PDA

View Full Version : The Dye Matrix

i like tictacs
10-13-2003, 11:07 AM
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/newsimages/19206173.jpeg
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/newsimages/74734617.jpeg

Hold onto your moon boots. Dye has just landed in the year 2004 and the future looks stellar. Remember the Matrix? Low pressure gun, kinda blocky looking? Well, believe it or not, you're looking at one right now... not even the Jetsons could have dreamed this one up.

We forgot about the Matrix for a while after the news that Dye had bought the rights to the marker from Generation E. But while we were off gallivanting with new flames the A4 and the Shocker, Dye were working hard to make their mark on their new acquisition.

Today we recieved some pictures and following a few seconds of confusion we realized we were staring at the DM4 – Dye's brand new Matrix.

The once oblong body has been hacked away and sculpted into an object of pure desire, proving once again that Dye is incapable of producing anything but perfection - they can't be held responsible for Matty Marshal, he was born like that.

We only have a list of features for the DM4 at this time, but it looks like a tight ensemble. Here's what she's packing:

Matching Dye Ultra-light barrel
Integrated on/off air supply
Hyper2 in-line air reg
Internal anti-chop eye sensing system
170psi operating pressure
Adjustable trigger sensitivity
Light weight compact body
DM4 Sticky 3 grip
High intensity LED program control
Ergonomic 45 grip frame
Removable one piece component bolt system
Internal modular

We'll be at the World Cup in Orlando so we'll see if we can't swipe one from the Dye stand then.

Www.dyeprecision.com

Like it? Hate it? Talk about it here...http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb...&threadid=24757

- PGI magazine

CaliWagon31
10-13-2003, 11:26 AM
these r the 2k4's, the other ones are the 2k3's with just dye parts

BobTheCow
10-13-2003, 11:31 AM
lol the first thing I thought of when I saw that was "wow, Dye makes water guns now??"
But if it's Dye, I'm willing to assume it will be pretty darn good (as well as expensive :eek: ).

Load SM5
10-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Man I was a little bummed about a hot new Matrix coming out at WC since I just dropped a pile on my new LCD.

Well after seeing that poopy Buck Rogers looking design I'm pretty darn happy with my blocky looking gun.:D

FRENZY
10-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Lol, right! I have to admit it does look more asthetically pleasing. Expect to see more markers like this in the future...this is where paintball is going. Everything now pretty much looks futuristic, gear, goggles, markers etc.

Load SM5
10-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Actually I meant I prefer the old style. I'm not a big fan of the ray gun look, especially around the front near the reg and LPR.

10-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah I like the old one better too. That gun looks really dumb.

Ez3ki41
10-13-2003, 12:01 PM
that looks kidna ugly to meh ... :(

FRENZY
10-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Oh I agree, That's why I could never see myself buying a Timmy. The curves on the new Matrix are nice to an extent, but the laser gun look has to go...seriously!

*ArKfEaR*
10-13-2003, 12:04 PM
The more I look at it, the more I hate it.

Its just the rise doesnt flow to the body, the barrel doesnt flow either, and the Hyper reg's milling throws off the concept on the body milling (the high rise has the same effect).

The body itself has potential but it needs alot of revisions, im sure another version will be much better.

wobbles82
10-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Ew. While I think its incredible that they did mill the Matrix like that...I think it was the wrong way to go abouts doing so. Not the "big new thing" i was waiting for. ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
10-13-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm in love with the blue one...sorry kids..you know me..I'm a blue ho...

Automaggin2
10-13-2003, 12:11 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww there fugly. And they look photoshopped

someone posted this on PBN haha

http://www.blackgalaxy.tv/paintball/pictures/dye-nerf.gif

Python14
10-13-2003, 12:27 PM
LOL.

Anyway, yea, I think it's really ugly. I like the old style, plain jane matrices. The flat surfaces are easy to clean and put stickers on.

behemoth
10-13-2003, 12:47 PM
That looks bad imo...but it would look good as a nerf gun ;)

Ez3ki41
10-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

hahah!

SlipknotX556
10-13-2003, 03:04 PM
w0w what an ugly gun.

SpongeBobSquarePants
10-13-2003, 03:04 PM
You know I believe in all that dye is, but damn, that thing looks like retarded giraffe.

ERut
10-13-2003, 03:09 PM
The dye autococker was sexy...that is just fugly

McSweedish
10-13-2003, 03:09 PM
that thing looks goofy as hell

lopxtc
10-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Anyone else besides me notice that the sticky 3's are bigger ... and anyone else besides me wondering if those could be modded (read drilling new holes) to fit onto an EMag ULE frame ...

Aaron

i like tictacs
10-13-2003, 03:30 PM
I think it's hot, I just think you're all jumping on the "it's so ugly" bandwagon like you did with angel ir3's when they came out.

