PDA

View Full Version : WAS Equalizer Rat Impulse = claimed "25 bps" (video clip)

Jack & Coke
10-12-2003, 10:41 PM
F.Y.I.

http://www.forceofnature.com/ads/adview.php?what=rat&clientid=46&n=afb66bb5

Video => http://www.forceofnature.com/ads/adclick.php?n=afb66bb5

Automaggin2
10-12-2003, 11:11 PM
was it 25 BPS?

Jack & Coke
10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
I didn't check... but that guy kept claiming it "tested" at 25 bps... interesting as the loader they were using usually tops out at 20-23 bps.:rolleyes:

DiRTyBuNNy
10-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Yes..and I'm sure there was no bounce involved...because WAS has de-bounce..:rolleyes:

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-12-2003, 11:36 PM
it comes with blah blah blah...KAY!

Anyone else catch that guy's repetitive KAY!

Grasshopper
10-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]

Anyone else catch that guy's repetitive KAY!
Yea, a friend showed that and I was wondering why he kept saying Kay. It angered me beyond words.

Jack & Coke
10-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Maybe he's a crazy Canuk with an accent?

http://sctv.org/characters/mckenzie/bobanddoug.gif

...but says "keh" instead of "eh"?

http://sctv.org/characters/mckenzie/doug.wav

heftylefty
10-12-2003, 11:50 PM
wow htat guy said "m kay" ALOT lol. i think im said letting go of my imp now:(. i want an equalizer board just cuz of that vid. im sure he set the debounce on 1.

Jon/xpm
10-12-2003, 11:51 PM
NO BOUNCE GUYS
this was at chicago open
and the refs checked their guns...

it is possible to get 25bps
but with full auto... :)
maybe they got super duper haloz :)

Ov3rmind
10-13-2003, 12:03 AM
I don't understand what all the hoopla is about, plenty of guns are still faster.

Jack & Coke
10-13-2003, 12:03 AM
...maybe he shoehorned a spare Equalizer into his halo... m..kay?

Mossman
10-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Jack and coke, it's OK to state your opinion, buy try to lay off the sarcasm...Akay?

It's obviously because of the slick shot hammer shaft, from the factory, Mkay? Oh, and the lightened body and rounded back help to lower the recipramacating mass, Ahkay?

~WarpedRT#2~
10-13-2003, 12:19 AM
KAY! ahahhahha!

Man, it's one of those things that you hear, and it almost drives you to insanity if you hear it anymore. It's great, or maybe I just like that feeling too much...

Jack & Coke
10-13-2003, 12:38 AM
It's like listening to a rapper give an interview on MTV where every other sentence ends with:

"y'know wha I'm sayin..."

http://www.beastiemania.com/whois/public_enemy/public_enemy.jpg

speedyejl
10-13-2003, 12:47 AM
dude there was a guy on that vid who kept saying kay...

Mossman
10-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by speedyejl
dude there was a guy on that vid who kept saying kay...
no way! where? what was the time exactly, I'm gonna skip right to it.

speedyejl
10-13-2003, 01:06 AM
1:38

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Good god.... it's scary a marker can shoot like that

Jack & Coke
10-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Here's the Cliff Notes version of the clip...

(zipped mp3 audio file)

:p

Fanatic
10-13-2003, 02:25 AM
5 em-Kay and 1 aight!

SIGSays
10-13-2003, 07:08 AM
hoit dayum!

-=Squid=-
10-13-2003, 07:58 AM
You do realize that in bursts, halos can far exceed shooting 22-23 bps? And on there website, its claimed you could shoot in a quick burst of 50bps, and it could feed? Granted, I dont know the truth to that and havent watched the vid...so im gonna stfu now.

Prairie
10-13-2003, 10:14 AM
It's because 99% of paintball companies out there suck incredibly hard @ promotion.

DYE and OTB are about the only ones with actual reps who can push a product.

