PDA

View Full Version : What's the diff between minimag and micromag?

Ace_paint
10-12-2003, 11:15 PM
What's the difference between a minimag and a micromag? Which one has better all around proformance? My friend has a micromag and It seems to work pretty well. Just asking to see which one to buy.

PyRo
10-12-2003, 11:47 PM
The minimag comes with a vertical adapter, shorter barrel, longer mainbody (than the classic) with some milling. The micromag is made by PTP and uses an AGD valve, there mainbody is made out of aluminum, and it uses cocker threads.

davidnj
10-13-2003, 03:14 AM
I went from minimag-->ule mag. Ive shot the mini and the micro. I prefer the micro to the mini. If you can afford to get a ule mag, Id get that over either.

SkyBoySurfer
10-13-2003, 07:53 AM
You would like to also get a new version of the Micro mag....The realy old ones(we are talking like 7 years ago)...are "missing" some areas of the frame...so it can be hard to upgrade your trigger ad such.

but you can always jimmy rig around them if you have to.:)

like every one does.

Jimmy Rig...The American Way

cphilip
10-13-2003, 08:41 AM
To give a little more detail... the main difference is the body itself.

The Minimag is a total AGD product. It uses a Minimag style SS body and rail set up. This body uses a Barrel twist lock assembly mounted in the rail and a twist lock barrel. And the Barrel itself contains the Ball Detents.

The Micromag is a Pro Team Products (PTP) product and uses an Aluminum body that incorporates the rail and it uses cocker threaded barrels. The ball detente is a sprind loaded plastic L shaped thing mounted on a protrusion milled on the side of the body.

They used to have just standard Mag valves in them. Although PTP's had different Lazer etching on the valves. Same valve though and obtained from AGD. They made a RT version too as well as an Emag version.

Most Micromags and Micromag RT's used a Benchmark grip frame. Which I believe PTP now owns outright.