Steelrat
10-13-2003, 03:40 PM
I like how they made the trigger guard larger. A gen-E person over at PBnation stated that they are supposed to be about 4 oz lighter than a timmy. Thats pretty impressive. Also, the rumor is that these will be sold side-by-side with the older version, though that is just a rumor.

I will not be buying one, as I am not a fan of matricies, but you have to give DYE credit for doing more than just giving a stock matrix a nice milling job.

ERut
10-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by i like tictacs
I think it's hot, I just think you're all jumping on the "it's so ugly" bandwagon like you did with angel ir3's when they came out.

I love how the ir3s look.

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
lol the first thing I thought of when I saw that was "wow, Dye makes water guns now??"
But if it's Dye, I'm willing to assume it will be pretty darn good (as well as expensive :eek: ). Nope, it'll be average marker with an above average price tag. All because it says DYE on it somewhere.

GoatBoy
10-13-2003, 03:54 PM
OMG LOL THAT GUN IS SO SEXXXXXXXY!!!!11 IF U BUOY THAT GUN U WIL BE SO PIZZZZIMP!

DiRTyBuNNy
10-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Nope, it'll be average marker with an above average price tag. All because it says DYE on it somewhere.

Actually couldn't be further from the truth. The board and eye were designed by Egi from Team Cyclone...the creator of the NYX board and eye..and we all know how that gun rips..

Shail
10-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Well I like it and can't wait for it to be released, at the cup.

Load SM5
10-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by i like tictacs

I still think those are a little ugly.;)

GaryWV
10-13-2003, 04:21 PM
I absolutley love it, depending on the price tag I may get one.

UltimatePaintballer
10-13-2003, 04:27 PM
idk if i like that gun or hate it, but look at this cocker:p

also i bet the price of the trix will be $1249

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 04:30 PM
The Matrix there is too H.R. Giger Alien looking. It's all personal choice.

darklord
10-13-2003, 04:44 PM
I am not digging that extra "meat" near the feedneck. Other than that, not bad. It REALLY looked photoshopped to me at first, though. Hopefully this will pave the way for a few better lookin trixes..

The metal near the feedneck and the "dye" parts bugs me, mainly the hyper reg or whatever and that stupid LPR.

GaryWV
10-13-2003, 04:56 PM
The only thing Id change on it as of right now are the trigger (looks a little small, but it may be because of the white background) and the small LPR, I like the older style large one.

ZAust
10-13-2003, 05:00 PM
i really like the look. i dont think i would ever buy one(its going to be extremely over priced) but it does look sexy.

-=Squid=-
10-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Nope, it'll be average marker with an above average price tag. All because it says DYE on it somewhere. :rolleyes: Forgive WARPED1, he prefers 100 dollar shoeboxes.

Now, I guess im the only one that really likes the milling. Looks good in the picture, and probably looks WAY better in person.

Just thought I would throw this out as well, everyone is saying its gonna be like a 1200 dollar stock trix. Well, whats the X mag? A 1400 dollar emag with an eye?

GaryWV
10-13-2003, 05:12 PM
I dont think it will be overpriced too much, look at what you get on the 03 Dye trixes for the price.

Now, I guess im the only one that really likes the milling. Looks good in the picture, and probably looks WAY better in person.

Squid, youre not the only one, I also love the milling and cannot wait to (hopefully) get one of these bad boys.

WARPED1
10-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
:rolleyes: Forgive WARPED1, he prefers 100 dollar shoeboxes.

Just thought I would throw this out as well, everyone is saying its gonna be like a 1200 dollar stock trix. Well, whats the X mag? A 1400 dollar emag with an eye? The 03 Shocker is a shoebox?! Since when?
There is no Matrix like the NYX Matrix.............

m8trixboi
10-13-2003, 05:32 PM
i dont like it.

Carnage
10-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Wow that looks awesome. I find it looks like an alien ray gun LOL :)

/me <--- Likes

GT
10-13-2003, 05:36 PM
The Matrix there is too H.R. Giger Alien looking. It's all personal choice.

agreed!

lets leave the comic book guns in the comics. this thing is awful!

m8trixboi
10-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by GaryWV
I dont think it will be overpriced too much, look at what you get on the 03 Dye trixes for the price.

i dont agree with you on that because some online stores sell the dye matrix for 950 while other stores sell stock lcds for 1G or the same price as the dye matrix while the dye matrix comes with the milling on the side and the ace, also the dye lpr is more expensive than the pbc one and the second generation dye inline reg is alot more than the cp or centerflag one.

No sKiLLz
10-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Count on DYE to slap nasty price tags on stuff.

Here's a little 411 from Dave at Gen-E.

