PDA

View Full Version : Intimidator Relibality??

joshembry
10-14-2003, 12:26 PM
How reliable are intimidators........i noticed a few poeple havin g to wok on theirs cause theirs sometin wrong with it....are there any common problems they have or routine maintance that will prefent the gun from goin down???

lopxtc
10-14-2003, 01:04 PM
All I do with mine is break it down compleatly once a month to clean and lube.

Take apart all the regs (in-line, and front reg (1x or 2x depending on your set-up) ... clean all the dow55 off and then relube.

Check all the o-rings to make sure they are not cracked or worn out.

Check the ram bumper to make sure its still good to, assuming you dont have a bumperless ram.

Aside from that once a month breakdown and cleaning there isnt much else I do. Wipe the marker down after each day of play and make sure there is no paint getting into little areas.

The only problem I have ever had with mine was resolved like a mag ... changed out a couple o-rings and ready to rock and roll.

Aaron

xtremexnyc
10-14-2003, 02:33 PM
lopxtc pretty much explained it. Not much to do. Pretty reliable. I have never had problems with my Ironmen. Click on the link below it's an FAQ.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26282

FutureMagOwner
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
the only problem ive been having with mine is weak wiring but i think thats probably because it wasnt exactly in prime condition when i bought it...

joshembry
10-14-2003, 06:07 PM
thanks fellas

10-14-2003, 06:19 PM
The only people who I notice have problems with their intimidators are the ones who are incessantly messing with them.

spydervenom
10-14-2003, 06:48 PM
yeah, the only problem i ever had w/ mine was the wiring...but i also took it apart weekly(i tried to not..)

cledford
10-14-2003, 09:33 PM
The Timmy is the most hands down fragile gun I've ever owned - bar none. I wouldn't say I had any more problems with it then the next gun, and really enjoyed own it. I just never got comfortable with its cheap, light weight constuction. I always wished I had a gun with the quality, toughness and reliablity of a Viking, combined with the speed and the eyes of the Timmy. Now I do, just bought a WAS'd Viking a few weeks ago. Sold the Timmy 3 days later...

-Calvin