PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Update!!!

AGDJon
10-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey AO'ers,

We will be selling X-Mags at this event. They will be sold at retail only (sorry dealers).

We will also have RT Pro's and E-mags with the option of getting a ULE main body installed, ULE trigger pulls kits, and x-valves.

We will be wheeling and dealing at this event so come one and come all!!! Tell your friends as you don't want miss out on your last chance of this year!!!

This would be a GREAT time to start shopping for Christmas now!!!

Limited Quantities so take advantage of it now.

Also, Just to add more flavor. I will be selling a C&C Angel IR-3's in red for only $1000.00. Brand new in the box and factory sealed.

Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cphilip
10-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by AGDJon
Tell your friends as you don't want miss out on your last chance of this year!!!

Ahem...no....last chance will be AO Day SE in South Carolina....

:D

AGDJon
10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
LOL we will be having a different sale for SC :-)

cphilip
10-15-2003, 11:27 AM
LOL we will be having a different sale for SC :-)

yea... but see how I snuck in a promotion for AO SE in there?

;) :cool:

DiRTyBuNNy
10-15-2003, 12:01 PM
You're selling IR3's? Where did that come from?

manike
10-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
yea... but see how I snuck in a promotion for AO SE in there?

;) :cool:

Yeah, nice and subtle! I liked it...

See you guys at the Cup!!! :D

Clare
10-15-2003, 12:07 PM
You're selling IR3's? Where did that come from?

if I remember correctly, the AGD Kids won them at a tournament..

cphilip
10-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

if I remember correctly, the AGD Kids won them at a tournament..

HOW DARE THEY!!!! ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
10-15-2003, 12:26 PM
ah...trying to convert the young ones...very smart of WDP..

Jack & Coke
10-15-2003, 12:29 PM

We will be selling X-Mags at this event.

So does this mean there's no more 6-month waiting list?

If there's still a waiting list... it's certainly nice to see all those people, who have been patiently waiting for many months for an xmag, to endure more waiting so that we can spread more of the good x-gospel at WC2003.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

So does this mean there's no more 6-month waiting list?

If there's still a waiting list... it's certainly nice to see all those people, who have been patiently waiting for many months for an xmag, to endure more waiting so that we can spread more of the good x-gospel at WC2003.

Nah...I think they just haven't sold my X-Mag yet..hahahaha...

crankydan
10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Jon,

Are you going to be doing any of the Software Flashing? Please let me know, I plan on going this coming weekend and want to bring my EMag if you are.

Thanks

AGDJon
10-15-2003, 03:12 PM
As it looks right now, we may not be doing any flashing at WC. X-mags are due in soon and they will need the programmer more than we will.

Don't give up hope though as we are still trying to work it out as I type.

AutomagRT1483
10-15-2003, 04:43 PM
How soon are they coming Jon? I want my baby to come home to papa!;)

Geoff

Kevmaster
10-15-2003, 05:39 PM
is anyone else at least slightly surprised at this?

selling X-Mags at WC2003??

guys...there are people who are on the waiting list right now who have been there for 6 months. I see the point in having display models down there, but selling to the public is going to aleinate your customer base here whos waited for MONTHS to get one. They've sat patiently (some not so much as others) to get their Xmag and you're letting people skip the line? If my opinion matters at all (and it really doesnt--I've got an X) I think this is terrible. If I were waiting for an X I would be so firey pissed off right now

DiRTyBuNNy
10-15-2003, 06:14 PM
heck..if someone wants my first X-mag, go ahead and buy it..I didn't want it...and I don't know if anyone else did either..so go right ahead and sell it at cup..

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-15-2003, 06:27 PM
I agree with Kevmag, show them off but if you're taking advantage of the insanely fair patience the AOers still waiting on XMags have given AGD the company (especially since they have been an integral part in spreading the word about your new products) and shunning them for new customers, that's weak and takes my respect for AGD down a notch. The delays have been pathetic, but we respected the fact it may be out of the hands of AGD to be quicker. This isn't though.