The little nub on the front where the LPR would normally be is a built in on off. The LPR is the other little nub (internal) in the back underneath the bolt plug (the new bolt is two piece like the 03 Shocker) which means you can't replace it until someone makes one to fit in there. I personally hate DYE regs, but to each his own.

The channel along the side is not a dead air chamber since the LPR is in the back now. Oh hell, I'll just cut and paste...

People asked for smaller, LED, lighter, single air chamber, simpler bolt kit, ACE, and attractive, that's what DYE built. I personally feel that the DM4 is one of the most attractive paintball guns I've ever seen, Dye's design team is top notch, and thet have out-done themselves on this product.

A couple notes:
The LPR is in the back, the "nub" on the front where you would think it would be is an air on/off.

there are eye covers that are milled as part of the body, they're kinda hard to see in the pix, I would assume the eyes will be as easy to clean as an Impulses or Timmy's, which aren't too bad.

The feed neck?? I dunno, I guess they ran out of time and stayed with the old style one..maybe it's a tribute to the old school Matrix.

If you don't like the way this one looks, that's cool just wait for the Toxic one to come out then...TM4??

dave/ gen-e

Dan E
10-13-2003, 07:53 PM
i love it and depending on the price i would definitely pick one of them up

~WarpedRT#2~
10-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah, it probably has been run through Photoshop. If you look at sets of guns at paintball gear, you will notice, they are the exact same gun, with different colors. You can tell it's the same gun by the lighting on it.

Ov3rmind
10-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Oh man, I hate it, hate it with a passion. Where the barrel threads into the body looks ugly as sin.

FooTemps
10-13-2003, 08:11 PM
that is ugly... BUT, it would look a little better if it had a warp body.

i like tictacs
10-13-2003, 08:54 PM
The 03 Shocker is a shoebox?! Since when?
There is no Matrix like the NYX Matrix.............

Yeah there is...

50 cal
10-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Looks like someones acid flashback.

Ov3rmind
10-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Well, anyone else think it would look better like this:

ERut
10-13-2003, 09:43 PM
It might look a little better if that blue wasnt so bright!

CpSuPeRkId
10-13-2003, 09:59 PM
i think waht Ov3rmind did to it makes it look MUCH better. that right there makes it look amazingly nice. i think the whole thing looks good anyways. i dunno why all these matrix users are complaining. probably because they are pissed that they now have to sell their trixes and dish out more money for a newer model that they like deep down but wont admit it. it looks sweet and im sure it will rip. for now my half milled was'd and ace'd viking is still my favorite gun, but depending on how this gun works out i might eventually have an equally favorite or new favorite gun.

i like tictacs
10-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Word ^

vf-xx
10-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
that is ugly... BUT, it would look a little better if it had a warp body.

That's what I was thinking. I don't keep up with matrixes, but the thing that always stuck in my head about them was that they had different feedneck/barrel modules. This one doesnt' have that.

epterry
10-13-2003, 10:49 PM
The future is now with dyes new ray gun. On the other hand, maybe it is a phaser (sp), "Set your phasers (sp) to 300fps." However, if it is a phazer Shatner might use it at Shatnerball 3.:D

FooTemps
10-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Well, anyone else think it would look better like this:

That looks a ton better but I think they should just chop off that front part.

fcpchop
10-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Wow, thats all i can say, i realy dont know if i like it or not, but i know it is different

Jack & Coke
10-13-2003, 10:59 PM
I like it!

Sign me up for an all gloss black one please... :)

darklord
10-13-2003, 11:04 PM
Might I add.... NO REMOVABLE BREECH!?!?!?!?!?! I just noticed that! That is one thing that is bugging me about that thing... if it had a removable breech, and no more metal around the feedneck (so a no-rise neck can be attached), it would be a lot better.... sorta like Ov3rmind's picture.

paintster14
10-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Look at me i just paid 1400 for a Star Trek Ray Gun, that thing is prolly the worst looking gun ive ever seen in my life and the worst looking trix( might i add i hate trixs )but this one gives me a liking to the older styles compared to this thing it is just extremely ugly and kinda looks like dye tried to bum some looks off of the nerve if ya ask me but still ill never pay for the thing and those 100 dollar shoeboxes you refer to will prolly perform better because we all know dye markers suck, look at their cocker, looks good but sucks performance wise, this will prolly be the same but just suck in all areas

breg
10-13-2003, 11:56 PM
It could grow on me. But not with out some serious time.
As for right now, I'm liking the look of the older modles better. As it is right now, I feel like paintslingers are too light, like I'm going to break the freaking thing the first time I dive to the ground and crawl. They just don't seem as sturdy.

paintster14
10-14-2003, 12:01 AM
ahh solid markers are pretty much not around nay longer with all this make it lighter BS all it does is make the marker feel cheap, hence why i shoot an older angel, solid as all hell and i know im not going to break it,you know how it is