Skoad
10-13-2003, 10:18 AM
he was shooting faster than i can, thats all i can tell

speedyejl
10-13-2003, 10:24 AM
With debounce 1 on you can shoot just like him. Heck you can even shoot 25bps with your left hand!

FreshmanBob
10-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Jim Drew actually has a special halo from odessy thats made to feed faster, just for testing. They don't sell it because theres no point, no ones out shooting halos anyway

wobbles82
10-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Ya know...first me was thinking..ok most majors teams are gonna give up Impulses and they will be a thing in the past (not that they are bad guns). And here we go, they come roaring back at a supposedly 25 BPS and a Mr.Mackey to go with it...darn the luck..

MarkM
10-13-2003, 12:45 PM
I watched the video and on one of the second view of the Impules being fired the guy doing it shifted the position of his hand ...the rate of fire didn't drop!! Something isn't legally set on that marker...the Eclipse Blade trigger is good but not that good...

Ultimator
10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

(zipped mp3 audio file)

:p LMAO ... that was hilarious.

KAY?

-=Squid=-
10-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MarkM
I watched the video and on one of the second view of the Impules being fired the guy doing it shifted the position of his hand ...the rate of fire didn't drop!! Something isn't legally set on that marker...the Eclipse Blade trigger is good but not that good... Correct you are....however, I dont think that was 25 bps...didnt seem much faster than I can walk my angel. Looked more like 17 or so to me.

Beemer
10-13-2003, 02:13 PM
That guy was was having a flash back or something, the way he kept saying the Wizards name.{Tom KAY} kay kay kay roflmfao.

Jon/xpm
10-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Guy this has already been posted on the pbn boards
their was no bounce and they took all the bounce OUTTTTT!
they were at psp chicago open
you think refs will let em bounce...
nope
like the team members said...
they used thous guns they shot in the video did not change anything and the refs check their guns really good for bounce and could not get them to bounce
SO NO BOUNCE :)
this is the facts :)

here is a post from titan who has been shooting the was board in the impy
Is it actually shooting that fast or is it bounce?
That's my favorite part. We set the guns up you see in the videos and played with them as well so bounce is not an issue. We tuned all the bounce out of them. The refs had checked the guns several times through out the day to make sure it wasn't bouncing. NO ref could get these guns to bounce. Any major event you go to now will be making sure your marker will not bounce and they are very picky now too!

-=Squid=-
10-13-2003, 04:49 PM
If there is no bounce, not that I support such an option, then whats the point? No way he pulled his finger 25 times in one second...if there is ZERO bounce, then you could do that with any board capped at 25 bps or higher. Der.

speedyejl
10-13-2003, 04:58 PM
Keep in mind Impulses have a good deal of bounce, otherwise thats a pretty good point.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-13-2003, 05:43 PM
so if he's walking the trigger at 25bps that means that each of his two walking fingers is pulling the trigger at a constant 12.5bps EACH...yeah..right...I believe that..NOT!

GT
10-13-2003, 06:14 PM
What did he say?

"The freak is the highest rated barrel on the market." Yea I call bs on that one.

Most of that vid those guys cant shoot all that quick. BTW guys if you listen to what was actually said you would have heard him say "tested on full auto at 25bps." I don’t recall those intelligent fellas say that there were shooting 25bps.

Poor guy I could hear his brain resetting every time I heard him say “unnkay.”

:)

tony3
10-13-2003, 06:31 PM
re-watch the videos guys, "you are looking at actual 25bps FULL AUTO test"he never claimed to shoot 25 bps semi, he said full auto

Also guys, do you really need to diss imps so much? Imps are actually good guns believe it or not!:eek:

~WarpedRT#2~
10-13-2003, 06:37 PM
LOL! Jack & Coke, I think the guy on the right of that picture is Spike Lee! Talk about funny!! For some reason I just didnt expect to ever see his face here.