And don't use getting new customers as the reason for this, some highly anticipated and top selling products like the IR3, Angel 4, 2003 Shocker, Xmag originally, Eclipse Eblade, etc have had a long delay between their initial introduction and their ful-scale release and sold so well they continued to not met demands.

Show them off with pride and then send them to the people on the waiting list. I have no benefit from saying this stuff, I don't plan on getting one at all (AKA toys for me). However I truly respect your company and want to see AGD continue to grow, but screwing over the core of your business that is the AO community, specifically those who can afford XMags, isn't smart or something I'd expect from other companies but not AGD. Do the right thing.

Gecko
10-15-2003, 06:44 PM
AGD probably set aside some guns from the last batch just to sell at WC and actually have some inventory. Majority of guns that people are waiting for are custom colors. Xmags can be had if you only want black or somthing basic. Your gonna wait if you want your reverse splash thunderstruck pink to lime green fade xmag

Jon PLEASE PLEASE flash guns
I'm tired of taking crap from all my friends who own timmays. Must have 3.0 software of DOOM
Please? Do it for the kittens

edweird
10-15-2003, 06:47 PM
If I was a betting man I think the Xmags they are selling are ones that people failed to take delivery on. And not really any deviation from the production line... only selling failed transactions from earlier on the line.

Jack & Coke
10-15-2003, 06:54 PM
But shouldn't those on the waiting list get first dibs?

Even on "failed transactions"?

edweird
10-15-2003, 07:12 PM
kinda defeats the whole made to order thing eigh?

personally I think I would wait instead of taking someones leftovers... I know that If I was paying over 1400 bucks for a made to order marker with custom anno I should get the chance to choose my own anno and well have it "Made to Order"

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-15-2003, 07:24 PM
If they are failed deliveries, and that's if as it hasn't been confirmed, I could see that being a better case, but I have an idea that is fair to both sides:

They can do what they can to offer them as options for people waiting by letting those on wait who will be at the Cup exclusively browse and select from them on Day One and sell them to everybody on Day Two. This would be a great way to clear some inventory on Day One at the Cup, still get some exposure and action at the booth, and show respect for the people who have waited. Even if you tag them and show them off during the rest of the cup as "The Jack+Coke Xmag" or something like that, except those playing since they would probably be using them which is good press too.

Kevmaster
10-15-2003, 07:38 PM
couple of things:

1) I could not call AGD today and ask for a black X-Mag and have it in a week...or a month...or likely 6 months. The problem is not anno time, not the lack of valves, not anything but lack of bodies. AGDE pumps out Y many bodies per month and thats what the world gets. Take it or leave it

2) Ed, you're telling me on the list of 300 people theres not ANOTHER ONE who wants a Red to clear or Yellow to black fade? Yes, they are all 'custom' colors and some are more popular than others...but I have to bet ONE customer who is already in line wants one of the ones they're bringing.

RRfireblade
10-15-2003, 08:02 PM
As it looks right now, we may not be doing any flashing at WC. X-mags are due in soon and they will need the programmer more than we will.

Don't even say that!

My Xmag from the last batch just missed 3.0 by a hair,PLEASE don't do to me or us again,come on man.I can't believe you guys can't scrounge up a second programmer.Some one at AGD has got to be able to solder a connector and a cable together in less than a week!If not let me know what it's going to require and I'll have one there sunday.

Please!!

Jay.

Potatoboy
10-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Flashing software...

You know... If I was going, I could bring mine...

;)

I think Funk was going to send Rob some cables today, so it *should* be all good.

RRfireblade
10-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
Flashing software...

I think Funk was going to send Rob some cables today, so it *should* be all good.

I'm totally serious,if all it takes is a cable,give me the specs and it WILL be there sunday.

Jay.

RobAGD
10-15-2003, 08:35 PM
JOn - I have a complete rig for flashing guns. If TK ok's it we CAN flash if its cool. I have 2.1 2.4 and Beta 3

-Robert

jdaniels
10-15-2003, 09:41 PM
will the valve trade thing be going on at the world cup.

PsychoBaller
10-16-2003, 04:01 AM
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES !!!.... o yah... its only Thursday..... I can wait.

