PDA

View Full Version : MORE Xmag Problems

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Yep. Just got my Xmag back from Havoc. I throw my warp breech on it...it doesn't shoot. It is like I have a retarded warp breech thats not completely round so the bolt hits the breech and LX kicks in. I'm sick of all these Xmag problems :( . I havent gotten to play with my Xmag in a real game of paintball since I got it(around the end of June). When I take off the breech it shoots fine. I don't know what to do..

BlackVCG
10-13-2003, 05:06 PM
What barrels have you tried on it?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-13-2003, 05:08 PM
stock barrel. I don't think the bolt is even getting into the breech. I'm pretty sure the bolt is hitting the side of the warp breech and activating the LX.

abaez
10-13-2003, 05:19 PM
It runs fine when the breech is removed?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-13-2003, 05:21 PM
yes

SpongeBobSquarePants
10-13-2003, 05:27 PM
....dremel....

1stdeadeye
10-13-2003, 05:44 PM
I know the feeling. I have had two ACE boards replaced. My warp breach has had the anno worn off by the bolt. I am destroying Detents by the score. Manike is going to look at it for me at AO SC day.

BUT, When it works it rocks hard! Only been in the sho twice. It does get frustrating though!

Recon by Fire
10-13-2003, 05:48 PM
How about putting some lipstick or something like that on the edges of the bolt, then you could look at your breach and see where it is hitting?

I have had absolutely no problems with mine what so ever :) I am still on my first balle detent too (Angel detent).

BlackVCG
10-13-2003, 05:57 PM
The detents have issues, I've discovered a problem with them that where the ball sticks on the lip of the hole and the ball doesn't come out far enough, so it will double feed.

If I were to work on your gun, I'd hone out the Warp breech and if that doesn't work, I'd get AGD to replace the Warp breech completely.

I wish they would put these things through more testing from the factory.

There's a reason why I won't stop shooting my ULE-Mag...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Got it. The barrel had to be screwed as tight as possible.

thecavemankevin
10-13-2003, 06:39 PM
i had a problem with mine when i had the detent screwed in all the way and LX would kick in.

toss a couple orings on it and see if it will work.

pbzmag
10-13-2003, 07:54 PM
I also had the same problem. All I had to do was tighten the field strip screw with my allen wrench.

cphilip
10-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
Got it. The barrel had to be screwed as tight as possible.

That has always been the case with these X mags. Real tight!

10-13-2003, 07:59 PM
I have had no problems so far. I just dont have a hopper that fits.

thecavemankevin
10-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by 845
I have had no problems so far. I just dont have a hopper that fits.

halo...very lightly sanded

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

halo...very lightly sanded

Yeah, I sanded mine to fit somewhat loosely in my vert breech and didn't think about how i was buying a warp soon, so no my Halo doesn't fit in my warp.

BTW, anyone know a quick fix for that?

Dave
10-13-2003, 10:11 PM
coffey, do you mean your Halo now is too loose for the warp? In any case, if its too loose, here is what you do:

make paper 'shims' for the neck of your halo.

Break the Halo halves apart. Cut a piece of paper however tall the neck of the hopper fits into the feed neck of the X-mag ( I would estimate about 7/8") and make it about 2 inches long. Now slide it between the inside of the outer shell, and the blue feed ramp tube inside the halo. Make sure it doesn't crumple when you put the other shell half on. Now, you have a paper spacer in between your halo shells and the blue feed tube inside it...and believe me, it works quite well. If its not tight enough, double up on it.

-Dave

thecavemankevin
10-14-2003, 07:26 AM
or you can just cut a small piece of sand paper and glue it to the inside of the warp. That way when you put you halo in it, you have a piece of sand paper acting as a shim between the warp and outside of the halo neck

thats what i did and it seems to work real well.

Bolter
10-14-2003, 07:47 AM
CoFFeY[NiTrO] Got it. The barrel had to be screwed as tight as possible.

hehehe!! Always something simple!! I often do really stupid things like "oh c r a p my gun doesn't fire" and i start taking it apart and then I realise my air was off.