MarkM
10-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by tony3
re-watch the videos guys, "you are looking at actual 25bps FULL AUTO test"he never claimed to shoot 25 bps semi, he said full auto

Also guys, do you really need to diss imps so much? Imps are actually good guns believe it or not!:eek:

I wasn't bashing Imps...and yes they said it was capable of 25bps in full auto but why was the guy practising walking his fingers before he tried to fire the Imp if all he had to do was hold the trigger? What is the point of firing a marker that is set in full auto and trying make it look like you are actually pulling the trigger? Hype or stupidity?

DK1
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
I took samples at three or four different spots of varying lengths... most of the shooting in that vid is around 14-15, with some at maybe 16. It's hard to really tell sometimes, there's a lot of reverb from the balls hitting the wall. But it's not crazy fast... though that's not really the gun's fault.

DK1

sneakyhacker420
10-13-2003, 07:35 PM
thats it, i'm keeping my impulse, no more trading for the e-orracle :eek:

i dont care if its full auto, but i want shot buffering on my already SICK impulse

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 07:45 PM
All you AO zombies doubt any gun that claims to shoot faster than you're holier-than-thou EMag.
It was already determined that there was no bounce, yet you all insist it must be bouncing. In the video I saw the guy never claimed he was shooting 25BPS, but it was tested on full auto at 25 BPS.
Yall need to calm your butts down and realize that there are some faster guns than the EMag.

Jon/xpm
10-13-2003, 08:12 PM
WARPED1-thanks :)

-=Squid=-
10-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
All you AO zombies doubt any gun that claims to shoot faster than you're holier-than-thou EMag.
It was already determined that there was no bounce, yet you all insist it must be bouncing. In the video I saw the guy never claimed he was shooting 25BPS, but it was tested on full auto at 25 BPS.
Yall need to calm your butts down and realize that there are some faster guns than the EMag. Like the shocker :o

Jon/xpm
10-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Feels like the same thing over again with the viking...

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm
WARPED1-thanks :) Your welcome, not everybody here is a zombie. Just most of the newer people who are like 13 and think they know it all.
And Squid, the 03 Shocker I was using saturday was spitting out 18bps strings, it may not be faster that the EMag, but plenty fast enough for my needs.

-=Squid=-
10-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Your welcome, not everybody here is a zombie. Just most of the newer people who are like 13 and think they know it all.
And Squid, the 03 Shocker I was using saturday was spitting out 18bps strings, it may not be faster that the EMag, but plenty fast enough for my needs. Wasnt mentioning the 03 shocker :) Sorry, just knew you were always a shocker fan, just a bit o ribbin' :)

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 10:22 PM
No harm, no foule Squiddy! I do own a shoebox, the 03 I was using was a friends!

Ov3rmind
10-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

(zipped mp3 audio file)

:p
ROFL J&C!

Jack & Coke
10-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

ROFL J&C!

Man I busta gut every time I listen to that clip! :p

fcpchop
10-13-2003, 11:28 PM
the cliff notes were great

Fuji
10-14-2003, 12:28 AM
WARPED1 No harm, no foule Squiddy! I do own a shoebox, the 03 I was using was a friends!
Damn, that shoe box sure looks familiar! I miss playing with 'ol faithful.

Snapps
10-14-2003, 01:24 AM
You guys dont fuss over the trix users who are able to sustain extremely high rates of fire for short bursts(over 20bps)
I dont hear you guys fussing at all the timmy users who can sustain extremely high rates of fire for short periods(over 20bps)
why is it so hard to believe that an Imp is capable of reaching 25bps without bounce by a user, especially by the guys who have claimed that there is no bounce, or illegal settings during the test fire?

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Snapps
You guys dont fuss over the trix users who are able to sustain extremely high rates of fire for short bursts(over 20bps)
I dont hear you guys fussing at all the timmy users who can sustain extremely high rates of fire for short periods(over 20bps)
why is it so hard to believe that an Imp is capable of reaching 25bps without bounce by a user, especially by the guys who have claimed that there is no bounce, or illegal settings during the test fire? Because most, not all, AO'ers refuse to believe a gun can shoot as fast as thier Emags. Intimidators are accepted because thay are the fad gun right now.

