PDA

View Full Version : finally bought a mag!

jdaniels
10-12-2003, 06:33 PM
hey guys i finally got my mag. It looks to be in good shape and it works fine, no leaking that i can hear.

68 automag.
Some things i have noticed. Its super quiet without paint, but as soon as i shoot balls though it is sounds like a freakin gun. The paint is a little small for the barrel but the barrel has no ports and has this little muzzle break at the end. I dont know how to post pics. the gun does have 3 stars on it. How can i tell when this thing was made and what valve it has in it. I am getting a manual from AGD. What do i need to look as and i have been reading about valve replecement program, what in a nutshell is that and can it help me out.

this board seems to be full of great people who will talk to you.
thanks

Dayspring
10-12-2003, 08:34 PM
The valve trade is this

You send AGD your classic valve & $225. They send you an Xvalve. It's an aluminum ReTro valve that comes stock with the level 10 anti-chop system. One thing to think of is that Xvalves are Nitro ONLY.

PyRo
10-12-2003, 11:17 PM
No porting means your barrel will be louder, but more efficant with gas. Who wants a quiet gun anyway? For the paint the only thing you can do is get bigger paint, or buy another barrel. I'm assuming you probably have a stock barrel, or a crown point, somthing similar. Your valve should say right on the side of it what it is, its probably just a classic valve (says 68 automag, classic, or minimag they are all the same thing). If if has stars it isn't too old.

abunkerer
10-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Automags,like Most guns, can be made to shoot really quiet just by adding a ported barrel. I have a couple of barrels that can quiet that gun down for you if you are interested. Also, have you thought of upgrading the body?
check out this link:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=107015

PyRo
10-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Just remember porting whores more gas, and a good paint-barrel match will make your gun more gas efficant, more accurate (than a barrel thats too big).

jdaniels
10-17-2003, 11:05 AM
thanks guys for all the info. I am trying to decide what i want right now. I currently shoot a spyder which i love and i am going to upgrade this mag slowly. I want to replace the valve with x valve but then i need hpa which i done run now. Barrel up grade more importantly. After i get this done i will be looking for body upgrades and such. but after the body upgrade then i need to get a new barrel so the cycle continues. what do you guys do in situations like this. this forum is a valuable source of info.

thanks

PyRo
10-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah, HPA is the first thing you should do for your mag.

abunkerer
10-17-2003, 04:06 PM
I just buy everything, drain the accounts and max the credit cards, that is the only way. Paintball is too fun to mess around with "Spyders", sell it and put money into your mag. It will give $$ back in performance. Nitro is the only way to go, if money is the problem get a steel preset for about 70$. Also you can upgrade the body without having to switch from the twist lock barrels, as long as you don't buy a ULE...but those are sweet I have one on my emag, best 150$ I've spent so far...but anyway if you have a stock non powerfeed body and want to upgrade to,lets say, a chrome right powerfeed body, and still keep using automag barrels, then I think that we could work something out:p :)

jdaniels
10-17-2003, 04:13 PM
no i already have a power feed. but thanks. my bun came with a benchmark double trigger. I heard that this had a lot of slop in it which it does but i can still fire this thing almost as fast as an electro. Where can i put some stop screws on this frame to make it a little less slopy.