JEDI
10-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Why is it that every time we have complaints with AGD we're given some excuse to rationalize whats going on. It's even worse that AO members that aren't affected by the issue come on here and offer lame excuses as well.

Its like the "good customer service" claim goes further for AGD. Ethan of Free Flow gets crapped on for some small "polishing internals" claim, and people overlook the fact that otherwise Free Flow is a stellar company.

Tom is the pres. of AGD yet every time a problem arises, its someone elses fault... the anno guy, the programmer, the supplier got sick... bla bla bla.

In my opinion AGD's reputation is being worn very thin lately.

AGDJon
10-16-2003, 09:24 AM
OK, just to let you guys know. The x-mags that are being sold were not wanted by the original customers for one reason or another. That is why we are bringing them to WC for sale at full retail only. No dealers will be able to purchase these, and there will be no discounts. Plus, they only have centerfeed modules. Based on the number of people we have called, more than 60% of the people want their x-mags with warp modules and are willing to wait for them.

On a second note: we WILL be able to flash boards if Rob does bring his programmer. The programmer that we have needs to be here to get X-mags out that will be in the next batch. Thanks Rob.

Hope this clears it up and see you at the cup!!!

And yes, we will be able to do the valve trade in deal as well.

wyn1370
10-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JEDI
In my opinion AGD's reputation is being worn very thin lately.
I'm with completely JEDI, don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with everybody, but my faith in the way the company operates is gone
that new A4 is looking better and better compaired to my ?? month wait for my X

AGDJon
10-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Ok guys, we hear you moaning and groaning. Here is your chance to grab an X-Mag before I take them down to World Cup. The guidelines are below:

1. Retail only - no dealers.
2. You must be on the preorder list already.
3. You must be willing to give up your spot on the preorder list to buy one of these instead.
4. You must be available by phone Friday morning, October 17th.
5. You must be able to pay by credit card immediately.

Prices: #1 and #3 are $1560 plus S&H; #2 is $1365 plus S&H.

Procedure:

Post your choice of the available Xmags no later than 9:00 a.m. central time tomorrow (Friday, October 17th). Also, send me a PM with your real name and daytime phone number. If I can't get a hold of you by 9:30 a.m., I'll call the next person who requested that Xmag. Sales must be finalized by 11:00 a.m. central time tomorrow; any gun not sold by then will go to World Cup for retail sale.

This is X-Mag #1:

AGDJon
10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
This is X-Mag #2

AGDJon
10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
This is X-Mag #3

DiRTyBuNNy
10-16-2003, 03:16 PM
X-Mag #1 was mine!! WOOT WOOT!!...have fun with it whoever gets it!! hahahahhaha...

crankydan
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Rob and Jon,

Can you guys get together and figure this flashing thing out? I don’t want to drag my EMag down if your not upgrading software. I to am getting a little tired of the Timmy and AKA guys giving me crap about how their software is updated.

Please let us know what the plan is. Are you going to be available this weekend if not when?

Thanks

PS #3 is one sick looking marker!!!!!

Crankydan

AGDJon
10-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by crankydan
Rob and Jon,

Can you guys get together and figure this flashing thing out? I don’t want to drag my EMag down if your not upgrading software. I to am getting a little tired of the Timmy and AKA guys giving me crap about how their software is updated.

Please let us know what the plan is. Are you going to be available this weekend if not when?

Thanks

PS #3 is one sick looking marker!!!!!

Crankydan

Rob said he will bring the programmer down. I was able to upload and email software to him as well.

crankydan
10-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Jon,

Thanks guys, see ya on Sunday. I hope the line isnt to long! :D

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks guys, like I said I'm not one of the people waiting for an XMag but I am sure the people who are and benefit from this offer are grateful for it (translation: any AO-MA'ers who get their XMags quicker because of this should let me shoot it sometime, lol). It's a good gesture towards AO and speaks highly of AGD.