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
10-14-2003, 12:04 AM
hmmm..definately something diff....kinda reminds me of something you would see out of a Power Rangers movie.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-14-2003, 12:06 AM
I still think it's the sexiest gun I've ever seen...so...how come Manike wasn't a part of this piece of artwork...or was he? oh Simon....ooohhh Simon...where are you?

personman
10-14-2003, 12:11 AM
ROFL
as soon as I saw that gun I said "AHHH THATS UGLY AS SIN!!!!"

einhander619
10-14-2003, 01:44 AM
I'd shoot one. Honestly, it doesn't look any different than a milled timmy.

breg
10-14-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by paintster14
ahh solid markers are pretty much not around nay longer with all this make it lighter BS all it does is make the marker feel cheap, hence why i shoot an older angel, solid as all hell and i know im not going to break it,you know how it is

That is why I love my RT/Pro. I know the thing is heavy when compaired to the newer lines of markers, but then again, I know I'm holding a tank in my hands. I know that I won't break this thing if I dive or pick it up. I'm not saying that lighter markers are crap or anything of the sort, but I am saying that I don't know if they can take the abuse that I dish out in the course of game play.

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by einhander619
I'd shoot one. Honestly, it doesn't look any different than a milled timmy. Well, solenoid driven Spyders, such as the Intimidator, are fugly too.

CpSuPeRkId
10-14-2003, 11:09 AM
warped1- then i guess angels, impys, vikings, and bushys are just "solenoid driven spyders" too, right?:rolleyes: because unless you are just a moron or you are ignorant you would know that timmys work just like all those other guns i mentioned but in a different shape and form.

paintster14
10-14-2003, 11:34 AM
angels and vikings are slightly different...they arnt stacked tube.....:D

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 11:34 AM
No, they're not. The Intimidator is built on a leftover Spyder body, some of the internals are even compatible to be swapped. It [b]is[/i] a Spyder. Yall will say "no, it's a millenium". Well, Bob Long took a Spyder, added a few upgrades, slapped his name on it and called it a millenium. He did the exact same thing with the B2K, called it the Defiant. The Intimidator is his only original gun, which was built off of a Spyder frame.
Recently he sold it all to NPS and no longer makes Intimidators, but I guess NPS agreed/allowed to continue using his name on it.

Jack & Coke
10-14-2003, 12:59 PM
No, they're not. The Intimidator is built on a leftover Spyder body, some of the internals are even compatible to be swapped. It [b]is[/i] a Spyder. Yall will say "no, it's a millenium". Well, Bob Long took a Spyder, added a few upgrades, slapped his name on it and called it a millenium. He did the exact same thing with the B2K, called it the Defiant. The Intimidator is his only original gun, which was built off of a Spyder frame.
Recently he sold it all to NPS and no longer makes Intimidators, but I guess NPS agreed/allowed to continue using his name on it.

WARPED1, the only timmy that uses a left-over millenium body is the Classic Timmy.

Which internals can be swapped?

From an old link:

~ Regarding the Bob Long - Spyder connection ~

...Bob set foot in the paintball industry with his own products when he could not get what he wanted from his distributors. He realized that there was demand for paintball products that were not currently available. His first product was his own line of Bob Long Signature Series vertical feed cockers. The STO Autococker from WGP followed it to the market one year later...

...Manufacturing his own products for almost 2 years now (this article was written a while ago), Bob has a variety of products on the market, ranging from custom bolts, barrels, and triggers, all the way up to inline pressure regulators and tournament paintball guns. “The life of a product in the industry is around 18 months” according to Bob, and believes that “there should be a new product on the market every six months to keep the industry moving.” Due to the huge success of the Kingman Spyder, one of Bob’s best selling aftermarket products is the Cyclone bolt, which has sold over 15,000 nationwide.

Other popular products include the Long Shot barrel series, due to its availability in a large scale of bore sizes to fit any size paintball on the market. The Bob Long Regulator is another popular item, which allows you to adjust the inline pressure with a simple twist from a dime. The Millenium (available as a fully tricked assembled gun, or as an upgrade body for an existing Spyder) is Bob Long’s tricked vertical alternative to the Kingman Spyder...

The BODY of the Timmy was INITIALLY BASED on what he had on hand... spare Millenium bodies. Why spend thousands of dollars designing and creating a brand new body, when you already have a ton of AFTERMARKET PARTS available in your warehouse? Makes sense to me!

As for the internals of the Timmy, as appears that this came as the result of the developement of the Defiant/Bushy, and NOT just sticking a solenoid into a Spyder.

...The Defiant

Doug Zander (of Benchmark) machined the first prototype of the Defiant for Bob. Not satisfied with the first attempt, Bob teamed up with Jerry Dobbins from Indian Creek Designs (creator of the original Bushmaster, Pro-master, Desert Fox, and Thunder-cat line of paintball guns).