MarkM
10-14-2003, 05:19 AM
I own a couple of mags (no e-mag) a 'cocker, a shocker and a couple of Angels plus a couple of pump markers so I ain't part of the regular "hating" childrens section (the 13yr olds talking big annoy me aswell, I am way pass that age). Testing a marker at Full Auto is fine...firing it at such a setting is fine (not on the field of course) but to say nothing as to how something was set AND to imply that you (you, as in the person in the video) were pulling the trigger fast (never said it wasn't 25bps) is crazy. Somewhat like the Vids that have appeared of varying 'mags (and other markers) bouncing like crazy and the person doing it says in the video.."Hey look at this" well that isn't good nor big and clever. Promote a product by all means but do it so there can be no doubt as to it credentials...my second post in this thread commented on the firing of the Impulse (you could insert any marker name in here as the same comment would be made by me) The person firing it was firing fast and in mid string shifted the position of his hand and the marker didn't miss a shot...strange? Everytime I do that or watch others do the same thing the string of shots changes.....

Beemer
10-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Watch the Wizards{TK AGD} vid He demos the lvl 10 bolt full auto 25 per sec holds the trig. Some miss feeds no breaks.

Beemer
10-14-2003, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WARPED1
Yall need to calm your butts down and realize that there are some faster guns than the EMag.[QUOTE]

No zombie here. See The Wizards{TK AGD} demo vid of the lvl 10 bolt. Shoots full auto 25 sps holds the trig in. No breaks. As you will see it wont feed that fast.
As far as faster guns go I have Toms red phone,phone number and will double check this. I think he can get 30 sps but you cant feed paint that fast sooooooooo.

-=Squid=-
10-14-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Snapps
why is it so hard to believe that an Imp is capable of reaching 25bps without bounce by a user, especially by the guys who have claimed that there is no bounce, or illegal settings during the test fire? Because for those guns to attain such high rates of fire, there has to be bounce. Its not physically possible for one to actually pull a trigger 20 times in one second. You have to be stupid not to realize this, but if there is no bounce, there is NO point because any crappy ole board thats capped at 25 bps will shoot, guess what, just as fast as that. Zing!

P4ULuk
10-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Because for those guns to attain such high rates of fire, there has to be bounce. Its not physically possible for one to actually pull a trigger 20 times in one second. You have to be stupid not to realize this, but if there is no bounce, there is NO point because any crappy ole board thats capped at 25 bps will shoot, guess what, just as fast as that. Zing!
Really?
Set an angel to a MROF of 17, now try it again setting it to 20, see which you actually hit 17 on.
What I'm getting at here is in most boards the rof setting also dictates how often the trigger is checked for a pull (Angel set at 13 will check the trigger 13 times in 1 second). The was boards are apparently checked 1 million times per second.

Paul

-=Squid=-
10-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by P4ULuk

Really?
Set an angel to a MROF of 17, now try it again setting it to 20, see which you actually hit 17 on.
What I'm getting at here is in most boards the rof setting also dictates how often the trigger is checked for a pull (Angel set at 13 will check the trigger 13 times in 1 second). The was boards are apparently checked 1 million times per second.

Paul
:) Whats that have to do with anything? Did you understand what I said? Half of WAS is just numbers to make there products look better anyways, ask anybody. My point is this. If there is no bounce, set a WAS imp up, shoot it as fast as you can, then slap a different board capped at the same thing, in the same impulse. Both will shoot just as fast. Not that I support bounce, but its no better than any other board without it.

Matt_mg
10-14-2003, 10:02 AM
WAS board will have their own eyes mmmkay? And plus if you want to upgrade from a normal board like me youre not giving money to SP mmmkay? mmmkay?

Were being mean now ;) so i'll be the first to say it: sorry :p

P4ULuk
10-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Whats that have to do with anything? Did you understand what I said? Half of WAS is just numbers to make there products look better anyways, ask anybody. My point is this. If there is no bounce, set a WAS imp up, shoot it as fast as you can, then slap a different board capped at the same thing, in the same impulse. Both will shoot just as fast. Not that I support bounce, but its no better than any other board without it.

lol the point is there is no cap on the was boards.