Moaning and groaning though? I'd call it Kevmag, J+C, and myself just being willing to speak up and be the bad guys to help other AOers out. I don't think any of us three are getting one, we're just willing to point out a win/win opportunity for AO and AGD.

edweird
10-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Nice thing you doin for the ppl on the list Jon... I hope that someone on the list can take advantage of this since they have the option now.

regardless what the naysayers cry about this is cool of you guys.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Yeah...that blue dust one needs the playboy bunny engraved valve..hahaha...

RobAGD
10-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Jon,

Maybe I could get the gun I was promised back in Feb ?? :D

#2 looks damn nice :) Hint Hint

-Robert

Strider
10-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Wow... #3 is NICE! Though obviously it was suposed to be a silver to blue, but blue to blue looks Sweet! :D

Nick O time
10-16-2003, 11:18 PM
i think #3 was supposed to be mine, but i already had one by the time they called. don't worry AGD i would never desert you. aren't you all happy i chose a good color scheme if indeed that Xmag was supposed to be mine.:p

Kevmaster
10-16-2003, 11:49 PM
I just thought that it was bad business to sell markers to people on the spot ahead of peole who had waited 200+ days without even talking to each one of them. Sure, they dont have a warp breech, but I still find it hard to believe there is NOBODY on the list who would take that one next week. Maybe they'll pick it up here...but lets be honest...not everyone hawks the internet like we do :)

AGDJon
10-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
I just thought that it was bad business to sell markers to people on the spot ahead of peole who had waited 200+ days without even talking to each one of them. Sure, they dont have a warp breech, but I still find it hard to believe there is NOBODY on the list who would take that one next week. Maybe they'll pick it up here...but lets be honest...not everyone hawks the internet like we do :)

Just to answer you quite simply, before we posted this, I received an email from Tom to offer it to AO members at World Cup first before selling it to the general public.

Cya at cup!!!

toolfan62
10-17-2003, 05:08 PM
O GOD X-MAG#1 is sooooooooooooo sexy,damn i wish i had that kind of money:(

DiRTyBuNNy
10-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by toolfan62
O GOD X-MAG#1 is sooooooooooooo sexy,damn i wish i had that kind of money:(

yeah...I feel bad for the guy that gave that gun up..:D :D :D

toolfan62
10-17-2003, 05:54 PM
ya that sucks that u had to give it up:p

DiRTyBuNNy
10-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Yes...well..I'm getting another one...I wouldn't have pictured #1 when I asked for a blue/black fade...but oh well...

Xyxyll
10-18-2003, 10:57 PM
lol... #2 is better than both #1 and #3!

FalconGuy016
10-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Xyxyll
lol... #2 is better than both #1 and #3!

YES you are right!
And cheaper!

Taco
10-19-2003, 08:40 PM
So0o0o.... what's left?

WARPED1
10-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

I'm with completely JEDI, don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with everybody, but my faith in the way the company operates is gone
that new A4 is looking better and better compaired to my ?? month wait for my X I concur................

DiRTyBuNNy
10-19-2003, 10:23 PM
I'm still waiting to see what Team Strange, Toxic and/or Adrenalin are going to do with the 2k3 Shocker...not to mention the different bolts that are currently in testing..

Six Feet Under
10-21-2003, 05:37 PM

I might be coming to World Cup 2003 this coming weekend too if my Mom will bring me (I'm 14 so I can't drive yet). How much are you selling the X-Mags for? Could I maybe just maybe have one?:D

RRfireblade
10-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I'm still waiting to see what Team Strange, Toxic and/or Adrenalin are going to do with the 2k3 Shocker...not to mention the different bolts that are currently in testing..

Strange Shockers show'd up this morning.They look about the same 'cept for the Strange logo milled in the Shocker and another 3oz milled off.they come with vision and SS Freak backs.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-23-2003, 05:30 PM
yes..but we must have pictures...and I haven't seen any? and what about the lovely Amanda...do not let her go unnoticed..

RRfireblade
10-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
yes..but we must have pictures...and I haven't seen any? and what about the lovely Amanda...do not let her go unnoticed..

Trust me she hasn't been "unnoticed" at least 3 times since last Sunday night.
;)

And pics of what exactly?

Jay.