After the 98 World Cup, Bob realized that electropneumatic was the way to go in order to compete with WDP Angels and Smart Parts Shockers. Bob called up Jerry with the idea. Fortunately, Jerry had already had the same thought.

Utilizing the best concepts from existing designs, the gun in production now emerged. It incorporates a ram similar to the Angel’s and the same 4-way solenoid being used in the Shocker, Jerry came out with the Bushmaster 2000 for himself and a custom signature series for Bob Long called the Defiant.

The Bushmaster 2000 and Defiant are almost identical in design except for a few key differences. The Defiant has a custom double finger trigger frame that features a fully adjustable trigger. The Defiant also comes with some milling and custom anodization. The interesting difference is that the Defiant takes cocker barrels while the Bushmaster 2000 takes Indian Creek Designs barrels. A big plus for current cocker owners with an existing barrel collection....

This article was written a long time ago - call up BLAST and ask them if you'd like.

*ArKfEaR*
10-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Revised DM4 by me.

Black fade.

:)

paintster14
10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
that all blue one that *arkfear* just did looks worse...the gun just looks fake and plastic like brass eagle, hell why doesnt brass eagle sell em then the uglyness would atleast make sense

Jack & Coke
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by paintster14
that all blue one that *arkfear* just did looks worse...the gun just looks fake and plastic like brass eagle, hell why doesnt brass eagle sell em then the uglyness would atleast make sense

I think these guys would disagree with you...

http://www.vegas.com/shows/blueman.jpg

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
Revised DM4 by me.

Black fade.

:) I like this one.

ERut
10-14-2003, 03:15 PM

I live ten minutes from Bob's store...I don't think thats true

Ov3rmind
10-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Here's my latest little rendition of the DM4:

Ov3rmind
10-14-2003, 05:03 PM
:eek:

Ov3rmind
10-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Oh my, I'm just having too much fun:

manike
10-14-2003, 05:08 PM

Considering I spent the whole of last weekend at Bob's factory and with the machinists making parts for Bob, I can tell you with no doubt whatsoever that that isn't true.

Bob is very much still in control of making the intimidator. Everyone who is part of it works directly with/for Bob on the intimdator stuff. He is in complete control of it.

Jack & Coke
10-14-2003, 05:13 PM
LOL! I wonder where WARPED1 got his "information" :confused:

Tunaman
10-14-2003, 05:39 PM
The foregrip/lpr looks like a pud! Pricing will be available on these shortly.;) :D

Ov3rmind
10-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Word on the street is $1399.95.

50 cal
10-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Aaaaah, I'm blind!!
Sorry, if you polish a turd, it's still a turd. That's one ugly paintgun.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-14-2003, 07:10 PM
I can also confirm that the price is $1399.95 or $1508.45 with tax for those in California...who live right down the road from the factory..and talk to the sales guys regularly...and have a blue/black one on pre-order already..who that person may be...I have no idea...

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by manike

Considering I spent the whole of last weekend at Bob's factory and with the machinists making parts for Bob, I can tell you with no doubt whatsoever that that isn't true.

Bob is very much still in control of making the intimidator. Everyone who is part of it works directly with/for Bob on the intimdator stuff. He is in complete control of it. I could have sworn I read that somewhere. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong! I trust Simon's info more than mine.

Ov3rmind
10-14-2003, 07:15 PM
I guess this is supposed to be DYE's answer the the A4, 2K4 Timmy, and upcoming Nerve.

LeatherPants
10-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey isn't that the weapon from the movie KRULL?

DiRTyBuNNy
10-14-2003, 11:42 PM
I was thinking that 70's version of Flash Gordon...

FFFLLASH....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...

LeatherPants
10-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I was thinking that 70's version of Flash Gordon...

FFFLLASH....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...

He saved every one of us......

DiRTyBuNNy
10-15-2003, 12:56 AM
with that lovely soundtrack from Queen..hahhahhaa...

WARPED1
10-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Queen was one of the best bands ever! But thats off topic, back to the fugly Matrix.............

Thordic
10-15-2003, 08:28 AM
I'm trying.. I'm trying real hard to like it.

I just can't seem to summon up any tidbit of thought that says "this gun looks good".

Certain parts of it look nice. The milling above the grip frame is pretty sweet. But the front end of the gun is just damn ugly.

cris8762
10-15-2003, 02:52 PM
the only good looking parts of that gun are the barrel and dye reg

manike
10-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
I'm trying.. I'm trying real hard to like it.

I just can't seem to summon up any tidbit of thought that says "this gun looks good".

Certain parts of it look nice. The milling above the grip frame is pretty sweet. But the front end of the gun is just damn ugly.

