PDA

View Full Version : LX Problem ==> Mushroomed Bolt

sneakyhacker420
10-12-2003, 07:59 AM
i had my LX kit in my classic valve for about a month and a half, and then i got my retrovalve, and got the LX to work on the retro

i've probably put all of 3 cases through the classic and 6-7 on the retro so far, but last week it jammed up in the chrono

i took the gun apart, removed the valve, and the bolt just stayed put

so i grabbed a dowel and hammer, and after a few good hits, it finally dropped out

i tried putting it back in, but it wouldn't fit past the spring retaining washer

i don't know if AGD covers this over warranty or whatever, but would they replace my LX bolt because the aluminum tip on it mushroomed and won't work anymore?

any help would be greatly appreciated

-Sneaky

tony3
10-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Damn dude, that sucks, hopefully agd will do something for ya

sneakyhacker420
10-12-2003, 09:11 AM
yup

atleast i have my micro-e with a good LX bolt for now

sniper1rfa
10-12-2003, 09:13 AM
try deburring the inside of the retaining washer. That burr of old problem might have cropped up while you were actually using the LX, as opposed to before like so many people reported.

i doubt the bolt would mushroom, its stainless, and it doesnt hit anything to make it mushroom. :-)

sneakyhacker420
10-12-2003, 09:30 AM
the very tip of it is made of aluminum, or so i have heard atleast

and i an not going to even think of touching my old skool minimag pump body with anything but a cloth diaper and metal polish :D

sniper1rfa
10-12-2003, 09:55 AM
no, the whole bolt is s/s.

I can pretty much guaruntee that there is a burr inside your body. Deburring it is simple, i would at least try it.

sneakyhacker420
10-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
no, the whole bolt is s/s.

I can pretty much guaruntee that there is a burr inside your body. Deburring it is simple, i would at least try it.

but my lvl 7 bolt still works fine if that has anything to do with it

the bolt refuses to work in my vert feed minimag body also, so its gotta be something with the bolt

i've heard a few reports of this happening to other people, including one of my friends at the local field

tony3
10-12-2003, 02:57 PM
lets see some pics of it

LaW
10-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

but my lvl 7 bolt still works fine if that has anything to do with it

the bolt refuses to work in my vert feed minimag body also, so its gotta be something with the bolt

i've heard a few reports of this happening to other people, including one of my friends at the local field

THE LVL10 bolt is larger then the lvl7 bolt..... the slightest burr could cause your problem