PDA

View Full Version : Warp Problems

SPLASH1
10-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Here is my problem, or maybe problems.

First, I have my warp, hopper, and gun loaded with paint. When I pull the trigger the warp spins but does not push paint up into the marker. I know the warp is spinning I can see it, but paint does not go up the tube. I have replaced the wheels. This did not help the problem. Someone once told me to check the belt. So, I changed that also. I have the sensitivity set to spin with just a slight tap on the trigger. The wheel is set to spin a lot per pull. I set it that way to ensure the warp will feed when I am dump paint.

That leads to the second problem, the warp not keeping up. I do not usually have this problem since going back to a mag, but my brother has this problem with his warp and Impy set-up. I am afraid that once I get the new 3.0 software I will start having the problem too.

Now for my last problem. When I am at a tournament sometimes I have a long wait between games. I have had paint, that was left if the gun, get stuck in the wheel and spin around and around. This was kind of funny except for the fact that everyone on my team was yelling at me to shoot and I could not.

Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

David

SocialD
10-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Prob #1: Is the bore of your paint too small? If so, read the 3rd or 4th post on how to make shims.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50487

Prob #2: I know it sound simple, but are your batteries any good?

Prob #3: ?????? Ummm.....no idea.

The way that you state that your warp is setup will eat your batteries.

SPLASH1
10-14-2003, 11:51 AM
I read the part about shims, but the way I read it that is for when you have paint that is too big not too small. I thought it could have been the bore size of the paint too.

Yes, I put brand new batteries in the warp. I know the setting are high and they do use up the batteries quickly. I would rather buy new batteries than run out of paint in the gun.

I read some of the forum you posted. what I do not understand is why should I lubricate the wheel?

hitech
10-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Both the warp not feeding and not keeping up are probably from the paint being "too" small. Here is what Tom (AGD) said to do. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1046548)

SocialD
10-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Hitech is probably right. I was just going from memory about the shims. It makes sense that the tape idea would work if the paint is too small and the shims would work if the paint is too big.

As far as the oil in the friction discs is concerned, it allows the paint in the warp to slip when the works beyond the discs are full of paint. That way it doesn't put undue pressure on the paint.

SPLASH1
10-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys,

This forum is great. I have been trying for a long time to get my warp working correctly when all I had to do was ask. I am so glad I went back to a "MAG". I may send my MAG and warp with a friend to CUP and have it looked over to be sure everything is working correctly.