Me too! But I am going to reserve judgement until seeing one in real life.

I know from experience that sometimes pictures just don't do justice to the part/gun in question.

WARPED1
10-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by manike

Me too! But I am going to reserve judgement until seeing one in real life.

I know from experience that sometimes pictures just don't do justice to the part/gun in question. True.
It seems the dislike most share(me included), is the barrel/feedneck area. FUGLY.

Blazingace
10-15-2003, 06:12 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...............My eyes. That is hideous. I like the old ones better.

Matt_mg
10-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Well I like it... Maybe not the electric blue one but the red/black one will be VERY nice :)

All ya one tube boy are just scared pantless :p

cris8762
10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
o yeah, the trigger guard sucks too

it looks like the old angel LED one just with a extra hump

Jack & Coke
10-15-2003, 11:47 PM
From: http://forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=734&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

Once the deal was announced, everyone new Dye would come out with something big now that they had the Matrix in their hands. Welcome the DM4! They have trimmed it down, redesigned the botl, moved the battery and LPR, have a new inline reg and much more. Check out the following release for pics and full details.

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/redDM4.gif

The DM4 has been born. Created and developed by a unique team of paintball’s finest athletes and engineers. Every detail has been carefully formulated and prepared to the exacting standards of DYE. The DM4 not only embodies the very idea of paintball gun perfection, it also shatters the boundaries of 3-D body sculpting. Under a literal choreography of drill bits, metal and coolant, our CNC machines have carved and shaved the most stylistically innovative paintball gun available. You want fast? The DM4 houses unprecedented electronic control and is limited only to the speed of your hopper. Utilizing cutting-edge technical achievements coupled with superior elegance in design and function, the DM4 symbolizes the momentum, quality and perfection that is DYE.

AVAILABLE IN DUSTED BLACK TO BLUE, BLACK TO RED, BLACK TO GUN METAL, BLACK, GUN METAL, AND POLISHED BLACK TO GUN METAL. ALL DM4 GUNS COME STANDARD WITH A MATCHING 14" ULTRALITE™ BARREL.

Patented DM4™ Fuse™ Bolt:

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/DM4_bolt.gif

Utilizing the same fundamentals from the original Matrix bolt kit, we have developed a new breed of spool valve technology. The Fuse™ Bolt kit has been specifically designed in such way to increase air flow and efficiency while not sacrificing the low pressure or incredible accuracy that you have grown to love from the standard Matrix. The Fuse™ bolt removes in a one-piece component bolt system, eliminating the need for a removable breech. No more backwards “beer cans” or “front walls” to cause problems. Every piece is presicision machined to fit together exactly; one way, one piece

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/on_off.gif

Integrated On/Off valve:
Front located on/off bleed valve makes quick maintenance possible. A simple 1/4 of the on/off valve degasses the bolt section of the gun without removing the air source, allowing you to easily remove the bolt assembly for quick maintenance. This also is useful for extened periods of storage, reducing constant stress on o-rings and internal assemblies.

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/LPR.gif

Internal Low Pressure Regulator (LPR):
Strategically relocated, the rear LPR, allows for internal fine adjustment of your bolts operating pressure from a range of 65 psi to 85 psi within tenths. Our new design has made it removable, high-flow and easy to maintain.

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/EYE.gif

Internal Anti-Chop Eye System / Dual Ball Detents:
The infrared is the only way to go. Newly reprogrammed, our eye software is one of the most stable on the market. The DM4 anti-chop eye is unaffected by light or by the color of paint. Dual rubber ball detents align each ball for firing. Our low profile, contoured eye plates protect and hide the eye from external abuse caused by dirt or paint impact and provide a near-seamless door to the servicable electronics and the replaceable dual ball detents.

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/Hyper2.gif

Hyper2 Regulator:
The all new Hyper2 regulator has been redesigned to offer you better flow, better consistency, and easier maintenance. Designed specifically for low pressure, high volume paintball guns, the Hyper2 provides consistent regulated output pressure combined with an extremely high rate of air flow which eliminates shoot down and insconsistent FPS velocity. Adjustable from 50-450 psi

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/LED.gif

High Intensity LED program control
A membrane pad with two buttons. Marker power, to turn the gun on and off and eye control, to turn the eye on and off. Changing the program settings of the gun is easily accomplished by using the same two buttons in conjuction with the trigger. A high intensity LED light lets you know which mode you are in and whether the eye is on or off. Simple, digital menus are for cell phones and PDA’s. We didn’t go that far...yet.

http://forceofnature.com/images/newspics/45Frame.gif

Ergonomic 45 Grip Frame:
The DM4 features one of the most comfortable grip frames on the market. Designed for comfort and ease of use, the DM4 grip frame houses the battery and the circuit board for the marker. Integrated into the frame is an ergonomically designed carrying handle to prevent hand fatigue while walking to the field. Wrapped in an abundance of co-molded stickyness the DM4 comes standard with custom color matched Sticky3 grips.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
10-16-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by LeatherPants

He saved every one of us......