I will learn one day.

JEDI
10-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]

Yeah, I sanded mine to fit somewhat loosely in my vert breech and didn't think about how i was buying a warp soon, so no my Halo doesn't fit in my warp.

BTW, anyone know a quick fix for that?

No no no... Dont use sand paper, or paper shims. The sand paper will further sand your Halo, and the shims are a pain to hang onto. Use JB Weld. Its the stuff that comes in two parts (black & gray goo) and you mix them together. Mix the two together, and smear a thin amount around the neck of the Halo.(1/2 high or so) Don't cover the seams of the neck.

Now let that dry, and then resand the JB Weld to fit what ever its going in. That stuff is tough as nails, and sticks well to the Halo neck. Plus you can always repeat the process. If you sand it smoothly enough, you can get a real clean finish too.

dansim
10-14-2003, 08:42 AM
whatever happened to electrical tape?

Kevmaster
10-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by dansim

word

coffey...sorry that gun has caused so many problems for you man

kosmo
10-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by dansim

No no no... that would be entirely too simple/cheap/replaceable/easy/removable/non-damaging-to-your-expensive-gear

JEDI
10-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by kosmo

No no no... that would be entirely too simple/cheap/replaceable/easy/removable/non-damaging-to-your-expensive-gear
Electrical tape melts, slides, and gums up your gear. Thats bad. :rolleyes:

BetaMax
10-14-2003, 11:53 AM
I am having similar problems with mine which I got 2 weeks ago.. My marker with the warp breach chops paint like crazy. There is no burs on the breach. The detent is screwed all the way in tight.

Marker with vertical breach shoots fine, no probs.

Only way to get my marker to work decent is to turn SPS to about 13 with ACE on 00. ACE 01/02 doesn't even work half the time and I am using solid color paint. So I leave it on 00

Psycho Chicken
10-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Yeah i'm tired of messing with the warp breech. I just use the center feed and haven't had a prob since. that was 15,000 shots and 0 breaks ago.

dansim
10-14-2003, 06:05 PM
yes because electrical tape melts between a hopper and warp, where are you playing hades?:p

BlackVCG
10-14-2003, 06:53 PM
When you set up an X-Mag to use the ACE and Warp, you need to adjust the eye different from how you'd adjust the eye for a vertical feed setup.

With the breech off, the gun on, air off and safety on, take a ball and guide it towards the eye as if it was feeding in from a warp breech. Adjust the pot accordingly.

smilestyler
10-14-2003, 07:14 PM
I wanted a warp breech..... til now:(

sharpshooter1286
10-14-2003, 09:21 PM
ive had many many experiences with electrical tape. i can personally assure you that if u put it on right and tight and then dont let any edges of it hang out, it will be more than fine for the day. it will give the hopper a snug fit as well. at the end of the day, u just find the edge and take it off. it also makes for easy cleaning if somebody somehow hit u in the feedneck (has happened b4, as well a the side of the barrel and idk how this one happened but my...finger. i was holding my hand up and called out after i was hit, and then i see one paintball looking like someone lobbed it out of the bunker and bam right straight to one of my fingers. it felt like a direct hit too.

kosmo
10-14-2003, 10:16 PM
I was an electrician for 3 years and I never once saw electrical tape melt.:confused: And that gum stuff comes right off with just a moist towlette, not that it matters anyway because youll be putting another piece of tape where that one just was next time you play.

Bolter
10-15-2003, 07:41 AM
JEDI Electrical tape melts, slides, and gums up your gear. Thats bad.

and

dansim yes because electrical tape melts between a hopper and warp, where are you playing hades?

erm......what sort of electrical tape do you two use? And is your warp on fire or something?

Melts?:confused:

dansim
10-15-2003, 07:49 AM
actually my hades post was made in a whimsical fasion towards jedis melting tape post, i said (sarcastically) yes tape melts.......,Where are you playing hades? :p