I've shot the Viking with the stock board in set at 20 bps, I've also set my was'ed viking with the eye bypass max rof at 20 you can easily tell the difference!

Paul

CpSuPeRkId
10-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Whats that have to do with anything? Did you understand what I said? Half of WAS is just numbers to make there products look better anyways, ask anybody. My point is this. If there is no bounce, set a WAS imp up, shoot it as fast as you can, then slap a different board capped at the same thing, in the same impulse. Both will shoot just as fast. Not that I support bounce, but its no better than any other board without it. first of all, yes WAS is just numbers.... u know why? because thats what makes his products so good. and you dont see to understand the concept of a was board with no bounce. it will STILL be faster than any other board for an imp because no other board scans for trigger pulls and accepts them 1 million+ times a second. even with no bounce the fact that the was board allows the gun to shoot everytime you pull the trigger makes it noticeably faster than any other gun. so P4uluck really was on the right track. he was saying that if you had your rof capped at 12 for example, you probably couldnt even hit 10 if you tried because it is ignoring half of the trigger pulls you make. and you say any other board capped at the same thing as a was board will be just as fast as long as the was board has no bounce?? wrong again. what other board is capped at 1 million+ shots per second???? none. so before you jump on the AO bandwagon claiming WAS's products suck and WAS is full of hype, think again because you are making yourself look stupid.

P4ULuk
10-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
so P4uluck really was on the right track. he was saying that if you had your rof capped at 12 for example, you probably couldnt even hit 10 if you tried because it is ignoring half of the trigger pulls you make.

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make, I guess I didn't make it clearly enough for some:rolleyes:

Paul

DK1
10-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Whats that have to do with anything? Did you understand what I said? Half of WAS is just numbers to make there products look better anyways, ask anybody. My point is this. If there is no bounce, set a WAS imp up, shoot it as fast as you can, then slap a different board capped at the same thing, in the same impulse. Both will shoot just as fast. Not that I support bounce, but its no better than any other board without it.

eh, yes and no. The point of the WAS board is that it won't ever skip a trigger pull, and some boards DO skip some. If you've shot one of the new Bushmasters you'll feel it right off. They don't shoot every time you pull the trigger when you're really getting on it, and they are capped at 36. Reason is, the board only checks for pulls ever 1/36th of a second. So, if you're not pulling at the right time (and who's fingers are that consistent) the board doesn't pick up the pull. WAS boards (and the choas chip for the bushmaster) check the trigger at a 1mhz frequency, or 1 million time a second. Thus, no matter how ganky you pull the trigger, it's going to catch every pull. Then, the shot buffering works the pull in as soon as the timing settings allow. In the Choas chips case, I think it's as far out as 1/4 of a second later with the eye.

That's why normal boards are very highly affected by their caps. It's very very hard to max out a normal board if it's capped at 20, but there are people in the world that can hit 20 if the board recognizes every pull. Not that I've seen anyone capable of sustaining it, but in shorts burts it's possible.

Basically, the WAS board's trigger cap is 1 million/sec. The guns mechanics and pneumatics are the limiting factors. And you're fingers. But for a lot of boards, the cap is 20, and you'll have a really hard time hitting it not only because of your fingers, but because you'd have to pull the trigger exactly every .050 sec to get the board to register them all.

Board caps make it easy to tell if someone's using bounce though. The shots come out way too even...

DK1

btw, squid, the guy that makes the Chaos board lives in LR, I've talked to him about it a couple of times... it's really interesting, especially when people start debating what type of "eye" is better...

beam
10-14-2003, 10:51 AM
A fun thing I like to do when someone says they can walk a trigger at 20 bps, is to start tapping the table as if it were a trigger.

Use my three middle fingers and make what kinda sounds like a horse galloping sound. da-da-dit, da-da-dit, da-da-dit. I start slowly and then increase my rate until I am going as fast as I can. Then I realize something....I would need to do 7 three-fingered cycles every second in order to get 21 bps. If I do a two finger walk...I would need to do 10 cycles a second.