Don't tell me LeatherPants...you were one of the winged flying men in the movie? Or perhaps one of Ming's henchmen! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
10-16-2003, 12:56 AM
this thing is sexy as all get out..

Ov3rmind
10-16-2003, 02:07 AM
The pics in the FON article make it look nicer than before, but the extra metal around the breech/barrel area still needs to go.

PsychoBaller
10-16-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

Hahahah.... that's great! I used to own every Nerf Weapon ever made up till a certain year. Actually, I think I still have a tub of that crap lying around somewhere, hmmm.....

Aighty, next big event with lots of AOers I'm bringing all of them... Giant War.

And If I win the lotto, I'm gonna buy one o those 2k4 Dye Trix's and convert it into a Nerf Gun.... schhaaweeet..

~da "misses his childhood" baller

pito189
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
The eye/ball detents covers look like those little pieces on the back of your cellphone that cover up the external antenna hole.

I like the over all looks of the gun. Needs a stablizer on there, and a different feedneck for sure, other than that looks good to me.

Shail
10-16-2003, 01:05 PM
The more I look at it the more I like it, and that FON article has only made me like it more, since it anwsered my questions. But i'd definetly change the feedneck to a lower one.

RetroEclipseMan
10-16-2003, 01:59 PM
I'm definately liking it the more and more I look at it. Definately needs a new feedneck and the removal of that extra metal around the feedneck and the barrel but other than that I like it. Don't think I would ever buy one but still pretty nice.

FooTemps
10-16-2003, 07:54 PM
I like some parts but the front is just hideous still. I'd just ditch it and go for a whole new design.

WARPED1
10-16-2003, 07:57 PM
I like Matrices, but this one is hideous. I do like arkfears slimmed versaion.

m8trixboi
10-16-2003, 09:18 PM
i think imma wait and see how those things shoot before i buy one.

Jack & Coke
10-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by m8trixboi
i think imma wait and see how those things shoot before i buy one.

m8trixboi is correct!;)

WARPED1
10-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Except none of us are questioning how it shoots, just how fugly the milling is!:D

sixslow
10-16-2003, 10:49 PM
i dont care wat yall think, i think its damnnnnnnnnnnn sexy!:D

No sKiLLz
10-16-2003, 11:19 PM
I might get one, but I'm sure not selling the NYX for it.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-16-2003, 11:23 PM
If I had a killa like that NYX I wouldn't want to see it either..

barberjohn
10-17-2003, 10:45 AM
it looks like a supra with too much of a body kit on it. i dont think that it should be called the matrix anymore, and does anyone see that it looks a little like the nerve:rolleyes: . i am beggining to see why dye went ahead and payed smart parts the cool mil.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-17-2003, 12:53 PM
probably because SP wanted to sue them for copying the design of the 03' Shocker (I was kidding...put down the pitchforks)..

and as for the Nerve...you can't use Vaporware in an arguement..

RenagadeOfFunk
10-18-2003, 01:51 PM
it looks like im saving up to get a black to red fade DM4

cockermongol
10-18-2003, 04:23 PM
that's probably one of the coolest guns i've ever seen. IMO it looks better than the Xmag.

barberjohn
10-19-2003, 03:13 PM
you have got to be kidding me, that probably was not the correct thing to say.

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Notice he said "IMO", so shut up............

barberjohn
10-19-2003, 03:49 PM
hey man, you have already started enough controversy around here. anyways, what the hell does imo stand for?:confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
10-19-2003, 04:07 PM
IMO = In My Opinion...there are lots of other variations such as IMHO (In My Humble Opinion)...

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 04:15 PM
IMO= In My Opinion. Like "IMO barberjohn is a bonehead."

MaGSkEr
10-19-2003, 04:18 PM
i had one of the first 300 matricies a year and a half or so ago. They are so nice. Construction is solid, it is well designed, uber-smooth, and literaly zero movement while shooting.

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 04:24 PM
I'd love to get my hands on an NYX Matrix.............
Was testing one at the range, HOLY POOPSICLE! It was one of the sweetest markers I've shot in my 13 year paintball career. If I hadn't "retired" from tournaments, I'd buy one in a heartbeat...........

SirOssis
10-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Jack &amp; Coke

Internal Low Pressure Regulator (LPR):
Strategically relocated, the rear LPR, allows for internal fine adjustment of your bolts operating pressure from a range of 65 psi to 85 psi within tenths. Our new design has made it removable, high-flow and easy to maintain.

