PDA

View Full Version : ULT's w/ Classics?

10-13-2003, 04:23 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has tried a ULT with a classic? COuld you please post what you thought of it? thanks.

Woogie12
10-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Try a search, this has been posted many times. I have talked to people though that have gotten it to work perfectly.

f3rr3+
10-13-2003, 06:34 PM
your obviously new here... :rolleyes:

trxtr
10-14-2003, 02:48 AM
i suggest you get
1. the lvl 10
2. RT valve
3. ULT

in that order, then worry about body and trigger. you're just gonna wish you had if you put it in your classic.

edweird
10-14-2003, 02:54 AM
The problem regarding using the ULT with the classic valve is due to the fact it was not designed to be used for it.

First of all you MUST have a LVL 10 bolt to use the ULT...

Secondly the classic valve does not offer the reactivity of the RT/X valves and you will have issues with short stroking due to the lack of assist moving the trigger forward.

jono15
10-25-2003, 12:19 PM
K i dont know how old this thread is cuz i was linked to it from PBR, but anyways I cant get the x valve cuz i can only use co2 but i will have the lvl 10 so will the ule still work well for me

Dayspring
10-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Read the above post...

hailstorm
10-25-2003, 03:30 PM
i don't know if any of these guys have ever tried to do this or if they are just saying what other people have said. I have a ULT in my classic valve mag and I absolutely love it. The first day that I had it, i was shortstroking quite a bit but just like any other trigger I learned it and seriously by the second day I had it down. I have since used it in roughly 3 tournaments with absolutely no problems. I don't know how the ULT will react to co2, but with air I have had no problems and would recommend it to anyone. Matt.

ps I am using 4 ult shims, and 2 lvl10 shims.......or so i seem to remember.

Dayspring
10-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Actually, we were at the IAO tech class where Tom drew 3 diagrams- Emag, RT/Xvalve and Classic. Drew X's through the Emag and classic saying they weren't designed for them and would introduce problems.

Wc Keep
10-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Actually, we were at the IAO tech class where Tom drew 3 diagrams- Emag, RT/Xvalve and Classic. Drew X's through the Emag and classic saying they weren't designed for them and would introduce problems.

so did he actually explain why they would introduce problems or did he just draw x's through them?

FutureMagOwner
10-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
your obviously new here... :rolleyes:

and theirs something wrong with being new to a forum, particularly the largest owners groups?

Dayspring
10-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Emag- sear assembly is too heavy and the lack of reactivity on the on/off pin isn't strong enough to fully reset the sear after a shot as fast as a stock one. The same force that lightens the trigger also reduces the kick it gives.

Classic- same problem as above really. Main problem is that the RT valve on/off top is exposed to full input pressure from the tank. (~800 for sake of argument). The classic valve pin only gets REGULATED pressure. (~450psi) That's why the classic doesn't have that kick. Now, introduce the same problem from the Emag- less kick to reset the sear. But you are reducing the pressure pushing the pin as well as the reduced pressure the pin can exert.

So not only are you not pushing the sear hard enough, but you don't have enough force behind the pin. This can lead to recharge problems (blooped shots, short-stroking, firing a ball into the barrel at 1/2 speed and then the next shot full. MESSY)

Originally posted by Wc Keep

so did he actually explain why they would introduce problems or did he just draw x's through them?