PDA

View Full Version : Warp on/off 12v mod

vf-xx
10-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Ok, I know that there are other ways to do the 12v mod, but I noticed that I have a couple extra xboards lying around now and I'm thinking that I could use this for a combo on/off, 12v, led mod.

I haven't had the time to sit down and figure out where to mount it yet, but that's not really going to be that difficult.

My main question is can you pull 12v directly off the board? I'm thinking I'll use the wires that would go to the revvie motor as my power leads, then just short across the leads for the eye. If my understanding on how the revvy works, this should make the board constantly send a 12v signal out the motor wires.

am I missing something here?

vf-xx
10-17-2003, 12:14 AM
ok, well I've got it rigged up, but it won't work. When I test it the volt meter says that I've got just under 17v coming out of the adapter, but the warp won't turn. Does the xboard change the amperage or something?

vf-xx
10-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Up!

Comon, I know somebody has to know what's going on.

Rob maybe?

knodeoff
10-19-2003, 08:11 PM
i heard there is an equalizer (i think thats what you call it) that only alows so much amperage out. so if you put 2 9v into the revvy you have 18v but the board only uses 12v so the extra 6v are used after the batteries die down. Am i making sense? so i think that it would be really hard/impossible to pull 12v off the board. i hope this makes sense.

knode

vf-xx
10-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Well see I'm pulling the voltage I need off the board. it's just not working.