PDA

View Full Version : Gear hauling?

atcer
10-13-2003, 07:22 PM
What does everyone here use to haul their stuff around and out to the feilds? Looking at gear sacks, backpacks, rollers, hard cases, etc... just wanted to see what the AO'ers use.

Bad_Dog
10-13-2003, 07:28 PM
two words... BUCKET BUDDY...

atcer
10-13-2003, 07:34 PM
haha thats about along the lines of what im using now... a broken cooler. looking for something a little more professional looking.

davidnj
10-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Among the 5 of us that go play together, we have 14 markers. All of them along with the rest of the gear go in 4 large duffel bags. Once at the field we have 3 backpacks with us holding tools and other repair kits.

We just went to walmart and picked up 4 big ~$20ish bags. We've had them for about 5 years now so they are holding up well.

GA Devil
10-13-2003, 07:47 PM
unbroken cooler? Just a thought. LOL..right now Im using a backpack. Thank god I have a smaller gun and not something like the old school shocker of a timmy.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
10-13-2003, 08:33 PM
haha i have a problem getting a carrying case for my mag that has the warpfeed mounted hmm looking into getting one of those steel breif/suit cases perhaps

atcer
10-13-2003, 08:36 PM
yeah ive seen some really nice hardsiders with that cubed foam... expensive tho. so the warp stays on the gun all the time then?

i like tictacs
10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
JT SUV: Holds everything and the kitchen sink.

Z-man
10-13-2003, 09:07 PM
MiniVan.

-No one steals it cuz it ain't worth stealing.

-No one paints it cuz it's not an expensive car that is cool to deface.

-No one makes fun of you cuz your packing artillery ;)

ICOM
10-13-2003, 10:15 PM
go to HOMEDEPOT and get one of those big yellow with wheels toolbox. the 40inch one i think. Has a tray once you open up for all your tools and a storage area for the equip. Its 40 bucks, when i get the chance i am going to pick me up one.

Curly
10-13-2003, 10:43 PM
I have a planet eclipse bag in which I carry: Angel Speed, Lasoya timmy, barrels, clothes, pads, tanks, hoppers etc. Then I have a clear tub with a lid in which I carry two packs 4.3 and 5.4 w/ 4 loops, 17-20 pods, masks, cleats etc. I also carry a tool kit.

epterry
10-13-2003, 10:52 PM
I use a mule jk. I actually use a big rubber-maid tote.

Torbo
10-13-2003, 11:01 PM
for now, i carry my entire gun setup and put everything else in a duffel bag. Its just not working out for me tho, so im getting a Redz gearbag.

Caffiend
10-13-2003, 11:27 PM
a small tackle box for all my tools...and my hands + lots and lots of trips to and from the car.

soon to use a bigger plactic toolbox from walmart and maybe a duffel bag.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
10-14-2003, 01:22 AM
I use a Nike large gear bag. Bought it at sports chalet for 29.99 =) Holds all my gear and then some.

steph3nlim
10-14-2003, 02:02 AM
trunk...

clothes only get washed before a tournament
guns get cleaned as i feel

bugs in my trunk due to this? yes

Splathappy
10-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by i like tictacs

Hey wheres the kitchen sink ???

I dont see it

funkmunky56
10-14-2003, 11:13 AM
The "Thorax2" from Mantis...

http://www.mantisgear.com

it doesn't just hold the kitchen sink, it can hold the oven and a full complement of Iron Chefs!

"and today's secret ingredient is... Gold Cup!"</end bad dubbing>

Seriously, though... this thing holds EVERYTHING, and with the separate marker storage in the bottom tray, you don't have to go digging for your baby whenever you wanna tech something! I've been accused of holding midget wrestling matches in my gearbag... with FULL STADIUM SEATING. LOL.

and the external pod holders are great for filling quickly. Just pop the tube open, and pour in!

--Dave

Dryden
10-14-2003, 11:22 AM
I like the 24in Craftsman Tote Truck from Sears.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00959027000

The bottom "tub" is large enough for me to carry two complete changes of clothes, a pair of shoes, two masks, and my pods and harnesses.

There are two stackable trays that sit on top where I can store loose items, tools and batteries, etc ..., while the middle tray is deep enough that I can store small 8-10 oz bottles of things like goggle cleaners and oils upright so that I don't have to deal with spills all over my gear.

