' issue of Paintball Sports International..been on tv a bunch of times for different things too (that's my non-pb related claim to fame)..

Alonzo
10-12-2003, 02:26 AM
That's nothing.

My friend's step-brother's father's brother's coach's son's cousin's formal roomate KNOWS a PRO paintball player.

Well, no... Not really... But CONGRADULATIONS Koosh!

tony3
10-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Im not famous:( My name was mentioned in the newspaper like 1000 times last year for basketball...but otherwise, im a nobody

kosmo
10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
I was the guy with a mullet wearing a wife beater on cops getting arrested for a "domestic disturbance". Wernt my fault, she dun started it, but my brother Ricky Fred gone dun told em it was my moonshine still that caused the whole hoe down in the first place when it was really his.

WARPED1
10-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I was on the cover of the April 01' issue of Paintball Sports International..been on tv a bunch of times for different things too (that's my non-pb related claim to fame).. On TV? Was it COPS?:p

DiRTyBuNNy
10-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Nope...wasn't COPS...keep guessing..

WarBUCKs
10-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Nope...wasn't COPS...keep guessing..

Well, if it wasn't Springer or Judge Judy, I would have no clue!

WARPED1
10-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Nope...wasn't COPS...keep guessing.. Jerry Springer episode #0042 "Midget hookers and the bunnies who love them"?:D

edweird
10-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Paintball.com is a master of cutting people out of pics... silly bastards took some sweet pics of our 7 man team at IAO last year and everyone that I would of been in they cropped it so only 6 of us were in it.

http://paintball.com/photos/galleries/IAO/2003/7man/aftica.jpg

Yep hat is supposed to be me on the right side.

Clare
10-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Yep hat is supposed to be me on the right side.

Awwww.. what we do see of you is fabulous, though! :p

KornKamp02
10-12-2003, 02:54 PM
LOL, how 'bout we see a pic of Claire! Oh, wait, I can find those anywhere :p . I wouldn't have a chance at getting a pic of me because I just play w/ friends in his back yard :rolleyes:

SyntaxError
10-12-2003, 06:33 PM
I got some pics online, but man the cameras love me at events! I have like 5 pictures of me alone from GPL today, plus videos of me A) playing B) Bunkering people C) yelling at refs and D) Giving the camera the finger after they tried to zoom in on my hurt teammate who was bleeding from a 5 inch gash on his leg. He's alright though, so its all good.

10-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Can you sign my nipple?:)

edweird
10-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

Awwww.. what we do see of you is fabulous, though! :p

Thnak you clare... But I think they were not trying to break their camera

wobbles82
10-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Funny thing is cameras dont break to that kind of stuff...been there done that, lol. Heres a pic of when we beat RM at NJ..I have yet to describe that in Claires forums like everyone asked..maybe I should get onto that? Maybe, its not a big deal to me, but I was happy. Theres more pics on paintball.com, but I like how my name is just like KABLAMO! :D

Dayspring
10-13-2003, 12:28 PM
That was your teammate? Damn. I saw what he looked like AFTER it all.

Glad to hear he's ok.

And for the camera crew- they're going to send us the tape of one of our games. It was a FUN game. :D

Originally posted by SyntaxError
I got some pics online, but man the cameras love me at events! I have like 5 pictures of me alone from GPL today, plus videos of me A) playing B) Bunkering people C) yelling at refs and D) Giving the camera the finger after they tried to zoom in on my hurt teammate who was bleeding from a 5 inch gash on his leg. He's alright though, so its all good.

Muzikman
10-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by mag-hatter
thats pretty awesome. i was on tv like 2 times, and in the newspaper about 4 times. i was on the front cover of the california section of the l.a. times once too :D

Who did you have to kill to be put on the front page?:)

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman

Who did you have to kill to be put on the front page?:) I bet it was just a Rodney King style run in with the LAPD..............:D

SyntaxError
10-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
That was your teammate? Damn. I saw what he looked like AFTER it all.

Glad to hear he's ok.

And for the camera crew- they're going to send us the tape of one of our games. It was a FUN game. :D

Yeah, I hear he needs some stitches but he'll be ok. They really over-dramatized it with the ambulance and stretcher and everything, but it was a pretty nasty cut.

On the other hand, the camera crew only got one of our games this time, where we got rolled by Next Level Factory. The last tournament they have footage of me pulling a hot run through though, I can't wait for that.