PDA

View Full Version : Market for used 'Mags dropped like a rock!

Kevmag
10-14-2003, 08:00 PM
I've been trying to sell a nice Retro Mag for over a month with very little success. Seems like the market for non-ULE, non-X-Mag products has dropped drastically.

I ask you the mag buying market, what is the market for a working Powerfeed Automag w/ I-Frame and Retro Valve in nice condition?

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

PS - I have decent feedback on this AO (no bad feedback)

WARPED1
10-14-2003, 08:02 PM
PM me about your ReTro valve! I need a rail too.

Kevmag
10-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Sorry. I did not make this post on the main forum to sell the marker, but rather to hear comments on the mag "market".

I'll post in the classifieds when I decide to relist the marker.

Thanks - Kevin

Automaggin2
10-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Actually, they have skyrocketed! Well, I mean used mags with ULEs, Iframes, and Xvalves. There was never much of a market for the old mags

-=Squid=-
10-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Angels arent so hot either right now...try selling an upgraded 2k CnC lcd :rolleyes:

Xyxyll
10-14-2003, 08:32 PM
My RT Pro has been up on the market for 3 months now. No serious offers. And mine's got the X-Valve! :(

http://www.x-customs.com/images/outside.jpg

Strider
10-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Try the Angel market if you want drop.

It's partially the time of year. In my experience, there tends to be more for sale (which means less buyers, lower prices) in the fall...

Kevmag
10-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Strider
Try the Angel market if you want drop.

It's partially the time of year. In my experience, there tends to be more for sale (which means less buyers, lower prices) in the fall...

Didn't think about this aspect, but it makes alot of sense. Sometimes I forget about the time of year as the weather has been very nice lately (sunny, mid 70's)

spydervenom
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
i can see why...after all...all i look for is almost all ULE and x-valve.
sorry dudes

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-14-2003, 09:26 PM
like 340 or so for your mag kev

kosmo
10-14-2003, 10:10 PM
I tried to sell my old RT Pro (pre intelliframe) a couple of months ago for 250 bucks and nobody would take so I just gave it to my friend. Idve liked to have kept it, but its next to impossible to get compressed air in Korea.:(

mirthvader
10-14-2003, 10:23 PM
I have bought and sold a bunch of mags including an RT. You have got to know that the upgrades just don't add much to the value of a gun when you sell it. That's why you see so many guys parting them out.

Classic mags seem to drop a bunch in price from new and then stay at the same level forever. When you can buy a classic for $150 it is tough to buy an upgraded classic for $340 even if it has an expensive valve. And if I am looking at expensive valves, then xmag is the newest. RT valve is now third generation.

Most of the resale guns that don't sell are overpriced. Unfortunately, you know what you spent for the upgrades and you hope to get more money.
That goes for all guns though. Try and get your money out of a pimped out anything.

Upgraded mags are a great buy but no great to sell.

breg
10-14-2003, 11:43 PM
I've noticed that as the various paintball companies (AGD, WDP, WGP, Kingman, SP, Bob Long, etc.) make new products, the demand for the older ones drop off. Maybe, try parting them out. That may make it easier to sell some of the older parts (i.e. the main body or the valve). You never know what collector might be looking for.

Paintchucker
10-15-2003, 02:59 AM
Used equipment is not really that hard to sell, but it does take a little marketing, and realistic expectations. First, you will probably only get 50-70% of the $$ you spent on your marker when selling it used. Next, you have to put on your marketing hat if you expect to be in sales, even for just one gun.

I looked at your ad. The pictures and gun description are very good. However, you did not list an "ask" price. While guns rarely sell for that, it does give a starting point. Also, your gun is not complete. It would have a much better chance of selling if it was a complete gun. If it had a barrel and a drop/asa, it would probably be much more inticing. People prefer to buy something that they can get in the box, pull out, and play with. Lastly, too much information. While we share your joy of expecting a baby, people that will buy a gun, want to buy a gun because it is nice looking, shoots well, and will be dependable.

The market may be a little soft, but that just means you have to lower your price some. :) I was able to sell two of my guns, a ule body and several barrels in about a two week period. It was some work, but an accomplishable task. Good Luck to You!!!

LittMag
10-15-2003, 05:50 AM
It's no longer summer, not as many people playing anymore because school's started up and the weather's getting worse.

Kevmag
10-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Paintchucker - Great advise. Thanks!

These were my thoughts when posting the marker (actually for the 2nd time in a month):
Regarding the baby part, I've noticed I always get asked "why are you selling it?". I thought I'd beat them to the punch.

No asking price. I actually thought a better response than the first time because I wouldn't give anyone "sticker shock".

Not complete marker. The first time (and this last time) I listed it, I rec'd many requests to part or sell without the XXXX. I thought I might be a better response by showing a "bare bones" marker.

In short, you gave very good advise on how to market this used Mag. I'll relist with using your suggestions. Thanks again - Kevin

RoadDawg
10-15-2003, 07:49 PM
The markets I've noticed dropping are the SS bodies, and SS Retro's. For example I'm getting offers for $30 on a clean SS mini body. I'd just rather keep it then sell it for a LARGE loss. Stainless Retro's are a joke to sell now. Even with LX you take low blows. It's a joke.

GT
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
youd be better off parting it out if you want top dollar.