The thing is a tank, has big 5" wheels and a telescoping handle, so it's as easy to move as luggage. The side handles can be used to padlock the lid in place (which is great for me as it prevents the 3 year old at home from injuring himself) and the loops in the padlock holes are wide enough to thread a cable lock if I want to bolt my gear to a tree at a field.

Overall, the entire case is able to withstand about 350 - 400 pounds of load, so the case doubles as a workbench when cleaning my gun and a chair when relaxing between games.

In case you can't tell, I can't say enough good things about this. It's the best overall piece of utility equipment I've ever bought, and can be found for around $30.00 when general hardware is on sale (like Father's Day and Christmas).

I've got a few old pics of this here, with my pre-Intelliframed MiniMag and a Rufus Dog marker case (which is the only thing I don't store in the Craftsman Tote - so I can easily carry the entire marker kit and nothing else when I just want to fire off a few rounds in the back yard).

http://www.bininger.com/tote-truck-1.jpg

http://www.bininger.com/tote-truck-2.jpg

- Rich B

Big'n slo
10-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Dryden,

Thats exactly what I need. Prolly end up leaving Sears full of wrenches and sockets tho...

:D :cool:

Cannon-Fodder
10-14-2003, 03:33 PM
At IAO this year I picked up a Rat's pack from RatCo.

Currently I have two markers worth of gear in the pack.
2 markers,2 tanks, 2 hoppers, 2 squegies,2 towls, a hand full of barrel bags, and 3 barrels.
my pack attatches to the outside,
The tool kit attaches to the outside - its not as big as a lot of people want but its fine for me.
and I found that a couple of extra pods fit inside.

One problem is there is a strap on the outside that you can attach your goggles to but your goggles are not protected that way. I was lucky that I already had a semi hard goggle bag and I just use that and attach it to the pack.

I would give you a link to their site but I dont remember it off the top of my head. here is a link to a store that caries them.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/040-3989-1.html

Splathappy
10-14-2003, 03:55 PM
ok If anyone else posts saying there gearbag/box can hold a kitchen sink i expect to see a picture showing your gearbag/box with a kitchen sink in it.

f3rr3+
10-14-2003, 07:26 PM
if you actually post pictures with a kitchen sink in your bag you win something cool...

cris8762
10-14-2003, 07:53 PM
i've got one of those mantis backpacks which is exactly like the 2k2 JT backpack but has mantis logos on it

it holds my tank, 2 guns, 4 barrels, mask, 2 hoppers, shin and elbow pads, tool kit, jersey and pants, AND i can clip my pack on the front of it

it's f/s btw if neone is interested

TITAN
10-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by i like tictacs

holy ****! maybe i should have gotten that instead of a jt gearsack

blakdragon21
10-14-2003, 11:18 PM
I got an a big aluminum suitcase. It fits evertyhing in there. It looks like something Leon from the movie "The Profesional" would carry. I get compliments on it all the time. Like what are you an assasin, and guess what I am. :D

LudavicoSoldier
10-15-2003, 08:18 AM
I use two Rogue Samoset Lacrosse bags, with a Redz barrel bag, and a Redz angel condom for my mag. Works just fine, easy to haul too.

lord1234
10-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Check out Ratco Paintball packs! they were at IAO. Company founded by a kid, search the forums for Ratco in PB talk...very cool. And the kid uses mags in his ads:)(he shoots a minimag)

bunderwood
10-15-2003, 12:31 PM
As far as a guncase goes, go to Home Depot and get a hard equipment case with a layer of foam blocks you can remove to create a recessed area for your gun. I think they were about $20.00 last time I looked. Looks nice and professional too.

I carry my air tanks and misc supplies in a large Home Depot orange toolbox with a clear flip up lid, and a tray inside.

As far as a gear bag goes, I found a HUGE bag at a Land's End outlet store (L.E. now sold at Sears too) for about $40.00. It holds all my clothing (pack, shin guards,etc), a first aid kit, my repair tools (which are in a small craftsman toolbox), and just about anything else I need. Word of warning: with all that stuff, it gets a little awkward to carry, but its not bad, and you always know where your stuff is.

Good luck with your decision...