So, I admire all you guys who can actually do that.:rolleyes:

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Because for those guns to attain such high rates of fire, there has to be bounce. Its not physically possible for one to actually pull a trigger 20 times in one second. You have to be stupid not to realize this, but if there is no bounce, there is NO point because any crappy ole board thats capped at 25 bps will shoot, guess what, just as fast as that. Zing! Maybe the finger is limited, but this new trend of "shot buffering" makes it a reality.(to shoot faster)

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-14-2003, 12:29 PM
To sum up all of this:

The WAS board is a remarkable board and probably the best out there, able to sustain a ROF and process information quicker than most if not all. I frankly think the Timmys and Trixes set up legitimately or with debounce set real low smoke the XMag, Worrblade, and such. But on that same note, I emailed back and forth with whoever posts as WickedAirSportz and he acknowledged the WAS isn't strong enough to power the needs of the Autococker. So I can understand why Worrblade fans don't think much of WAS boards but that doesn't take away from their abilities in all the Timmy-clones like Impulses. They rip and it's remarkable they are CAPABLE of 30bps without issues..

The debounce is shady because the idea may or may not have been to use it to break the one shot/one pull rule (or not, I don't know and not saying either so don't flame me) and allow the ROFs you see with Timmys that give them their reputation for illegal bounce. Non-WAS people have a legit grievance with that feature, it is easily used for cheating.

And I think most of you misheard the video. They said CAPABLE of 30bps full auto, not that they were using it full auto in the demo. But one or two of them at least had the debounce off, it was obvious. These guys want to sell markers and I don't putit above them to lie. And you're telling me tourney players don't use them with the debounce dropped? I hear stories of NYX chronoing then just pulling up the grips on the field and turning down the debounce. Paintball is full of cheaters, both on the field and behind the counter of stores. Point to a guy who says he can pull the trigger 20 times a second and I'll bet you you can point at a liar too without moving your finger. Try that ROF with a WAS set tourney-legal.

sneakyhacker420
10-14-2003, 03:57 PM
all of you quit whining, none of you were like this when the timmy WAS board came out, nor the WAS viking board, but with the recent deal with SP, you're relentlessly whining about how much they suck in your opinion and being ignorant that they weren't shooting as fast as they were

hell, i can hit 17 without any effort on my nasty impulse, without trigger bounce

an easy 16 on my e-mag (1.37 board cap => e-mag is @ AGD right now getting flashed w/ 3.0) and with 3.0 and 20bps cap/shot buffering, i'll easily get 20 atleast in small bursts, guaranteed

then i'll just be waiting for the Q 1.0 e-mag doftware to cme out with a 26bps cap :D

this just never ends

i may be 14, but i am wiser than most of you, as i don't go off *****ing and moaning about something, and its easy to see that i am more mature than some of these morons who swam up the internet Rio Grande from PBN and came to the wealthy nation of Automags.Org ;)

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
all of you quit whining, none of you were like this when the timmy WAS board came out, nor the WAS viking board, but with the recent deal with SP, you're relentlessly whining about how much they suck in your opinion and being ignorant that they weren't shooting as fast as they were

hell, i can hit 17 without any effort on my nasty impulse, without trigger bounce

an easy 16 on my e-mag (1.37 board cap => e-mag is @ AGD right now getting flashed w/ 3.0) and with 3.0 and 20bps cap/shot buffering, i'll easily get 20 atleast in small bursts, guaranteed

then i'll just be waiting for the Q 1.0 e-mag doftware to cme out with a 26bps cap :D

this just never ends

i may be 14, but i am wiser than most of you, as i don't go off *****ing and moaning about something, and its easy to see that i am more mature than some of these morons who swam up the internet Rio Grande from PBN and came to the wealthy nation of Automags.Org ;)

AMEN BRUTHA!

-=Squid=-
10-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Eh, its not worth arguing anymore :rolleyes: