PDA

View Full Version : Learn Hayabusa Here!!

CasingBill
10-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Since a lot of people have no idea what a Hayabusa is and I still get asked all the time, I thought I would post this informative video for you all out of the pure kindness of my heart.:D

#10 on the Learning Channel Speed list

Hayabusa on the Learning Channel (http://www.lasvegashardcoreriders.com/images/busa.wmv)

Enjoy! I know I do.:D

MiniMag84
10-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Do you actually own one of those beasts?

jdev
10-12-2003, 06:23 PM
wow, thats rediculous.

there is no need for even me to do 190+ on anything with a motor.. and im a speed freak, complete with license revocations.. (well, only 1 for speeding.. but it was a minor infraction. feel free to ask me about my first ticket ever.. $685 for speeding.. )

CasingBill
10-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MiniMag84
Do you actually own one of those beasts?

Oh yeah!!! Its a 2001 black and silver. Luv it.

CasingBill
10-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by joey d
wow, thats rediculous.

there is no need for even me to do 190+ on anything with a motor.. and im a speed freak, complete with license revocations.. (well, only 1 for speeding.. but it was a minor infraction. feel free to ask me about my first ticket ever.. $685 for speeding.. )

Even though you're a red sox fan I will still chat with you. :D
I also had one of those tickets. 94 in a 55 in my mustang. handcuffed, searched, car searched and straight to court at 7:30 AM, wake up the judge. $480 later i was free to go. 10 points on my license(out of 11 allowed)

RobAGD
10-12-2003, 06:36 PM
I take it you have your Organ donor card filled out and have told you family right ? :D

-Robert

FooTemps
10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Er... so what's the top speed without the limiter? why don't we toss in another gear? lol

CasingBill
10-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
I take it you have your Organ donor card filled out and have told you family right ? :D

-Robert

Of course I do....LOL

Seriously though. All bikes demand some respect. If you don't they will make you.

CasingBill
10-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Er... so what's the top speed without the limiter? why don't we toss in another gear? lol

Its very easy to bypass the limiter. In general, 194mph is the max I have heard. I'm too scared to go that fast.

It will do almost 80 in 1st gear though.

jdev
10-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by CasingBill

Even though you're a red sox fan I will still chat with you. :D
I also had one of those tickets. 94 in a 55 in my mustang. handcuffed, searched, car searched and straight to court at 7:30 AM, wake up the judge. $480 later i was free to go. 10 points on my license(out of 11 allowed)

dont let what team i root for fool ya, im still a reasonable person to chat with. :D

heres the story on my ticket:

driving south on route 3. doing 115 (speed limit is 55) me and a friend were racing back to my house, just for fun. we were weaving in and out of traffic, light traffic mind you. also, i just got my license in october. this was my first car on the road (1984 olds. delta 88)

apparently, we dusted by a state trooper doing 115. at that speed, you dont really pay attention to the markings on vehicles, you drive, both hands on the wheel (or one on the wheel, one on the gearshift, if you drive standard) and pay attention to the road.

well, cop took a few minutes to catch up to us. in the time it took him to do so, he clocked us doing 95 in a 55, driving in the breakdown lane, and failing to use signals (even though i always use signals.. seriously, its a pet peeve of mine; people who dont)

anyways, the trooper pulls both of us over. (fyi, its december, just after xmas) I roll my driverside window down. apparently, i pulled over still too close to the line of traffic going by, so the officer came to my passenger door, dove in my front seat, ripped the keys out of the ignition, and searched my car (there were baggies from the new radio i just installed that i got for xmas). he slammed my door, went back to his car.

im freezing. my window cant go up, electronic windows. i had the spare key on me, but rather than chance anything, i left the window down.

cop comes back, no joke 45mins-hour later after being in his car and hands me and my friend tickets.

speeding
driving to endanger
failure to signal
and it also said (BDL)

now, never having a ticket before, i thought it meant being a dumb lameass.. i then quickly realized it meant breakdown lane violation.

anyways. theres no appealing this baby to the magistrate. gotta go to court and deal with it. my friend decides to hire a lawyer. he pays over $700 for his ticket (same offenses) while i get off with $685.

yes. ive learned my lesson. yes, i know 115 in a 55 is stupid. yes, i know it was wrong, so before all of you bleeding heart people reply to this to tell me, keep in mind im not 17 anymore. thanks :)

suprisingly, i didnt get my license taken for this. my first (of 4) times I had my license taken, was for a broken tail light (surchargeable event on my insurance. dont pass go, dont get to drive for 30 days.. )

anywhoo, thats my story. :D

jdev
10-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CasingBill

Of course I do....LOL

Seriously though. All bikes demand some respect. If you don't they will make you.

agreed.

i used to own several dirtbikes. while they do not quite hit such high speeds, you make a small mistake on it, you'll feel it in the morning.. and think twice about doing it again.

a friend once told me one of the best quotes when it comes to motorcycles:

there are 2 types of people when it comes to motorcycles. those who have fallen, and those that will

AFRaven
10-12-2003, 07:08 PM
I just got back from riding my dirtbikes today. Only fell once today, dusted off, got back on, and resumed at about 60 mph. And yes, motorcycles will mess you up if you aren't careful. One time, while riding single-track (off-road with one lane about 3 feet wide), My handlebar clipped a tree, the wheel spun, and I flew. Luckily the bike and I were both okay, but it could have been much worse.

RenagadeOfFunk
10-12-2003, 07:09 PM
...im scared... ever race a pinatball ;)...it would be cool to go and follow right next to one...and WATCH IT FLLLLLLLYYYYYYY

CasingBill
10-12-2003, 07:22 PM
I have been riding and falling off dirtbikes since I was 6. I have no plans on falling with the busa. Pavement is much harder than dirt and it costs too much to fix. In general I ride pretty conservatively.