PDA

View Full Version : Massive shootdown with Flatline Reg

Mr Pink
10-13-2003, 04:23 AM
I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Yesterday I was experiencing problems with getting my velocity to stay at 280fps - the first shot was about 280, then it would drop to about 200, then 150. This was with slow firing (1-2 seconds between shots)

I thought at first it was my E-blade playing up, but switched the Flatline over to my back-up marker and it did exactly the same thing.

I opened the reg up and removed a load of metal filings (probably from the crappy air fills @ Toulouse:mad: ) and then put it back together, but there was no improvement.

Please help.

ah137
10-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Having metal shaving in there is going to screw things up quite a bit.

Your going to want to clean everything and replace the reg seat oring and the piston oring. It might be a good idea to just get a flatline repare kit and replace all the orings.

~Hills

you should check your marker for metal shavings as well, then clean and replace its orings.

Mr Pink
10-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks - Marker was fine (sold it and got a new one now anyway)

Ho hum, of to Sosta's I go:)

BlackVCG
10-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Your on/off o-ring is probably full of dirt and slowing it down. Have Sosta check out that area of the tank and the rest of it just to make sure.

Mr Pink
10-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Hi BLackVCG, thanks for the advice - is there no way I can check that myself? I might not be able to get to Sosta's in the near future:(