PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket rof indicator???

CpSuPeRkId
10-12-2003, 03:31 PM
i was just thinking one day. for those of us who dont have or want lcds and those of us who dont have access to red chrono, why cant somebody make an aftermarket rof indicator???? i always liked to see how fast i am shooting. i still dont like lcds because i like simplicity but i will admit that the acheived rof on trixes and angels is pretty cool. now wouldnt it be easy for a company to make a sound/vibration activated rof indicator that you just clamp onto some part of your gun or hopper or something??? it wouldnt need to work like the red chronos where it actually sees the paintballs with radar or anything like that. it would cost too much money like those 100 dollar hand chronos. if somebody can make a 50 dollar hopper with sound activation, i think it would be cheap and easy to make a rof indicator that would cost about 20 bucks. you would just flip a switch, rip on your gun with or without paint, and it would sense the vibrations and tell you how many bps you shot using a simple led display. i mean it would be easy to make, cheap, and very cool to have. i know poeple would buy it too..... i dunno just an idea i had.....

adam shannon
10-12-2003, 03:36 PM
the big problem is that those rof chronos and lcd readouts dont really average true rof. they only average a couple shots, not your actual sustained rof...so for a nano second you may be shooting 17bps...but the rest of that one second you can be at 8bps...but the readout will say 17 if those are the two shots it averaged. and this problem is what leads to pissant little kids smack talking about how fast they think they shoot.

a sound activated rof meter would be nice as long as it measures for a full second...not just an average of any 2 shots.

CpSuPeRkId
10-12-2003, 03:41 PM
well why not have 2 modes?? one for the fastest 2 shots which is basically the bs mode so poeple can see that their guns can at least shoot that fast and one mode that actually covers a whole second to see how many ACTUAL BALLS PER SECOND you can crank out. that would seriously be cool. the rof indicator was the only mode i cared for or used on my good ol' ir3. it would just be cool if everybody that has a paintball gun, electro or not, could see how fast they are shooting.

Mossman
10-12-2003, 05:28 PM
problem is if you did it by sound it wouldn't factor in missed shots. I think it'd be pretty sweet if you made a thing with little eyes that went into 2 ports of your barrel across from each other, and scanned like a billion trillion times a second and reported the most times they saw anything in a full 1 second period. This wouldnt work if you broke paint, but that'd be a wicked cool indicator jus for screwing around.

CpSuPeRkId
10-12-2003, 09:56 PM
mossman- what do u mean by it not factoring missed shots??? i just dont understand what u mean. are u saying it wouldnt count dry fires??? because if its sound activated it still would. as long as its shooting at all it will work fine. if i didnt understand what u were saying then please help me understand what u meant.

danheneise
10-12-2003, 11:07 PM
hmmm, i didn't read the other posts but i was just thinking mabye make somesort of lcd eye that looks through a drilled out hole on the feedneck or the powertube hole on the top and displays a rof number on the lcd , so you just look right at your feedneck and know how fast your shooting, or even use something similar to the ricochet sensor that is like a flap that the balls rub past (wow that didn't sound right) and they activate the counter. would it be possible to get the electronics small enough though?

oh and shouldn't this be in deep blue?