[/B]

:eek: I couldn't decide if I like the looks or not.... after the back end of the gun I'm even more puzzled

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 04:58 PM
The feedneck/barrel area is what has to go. And any DYE symbol. Removing the DYE symbol will knock off a few hundred dollars.:p ;)

Jack & Coke
10-19-2003, 06:06 PM

http://www.control.auc.dk/~esch00/hobby/alien/alien-3.gif

seperated at birth?

RRfireblade
10-19-2003, 07:00 PM
Shot it this weekend.

REALLY fast,internal eye,neat display,intregal on/off and LPR.Also,new stickeys.

Still not my style but it looks better in person.

HOWEVER,one of the worst milling jobs I've seen.Looks like it was carved with a dremel and "lightly sanded". I hope they were pre production,but they all looked like that.

They're still offering the traditional Matrix so you do have a choice.

Jay.

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 07:00 PM
ROTFLMFAO!

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Maybe at Cup this week?

RRfireblade
10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Maybe at Cup this week?

I think they were $1250,"think"

Jay.

Matt_mg
10-19-2003, 08:00 PM
SirOssis the bottom the the lpr adjustment and the top one is where the bolt is... no more regs sticking out!

Taco
10-19-2003, 10:33 PM
THAT'S HOTNESS,i dont know how u think its ugly... but even with wat u think it still prob RIPS

Jack & Coke
10-20-2003, 12:22 PM
First look videos of the DM4 at WC: PBN Dye matrix forum... ( site is down right now but keep checking back )

RenagadeOfFunk
10-20-2003, 03:52 PM
can i get a link to that video?

FalconGuy016
10-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by m8trixboi
i dont like it.

WARPED1
10-20-2003, 05:06 PM
My local sports reporter on channel 6 did a great story on XBall with Bob Long. Unfortunatly, he had a DM4, and it was uglier "in person", than the pics.

Jack & Coke
10-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Videos:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335232

apparently PBN servers are having problems right now... too many people wanting to check out the new DM4? ;)

Anyways, check back later.

RenagadeOfFunk
10-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Dye Matrix 04's comes out in 1-2months and are going for $1399.99 (retail) i got this straight fomr Dye today...

Ov3rmind
10-20-2003, 06:14 PM
I just watched the vids, they need someone faster to shoot some paint through it.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
Dye Matrix 04's comes out in 1-2months and are going for $1399.99 (retail) i got this straight fomr Dye today...

didn't I say the same thing over a week ago? I've already pre-ordered one...bah..

RenagadeOfFunk
10-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Let me guess bunny......uh did u get it in blue ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
10-20-2003, 06:36 PM
black/blue dust fade..yes..

Jack & Coke
10-22-2003, 10:30 AM
http://www.forceofnature.com/gallery/album51/nicky_DM4.jpg

http://www.forceofnature.com/gallery/album51/dm4_smokin.jpg

Sexy!:cool:

WarBUCKs
10-22-2003, 10:52 AM
I ordered mine in Black to Red dust. :)

Jack & Coke
10-22-2003, 10:55 AM
2004: Year of the Matrix

:D :D :D :D :D

pito189
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Wow their fades aren't even close to fades. It's like two shell colored paint.

-Tab
10-22-2003, 12:54 PM
that has to be CLOSE to the coolest looking gun on the market.

RRfireblade
10-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

HOWEVER,one of the worst milling jobs I've seen.Looks like it was carved with a dremel and "lightly sanded". I hope they were pre production,but they all looked like that.

Jay.

FYI, I wasn't refering to the styling,I was refering to the quality of the job.The bodies were very wavy and uneven looking.The Dust finshes hide some of that,but the glossy ones looked like molded rubber or over heated plastic.

E-mag-uy
10-23-2003, 06:14 PM
the gun looks ok nothing special the NY trix is the best the dye is way too futureistic(sp?) for me...:p i prefer a good ol' x-mag

Jack & Coke
10-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by darklord

That is one thing that is bugging me about that thing... if it had a removable breech, and no more metal around the feedneck (so a no-rise neck can be attached), it would be a lot better.... sorta like Ov3rmind's picture.

Looks like you can stick a no-rise on the DM4 afterall...

http://www.forceofnature.com/gallery/album51/legacy_load.jpg

EsPo
10-25-2003, 05:53 PM

seperated at birth?
HAHAHAHA!

!

Digits
10-25-2003, 10:23 PM
blah.. that looks gross to me

bunkermaster10
10-26-2003, 12:30 PM
If your a star trek guy this is for you!

I hate the thing, but I bet it rocks.

spantol
10-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Dye had some low/no-rise clamping feeds designed specifically for use on the DM4s for sale at the Cup.

Also, for those who haven't seen this thing up close yet, the pictures don't do it justice. Dye was passing one around for dry firing in their booth, and it was incredible.

Looks like you can stick a no-rise on the DM4 afterall...